The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Daily Check In (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=776073)

regan wilson 11-26-2018 10:54 AM

Daily Check In

It seems like our section is lacking participation. Where is everyone? I dont do Facebook just 4 select forums. Lets get something going.

tinydb84 11-26-2018 02:38 PM

Re: Daily Check In

I think most people are doing social media now. Ive noticed a lot less activity in many of the forms since FB and Instagram have gained popularity.

71Dragtruck 11-26-2018 03:35 PM

I don't do fakebook or any other social cult type thing either, forums is as far as I dip into internet group communication.

I still check on here, lot's of times from my phone so lurk meaning to post a comment later but never get around to it (my bad), but I have been following your truck updates Regan and jealous as always.

I do have some huge changes being made to my truck too, and plan on posting about it, but no pics right now and photobucket can blow me so I'll be doing youtube video instead once I'm rolling.

hotrod 80 11-27-2018 06:44 AM

I just cant get into it after years of work and documentation were held hostage . I still have alot of what I think is cool stuff , just haven't found a host that isn't a hassle to use.

regan wilson 11-27-2018 08:17 AM

I just waited photobucket out. I wasnt going to spend the time moving pictures. I dont mind paying them a little money. But $399.00 hell no.

regan wilson 11-27-2018 08:19 AM

Like you said Hotrod. Work and documentation!!
It's a lot of work just getting the pics to work .lol

BossHogg69 11-27-2018 08:26 PM

I only visit a few forums (this one, Team Chevelle, Team Impala) and don't do FB or IG either. I check in here nearly every day but don't post much anymore. I always stop in here to see what you guys are doing, but I don't have a hardcore drag truck myself.

68racer 11-28-2018 10:20 AM

I always look in. This winter I am in for a rebuild. I crashed it on a road course track day in October. I have straightened the front of the chassis rails and ordered new fibreglass. Time to finish the stalled project of the aluminium radiator support. Plastic lens headlights to save a few pounds. A gear vendors o/d just showed up and I have a Wilwood rear disc set to go on the 9 inch. That should keep me busy.

BR3W CITY 11-28-2018 10:51 AM

After I installed the user-end fix for photobucket it made things a bit easier again. I won't use facebook since I don't think its a company or governments biz who and when I'm racing.

I still check this section every day. I also think that since the value on these trucks has gone up soooo much, folks are afraid to actually DO something with them. Not much risk in a bolt-on bag setup when compared to stripping/caging/building a drag truck.

hotrod 80 11-28-2018 10:19 PM

I was a once a weeker and have all the photos of a rebuid I just did , plus an almost clean sweep at the October truck madness race . Notto mention the Fairmnt wagon I bought from a street outlaw that im putting together . Also a killer LS swap on a 77 Luv truck. the photobucket thing shut me down.

regan wilson 11-29-2018 10:52 AM

Hotrod give in and pay PB. Its only once a year and it self renews. I never cancelled on them I just waited them out. I knew it wouldn't take too long for them to see the writing on the wall.

nickp51chevy 12-12-2018 09:29 AM

Hey guys. This is my first time in this section. I recently acquired a 454, and I'm planning on building a fast truck. I've kinda started a build or intro thread in the 67-72 section. Right now I'm in the process of research and parts acquisition.

regan wilson 12-12-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickp51chevy (Post 8403995)
Hey guys. This is my first time in this section. I recently acquired a 454, and I'm planning on building a fast truck. I've kinda started a build or intro thread in the 67-72 section. Right now I'm in the process of research and parts acquisition.

If it's going to be fast start a thread in here. We want to see it.

aggie91 12-12-2018 04:03 PM

I check in from time to time in the this section, spend more time in the 60-66 and the 73-87 sections...

As for photobucket, I waited it out too, but I don't spend any money. I still have the free hosting stuff. I checked my old original thread for my '65, the photo's do show up with a watermark on them, but that is fine since its free for me.

I checked a few other threads that the photobucket thing nearly wiped out, seems that they have the photos back with the watermark too.

regan wilson 12-13-2018 11:03 AM

Dont just hide over there Karl. My favorites are this forum , Alternate Tinkerings , Heavy Haulers, 60-66 and 67-72 build threads

nickp51chevy 12-13-2018 02:01 PM

I haven't hung around on the forum as much as I've wanted to in the past I don't know how many years. I keep trying to get back here.

Regan, I'll start another thread here too.

RICKSRAT 12-15-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 8392690)
It seems like our section is lacking participation. Where is everyone? I dont do Facebook just 4 select forums. Lets get something going.

Hey good ideal. I still check in here to see everyone's progress on their trucks. Need to post more just been busy. Have New motor and trans for mine and ready to go in truck. Now just the time to get back in garage and get it done.

71Dragtruck 12-15-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICKSRAT (Post 8405829)
Hey good ideal. I still check in here to see everyone's progress on their trucks. Need to post more just been busy. Have New motor and trans for mine and ready to go in truck. Now just the time to get back in garage and get it done.

You should start a thread on your upgrades, once mine gets a bit further I'm got to start a new thread, just want a little bit to talk about in it, getting close, still refuse to give photobucket a single cent just because of the way they handled that whole thing.

regan wilson 12-16-2018 11:05 AM

Just keep adding to your old thread. That way everyone can see the evolution of your truck.

71Dragtruck 12-16-2018 11:17 AM

Yeah that's the mistake I made from the start, I have a few threads now from changes I made, I wish I would have done like you and Kevin and kept it all on thread. Although in my defence some threads were from before the drag section was here and then once I started new ones in here the old ones were moved over.

Maybe what I'll do is go off the most recent one where I swapped my front end and link some of the old threads in there for a bit of back history for those that are really bored.

RICKSRAT 12-16-2018 11:24 AM

DragTruck I followed your frontend swap. What are details on your new motor?

71Dragtruck 12-16-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICKSRAT (Post 8406416)
DragTruck I followed your frontend swap. What are details on your new motor?

Building a 15:1 all aluminum 615BBC with 20* heads, single dominator, should be in that up to 1200hp 900trq range, builder has done quite a few of the SR-20 builds, has been making some real good power with the CNC profile he's been using. I'm building it to run N/A but will still have my nitrous on it, up to a 200 shot on a progressive controller.

RICKSRAT 12-16-2018 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds like a nice motor. What 20deg heads are you using. Here’s my motor I had built earlier this year.

71Dragtruck 12-16-2018 01:23 PM

That's a nice looking mill!

They will be Brodix SR20 castings, can't remember where he gets them from but has a CNC program he has done to them with the specs he wants. I have a shop up here building it, he's very reputable and his dyno is stingy just the way I like it.

My old motor was built at a similar shop and I use to love how my 640hp N/A would beat up on those 750hp dreamometer engines at the track.

regan wilson 12-16-2018 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck (Post 8406496)
That's a nice looking mill!

They will be Brodix SR20 castings, can't remember where he gets them from but has a CNC program he has done to them with the specs he wants. I have a shop up here building it, he's very reputable and his dyno is stingy just the way I like it.

My old motor was built at a similar shop and I use to love how my 640hp N/A would beat up on those 750hp dreamometer engines at the track.

I agree 71. Rick what carb cover is that?