The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Exhaust Prices (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=608336)

JonCheun 12-16-2013 11:00 PM

Exhaust Prices

I'm thinking of redoing my entire dual exhaust system. Headers, mufflers. I bought the truck with headers and exhaust system already done but it's a ****ty job and I'm getting tired of the headers. The way the headers are routed the #5 and 6 plugs are a pain in the ass and I even though I have heat shields on the wires I always have to check them. I know it ranges from type of headers and mufflers but what have you guys paid for the exhaust?

LockDoc 12-16-2013 11:40 PM

Re: Exhaust Prices

-
I paid $250 for my last dual exhaust system from the stock rams horns back. That was on the '69 Suburban I finished last fall.

LockDoc

Sandemonium 12-16-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 6422040)
-
I paid $250 for my last dual exhaust system from the stock rams horns back. That was on the '69 Suburban I finished last fall.

LockDoc

With mufflers? That is a good price.

I am about to take my Jimmy in for 2 1/2" duals from the rams horns all the way to the rear corners with magnaflow mufflers and was quoted $400.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will be done.

HotRod C/10 12-16-2013 11:47 PM

I was just quoted $300-350 for 2 1/2" pipe from collectors to the rear bumper. I have the mufflers already.

Z10 12-17-2013 12:15 AM

Just had a complete 2.5" stainless Magnaflow system delivered last week. Check out this site. Currently running a 20% off sale plus free freight. If you don't live in Texas, you won't pay freight either.http://performancetruckproducts.com/...-chevrolet-c10

:bann:

LockDoc 12-17-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandemonium (Post 6422053)
With mufflers? That is a good price.

I am about to take my Jimmy in for 2 1/2" duals from the rams horns all the way to the rear corners with magnaflow mufflers and was quoted $400.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will be done.

Yes, with mufflers. The mufflers were just the stock type. I told him I wanted it quiet... I must be getting old..:lol:

LockDoc

70cst 12-17-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 6422040)
-

LockDoc

I went similar as I went with the stock "Ram Horns" ... I used SpinTech mufflers with dual exhausts.

Jahloha 12-17-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotRod C/10 (Post 6422055)
I was just quoted $300-350 for 2 1/2" pipe from collectors to the rear bumper. I have the mufflers already.

I would say this is close to Utah norms currently, manifolds to bumper.

frank69 12-17-2013 01:56 AM

I just bought a 71 k-10 in vegas last week and have the same problem if u find a good deal up there let me know thanks frank

JonCheun 12-18-2013 10:20 PM

The exhaust system on my c10 was originally done by Performance Muffler in Vegas. They did a horrible job so when I did my flamethrower exhaust I went to The Muffler Shop in Henderson who I have aways used. They were cheaper and better workmanship than performance muffler. I will be working in St George Utah which is 1 1/2hr from Vegas next month. I know someone who owns St George Muffler and I was thinking of having him do the entire system.

JonCheun 12-18-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank69 (Post 6422231)
I just bought a 71 k-10 in vegas last week and have the same problem if u find a good deal up there let me know thanks frank

The exhaust system on my c10 was originally done by Performance Muffler in Vegas. They did a horrible job so when I did my flamethrower exhaust I went to The Muffler Shop in Henderson who I have aways used. They were cheaper and better workmanship than performance muffler. I will be working in St George Utah which is 1 1/2hr from Vegas next month. I know someone who owns St George Muffler and I was thinking of having him do the entire system.

Fatherflash 12-19-2013 12:00 AM

I have also been looking and found this:

http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/SGT79S/10002/-1#

SlowYourRoll 12-19-2013 03:06 AM

I had race headers going into glass packs (that were probably ten years old and broken) when I first took delivery of my C10 from some guy in the country in Tennessee. LOL.

That thing had guys on Harleys jumping in their seats when I stepped on the pedal! It was too ridiculous. My g/f refused to ride in it b/c it was so loud (and embarrassing ourside of the truck, and too loud to even yell to each other inside since there were no pipes after the glass packs that ended under the cab).

I found the shop that did my dual flowmaster setup on my 71 C10 back in 2003ish. At the time, I paid them $400 cash out the door, they bent and welded pipes exactly how I wanted, nice and high over my rearend in case I wanted to lower it, nice and wide, with two flowmaster 40s, whatever cross connect I wanted at the time (can't remember), and angled chrome tips. This time around (2013), the same shop said $700) including mounting the new factory headers I bought. Pssssh! No way, too much! I called about 9 other shops in town, was all over yelp, and the best deal I found within ten miles of my house was $630ish. I went and talked to the guy and tried to talk him down but all I ended up doing was pissing him off. Then to make up for the deal he gave me, he said I didn't give him the AIR covers for the manifold and I was missing bolts and it would cost me another $150 for these! I went in and had a talk with him and dropped off some bolts and plugs that fit the manifold (that were $3 a peice at o'reilly). It was a nightmare, but I needed it done that week, and very close to my house. Altogether I got out of there for about $650 for headers installed (that I supplied), all the pipes, and two flowmaster 40s. ouch.

JointTech 12-19-2013 05:57 AM

I paid 600ish for dual exhaust and mufflers. I supplied the headers. They supplied the header bolts though. ALso he had to fab some spacer for one of the brackets. Really crappy welding job on the pipes. And he gave the truck back to me and talked !@#$ about the motor. It barely made it home popping and spitting. Of course they swapped a couple plug wires. So I called him back and told him and he was sheepish to say the least.