The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   For everyone that has been concerned, asking,,, here it is. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=726938)

specialtyretail 01-08-2017 09:10 PM

For everyone that has been concerned, asking,,, here it is.

1 Attachment(s)
I see and have contact with several members here in the real world. They know about our little issue from the week before Christmas, it was not a big deal but sure caused some major inconvenience in our world. The F150 we have used for the last seven years was struck by lightning. Not it itself, but the ground about eight inches from it. Long story short, the truck did not survive, every electrical component was destroyed. So, to get right to it, here is our 98 GMC C1500. It is nothing fancy, a beater with a heater, but I think it will get the job done. Please, no tacky F150 jokes as that truck never failed me while bringing in several dozen of our old trucks back to the shop over the years. Most of you have seen the pics of trucks on the trailer with the F150 doing it's job.

LongBox 01-08-2017 09:18 PM

Re: For everyone that has been concerned, asking,,, here it is.

Now, now! Careful what you say. FYI, my daily driver is a 98 Silverado. Yep, it's old, and yep, it's not worth much, but really? A beater?? No way.

If I did not have the silverado, I'd have to take my convertible or my 69 out in the salt, sleet, etc. The 98 is a godsend, a true heroic vehicle, a treasure, etc. etc. etc.

specialtyretail 01-08-2017 09:44 PM

Oh hell no, I am not ragging on the GMC, I am glad to have it. It was a relief to find just a good old work truck as everyone around here was trying to sell me pretty trucks with Bluetooth and Latte cup holders. I was driving the 72 C10 shop truck during the two week replacement hunt.

57taskforce 01-08-2017 09:59 PM

98 was a good year I've had my K2500 for a long time. It's the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned by far. Glad you got a new toy hauler and presumably no one was in the truck when the ground got struck!

specialtyretail 01-08-2017 10:06 PM

That is good to hear. No one was injured, we were all in the house, but it sure rattled everything.

truckster 01-08-2017 10:11 PM

I had a Ford E-350 that made it to 420,000 miles. I've got nothing bad to say about them.

72 Super 01-08-2017 10:22 PM

Glad no one was injured and glad you got another truck.

Ray

SuperBuickGuy 01-09-2017 01:42 AM

Nice truck.

So what you're saying about your poor, old workhorse is that it got the Lightning packaged added to it?

Sorry, but laughter can be the best medicine.

Tom 01-09-2017 02:14 PM

God's way of saying drive a chevy :D
Good looking truck on the outside at least. Now slam it!

specialtyretail 01-09-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBuickGuy (Post 7820175)
Nice truck.

So what you're saying about your poor, old workhorse is that it got the Lightning packaged added to it?

Sorry, but laughter can be the best medicine.

Yes, the Lightning joke has been pretty popular around the store and my shop. Good laughs.

Cape Codder 01-09-2017 08:01 PM

I ended up in my 98 same as you,old truck took a dump and needed replacement. My search was for a reg cab 2 wheel drive 6 cylinder basic truck. I found my 98 W/T and after 3 years as my daily driver boat mover I can say it is on of the nicest vehicles I ever ownes and except for my 70 GTO the nicest riding and fun . BTW been driving since 1969

SuperBuickGuy 01-09-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by specialtyretail (Post 7820684)
Yes, the Lightning joke has been pretty popular around the store and my shop. Good laughs.

almost too easy, but still :lol:

specialtyretail 01-10-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cape Codder (Post 7820930)
I ended up in my 98 same as you,old truck took a dump and needed replacement. My search was for a reg cab 2 wheel drive 6 cylinder basic truck. I found my 98 W/T and after 3 years as my daily driver boat mover I can say it is on of the nicest vehicles I ever ownes and except for my 70 GTO the nicest riding and fun . BTW been driving since 1969

I think we are going to be alright with it, just getting used to the differences.