The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Swaps (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=206)
-   -   Swapping a Tacoma (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=787698)

bh86 05-29-2019 03:39 AM

Swapping a Tacoma

3 Attachment(s)
I know it’s not a Chevy but thought maybe some of you would enjoy this one and may have knowledge that could help me out. I’m trying to prepare for some of the inevitable questions that will come up and one of those is cruise control. I was hoping to somehow adapt the stock Toyota switch to work with the LS Comp. If anyone can determine that from the pic I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance

Rickysnickers 05-29-2019 10:10 AM

Re: Swapping a Tacoma

Go to XR Underground or Tacomaworld. I have a Toyota X Runner and there were a couple of guys that swapped in LS engines into their XRs on the XR Underground website. I'm sure there have been a few on Tacomaworld as well.

bh86 05-29-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8533521)
Go to XR Underground or Tacomaworld. I have a Toyota X Runner and there were a couple of guys that swapped in LS engines into their XRs on the XR Underground website. I'm sure there have been a few on Tacomaworld as well.

Awesome, will do. Thanks for the recommendation

Overdriven 05-30-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8533521)

XR Underground I remember a build thread with a blue LS swapped X-runner where the owner posted details about wiring up elements of the Tacoma to work with the LS including cruise control. Try using the search feature there.

bh86 05-30-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdriven (Post 8534311)
XR Underground I remember a build thread with a blue LS swapped X-runner where the owner posted details about wiring up elements of the Tacoma to work with the LS including cruise control. Try using the search feature there.

Awesome. I'm going to register on there tonight. I've seen a video of that truck and if I remember I noticed he had the factory tach functioning as well which was nice. The must detailed swap I've seen pics of was one tilden did. It was clean but they used all after market gauges which isn't my style.

Nodnarb76 05-31-2019 04:07 PM

Even though its not a Chevy, I would like to follow this build.

Overdriven 06-01-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bh86 (Post 8534331)
Awesome. I'm going to register on there tonight. I've seen a video of that truck and if I remember I noticed he had the factory tach functioning as well which was nice. The must detailed swap I've seen pics of was one tilden did. It was clean but they used all after market gauges which isn't my style.

The user I’m referring to did have videos on YouTube. One of the first LS swaps that I’d seen in a Tacoma/Xrunner. If I’m not mistaken it was a LS2 that may have eventually went turbo.

MalibuSSwagon 06-02-2019 09:14 PM

Look up Tom's Turbo Garage on Youtube. He is working on swapping his Tacoma right now. You'll have to be patient as he's methodical in his work. But the way he goes about things I'm sure he'll be covering all the little details

skyphix 06-04-2019 02:38 PM

Former Toyota offroad guy here. Love this project! Keep us updated please.