The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   WIW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Choke Delete Parts ?? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=757359)

Ironhorse 02-17-2018 10:51 PM

Choke Delete Parts ??

3 Attachment(s)
Not sure where or when I got these, have had them for quite sometime tho. Just the two pieces in the pic is all I have.

The threaded round disc has a hole on the back side, looks to be 7/16'' diameter with fine threads. Two 1/8'' square holes on the front directly across from each other. It is metal, non-magnetic, stainless maybe?

The thinner metal tab, also not-magnetic, aluminum perhaps? Has a joggled upper tab and a lower rounded bottom. Hole in center is approx. 1/2'' in dia.

Tried a search and came up with both parts being for a certain style of choke delete but could not pin it down to specific. Would really like others to chime in on what it is for sure and value?

LockDoc 02-18-2018 10:29 PM

Re: Choke Delete Parts ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironhorse (Post 8190857)
Not sure where or when I got these, have had them for quite sometime tho. Just the two pieces in the pic is all I have.

The threaded round disc has a hole on the back side, looks to be 7/16'' diameter with fine threads. Two 1/8'' square holes on the front directly across from each other. It is metal, non-magnetic, stainless maybe?

The thinner metal tab, also not-magnetic, aluminum perhaps? Has a joggled upper tab and a lower rounded bottom. Hole in center is approx. 1/2'' in dia.

Tried a search and came up with both parts being for a certain style of choke delete but could not pin it down to specific. Would really like others to chime in on what it is for sure and value?

I started to answer this earlier this afternoon but got distracted and forgot about it....:(

That style of choke delete is for the bezels with the choke label in the top right corner of the bezel. I think all of the '67's had a manual choke so it would only be for the '68's with 327 or 396 V-8. My '68 has one like that and it has a 327/TH400 in it. I think they are pretty hard to find. Member Jeff's bowties sold one for $40. So I would say $40-$50.

LockDoc

Ironhorse 02-18-2018 11:51 PM

Re: Choke Delete Parts ??

Leon, that is a big, big help to identify what I have. Just wish I could recall when and where I acquired it. Been playing with cars and trucks since got out of the service many years ago. SO glad I was steered toward this website, nearly 17 years ago. Wow, time does fly. :lol:

If you would be so inclined to at some point post a pic of your dash, would really like to see this set up in a real world setting.

Thanks again for the reply Leon and thanks again to this board.
You both ROCK!!