The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Air Distribution (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=513603)

62 Bowtie 03-10-2012 10:34 PM

Air Distribution

2 Attachment(s)
Question for you bag guru's How do you know your air is distributing evenly?I dont have guages, I know I know, but my problem is not ride height its more a uneven level. I have 2 Viair compressors accuair vu4 manifold with avs 7 button sw when i hit the center rear sw the left goes higher than the right the front is ok ss7's up front could it be the bags? i got the rears on CL RE8's maybe too big? Also 3/8 line cut to same length at rear and in front with manifold centrally located, thanks dudes :metal:

Sick5 03-10-2012 11:17 PM

Re: Air Distribution

wow didnt know you had the vu4 manifold

N2TRUX 03-11-2012 01:59 AM

Sorry bro, but you need gauges to know whats going on. Its not uncommon for a bag to require more pressure than the other to set at the same height. It could be the bag, or the suspension, but you won't be able to track it without your gauges

andrewmp6 03-11-2012 07:44 AM

Is it like that no matter where you park it?It might even be the ground isn't level.

62 Bowtie 03-12-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewmp6 (Post 5244516)
Is it like that no matter where you park it?It might even be the ground isn't level.

well that does bring up another point when I air out sometimes its crooked too with no air youd expect it to be level the rear bags are used im gonna start there and put new bags

Sick5 03-12-2012 02:18 PM

are the brackets for the bags the same highet and by how much of a diffrents is it

62 Bowtie 03-12-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick5 (Post 5247221)
are the brackets for the bags the same highet and by how much of a diffrents is it

Yes the brackets are the same and it varies sometimes its fine and sometimes its about 3 in difference :ito:

tubbedII 03-13-2012 04:26 PM

Is it always the same side that's lower? I'd pull apart the lines on that side and make sure there's nothing potentially clogging it/slowing it down. I don't think the bags themselves would be causing this and it would have to be a pretty bad binding issue if the same pressure is going into the bag. They'll probably never be perfect, but 3" difference is pretty excessive.

Have you driven the truck? I'm curious on how the ride is considering the bags are mounted so close to the pivot and your shock locations. I'd like to do something like this on my blazer to get a few more inches of drop and still keep the bench.

62 Bowtie 03-13-2012 09:36 PM

Have you driven the truck? I'm curious on how the ride is considering the bags are mounted so close to the pivot and your shock locations.

Yes i drive it all the time and it rides great :metal:

Square_78 04-07-2013 07:49 PM

Did you figure this out?

I have a similar issue on my front bags. Passenger side lifts faster than the driver side. Everything is new. No binding or rubbing that i can see. I have a manifold system.

wraprail 04-08-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N2TRUX (Post 5244351)
Sorry bro, but you need gauges to know whats going on. Its not uncommon for a bag to require more pressure than the other to set at the same height. It could be the bag, or the suspension, but you won't be able to track it without your gauges

Since this was dragged up from the dead, I have a question. I agree about the guages, just courious how the accuair guys manage?
Does it matter if your air lines (3/8) are the same length or not?
Posted via Mobile Device

62 Bowtie 04-08-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wraprail (Post 5997702)
Since this was dragged up from the dead, I have a question. I agree about the guages, just courious how the accuair guys manage?
Does it matter if your air lines (3/8) are the same length or not?
Posted via Mobile Device

Well i still dont have guages yet! but plan too i just get out of my truck and set cruise height for now accuair is cool no probs i cut to equal length just cuz i thought i should not sure if it matters

Square_78 05-01-2013 08:59 PM

I talked to Accuair tech before and they said the lenth of air line makes little to no difference side to side.

CRGRS 66 05-14-2013 09:44 PM

Maybe you have a mechanical binding issue, the bags do look to be unusually near the front of the truck, perhaps there is some issue with cantilever, maybe the bags are the fulcrum in a teeter totter. I am no expert, but thought i would offer some food for thought. Cheers, good luck.