The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=739516)

SierraMtns 06-06-2017 11:21 AM

PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

I am back working on the truck...

Could PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit be used with springs?

My plan is to buy a used front cross member and then run PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit since those A-arms are redesigned and run 1" forward.

I would still need springs, drop spindles, rack-n-pinion, brakes and rotor (5 lug).

You guys think this is possible to do all this for $2,500?

Thanks

Also is PBfab now c10shop?

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...pspodm6evl.jpg

bbbc10 06-06-2017 10:21 PM

Re: PB Stage 2 Deluxe Front Kit

Have you lookef at their website? Contact them? Think they sell an adapter to run springs but it would be best to msg them....an never heard of c10shop doubt they would change names

Willie Makeit 06-07-2017 09:34 AM

porterbuilt fabrication is still known as http://pbfab.com

68is4me 06-09-2017 05:07 PM

You can buy adapters form PB for the coil spring. If you are running a stock crossmember you do not need to add a rack and pinion steer. Stock will do just fine. $2,500 is going to be tuff I think just the PB stuff will cost $1,800. I hope you are in no hurry or hopefully have the stuff ordered from PB. Took me 2 months to get control arms for mine just this spring.

68is4me 06-09-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbc10 (Post 7961114)
Have you lookef at their website? Contact them? Think they sell an adapter to run springs but it would be best to msg them....an never heard of c10shop doubt they would change names

I get emails from them and the emails come as c10shop. The emails are usually info about what is new in the shop.

Ram-Man 06-19-2017 10:52 PM

http://c10shop.com same physical address as porterbuilt. Looks like they are running two websites. Either way the quality of the porterbuilt products are hard to beat. They are worth the wait..

bbbc10 06-19-2017 10:54 PM

Have seen ppl have problems with them lately though

andrewmp6 06-20-2017 12:00 AM

Unless you want air bags later on http://www.nolimitengineering.com/pr...tegory=6157532 Or http://www.scottshotrods.com/1963-87...k-bolt-in-ifs/

68Stepbed 06-20-2017 08:10 AM

Another option. https://totalcostinvolved.com/produc...o-touring-ifs/

Willie Makeit 06-20-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbc10 (Post 7971586)
Have seen ppl have problems with them lately though

Yes they have. Loooooooooong lead times. Parts made wrong. Will not answer phone or reply to customer's emails or phone calls when leaving a message.

Nothing like the reviews I had read in the past.

SierraMtns 06-21-2017 12:42 AM

Update:

I ordered this kit with springs. I had fast response times on emails, under 24 hours. Brandon help me out with all my questions. I order the kit with 1"narrowed and 1" forward arms.

Now the fun part....waiting. Current build time is 6 weeks.

Willie Makeit 06-21-2017 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraMtns (Post 7972577)

I was told 3-4 weeks delivery when i placed the order. Finally got them somewhere around 8 weeks.

FYI - Be sure to check the grease fitting holes very very closely. Uppers were good but my lowers were drilled oversize and had flat threads - zerks would not tighten. I had to drill next larger size, re-tap and purchase new zerks.

drfloyd 06-21-2017 11:20 AM

I bought No Limit's Wide Ride. Along with the rear 4 link. Almost no lead time on their stuff. Quality is as good as any.

SierraMtns 06-21-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfloyd (Post 7972813)
I bought No Limit's Wide Ride. Along with the rear 4 link. Almost no lead time on their stuff. Quality is as good as any.

Yeah I have NL trailing arm kit. But couldn't do their front. Price just kept going up so I went with PB so I can put more money on the motor/trans.

SierraMtns 06-21-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drfloyd (Post 7972813)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Makeit (Post 7972737)
I was told 3-4 weeks delivery when i placed the order. Finally got them somewhere around 8 weeks.

FYI - Be sure to check the grease fitting holes very very closely. Uppers were good but my lowers were drilled oversize and had flat threads - zerks would not tighten. I had to drill next larger size, re-tap and purchase new zerks.

How long ago was this? Did you try and return the parts to them?

Thank you for sharing this with us. Good to know what to watch out for.

I don't want this thread to turn into a PB bashing thread but it would be nice to know how they handled it?

Willie Makeit 06-22-2017 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraMtns (Post 7973095)
How long ago was this? Did you try and return the parts to them?

Thank you for sharing this with us. Good to know what to watch out for.

I don't want this thread to turn into a PB bashing thread but it would be nice to know how they handled it?

This was within the past 2-3 weeks. I didn't get return calls for the previous messages left and I didn't have another 8 weeks to wait on another set of lower arms so I repaired them myself.

I don't see it as bashing, only sharing my experience.

SierraMtns 06-22-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Makeit (Post 7973522)
This was within the past 2-3 weeks. I didn't get return calls for the previous messages left and I didn't have another 8 weeks to wait on another set of lower arms so I repaired them myself.

I don't see it as bashing, only sharing my experience.

Yeah I dont feel its bashing either.

So did they make it right for you? Give you a discount on your next order? Money back? Would you order from them again?

Do you have any pictures of the front end put together?

Thanks

Willie Makeit 06-22-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraMtns (Post 7973601)
Yeah I dont feel its bashing either.

So did they make it right for you? Give you a discount on your next order? Money back? Would you order from them again?

Do you have any pictures of the front end put together?

Thanks

They didn't "make it right" because I didn't ask them to. Since I had gotten no return calls on my previous questions I didn't bother contacting them on this issue. I just moved on & completed the repairs myself. I counted on the positive past reviews I had read that said the parts would be "made right" to begin with. Hopefully this is a rare occurrence and hopefully I just happen to be the rare guy it happened to. ;)

I have not asked for a discount on any future orders. I have not asked for any money back. At this point I don't really have any need to order from them again.

68is4me 06-22-2017 05:29 PM

Oh, forgot about the grease zirk holes being the wrong size, I had the same issues. Sounds like Willie had about the exact same experience that I had with them. I do like the PB stuff, and would I order again.

PBFAB.COM 06-22-2017 07:15 PM

Hey Willie,

Next time reach out to us. We would've been happy to fix the issue with your control arms. This is the first time we've heard of any issue with the zerk holes being too big or oversized. It would be extremely rare for it to happen on just one set since they are produced in batches. We also would have made your replacement arms, if necessary, in a day or two. On another note, we keep every single email and voicemail. I can promise you that we have never not returned a call or email intentionally. So please accept my apology if that occurred.

It's no secret our build times are longer than most. You guys all know the story. We build everything in house. We pride ourselves on the quality of our parts. It's what we're known for. Do we make mistakes, of course. With the volume we do, it'd be impossible not to mess up once in a while. But we ALWAYS stand behind our product and our work. We will fix any issue.

If you guys have any questions, pleas shoot me an email. I'll be happy to talk. brandon@pbfab.com

Oh, and C10 Shop is across the street. They sell PB stuff along with some other components. Not owned by PB.

Brandon

PBFAB.COM 06-22-2017 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68is4me (Post 7973909)
Oh, forgot about the grease zirk holes being the wrong size, I had the same issues. Sounds like Willie had about the exact same experience that I had with them. I do like the PB stuff, and would I order again.

You had zirk fitting issues too? When did you order your arms? Was it recent? Please let me know. Like I said in my post above, we order those in bulk, so if there is an issue, we'll need to address it before we've got 100 sets of arms with a problem.

Brandon

Willie Makeit 06-22-2017 08:35 PM

Brandon

I called and spoke to you directly. I asked for torque specs for the cross shaft nuts. You stated to me that Nathan was busy welding and you needed to speak to him and would call me back in 5 minutes with that information. I never rec'd that call. I eventually found a thread on this board where Nathan said that the nut should bottom out the crush sleeve bushing then go an additional 1/4 turn. That's what I did.

As far as the zerks, it wasn't the zerk fitting being undersize, the hole itself was oversize. As a machinist for over 25 years, it was fairly easy for me to spot the issue. Guys not familiar with metal working and proper tap drills may not realize the issue.

Not meant as a bash by any means. Some of the nicest components I've ever purchased and just wanted to point out my experience. A set of instructions on the control arm kit would go a long way to help explain some of the small things that pop up. Hope my input helps you guys improve your processes and products.

PBFAB.COM 06-22-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Makeit (Post 7974078)
Brandon

I called and spoke to you directly. I asked for torque specs for the cross shaft nuts. You stated to me that Nathan was busy welding and you needed to speak to him and would call me back in 5 minutes with that information. I never rec'd that call. I eventually found a thread on this board where Nathan said that the nut should bottom out the crush sleeve bushing then go an additional 1/4 turn. That's what I did.

As far as the zerks, it wasn't the zerk fitting being undersize, the hole itself was oversize. As a machinist for over 25 years, it was fairly easy for me to spot the issue. Guys not familiar with metal working and proper tap drills may not realize the issue.

Not meant as a bash by any means. Some of the nicest components I've ever purchased and just wanted to point out my experience. A set of instructions on the control arm kit would go a long way to help explain some of the small things that pop up. Hope my input helps you guys improve your processes and products.

Willie,

I apologize Nate never called you back with the torque specs. We're typically very efficient at returning calls.

As for the zerk fittings, if it was an issue why didn't you mention it on the phone? I'd have been happy to resolve the issue. Even more important is being made aware of it. That part comes directly from our machine shop, so I'll reach out to them tomorrow to be sure they are aware. We certainly don't want a batch of lower arms going out with a zerk fitting issue.

Please let us/me know next time you have a problem. If we aren't informed, we don't have an opportunity to fix it. I try hard to provide excellent customer service. Sometimes I fail, and I apologize that happened in this case.

Brandon

PBFAB.COM 06-22-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraMtns (Post 7972577)
Update:

I ordered this kit with springs. I had fast response times on emails, under 24 hours. Brandon help me out with all my questions. I order the kit with 1"narrowed and 1" forward arms.

Did you get your kit yet? If you email me your order #, I'll give you an update on build time.

Brandon

Willie Makeit 06-23-2017 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBFAB.COM (Post 7974183)
Willie,

I apologize Nate never called you back with the torque specs. We're typically very efficient at returning calls.

As for the zerk fittings, if it was an issue why didn't you mention it on the phone? I'd have been happy to resolve the issue. Even more important is being made aware of it. That part comes directly from our machine shop, so I'll reach out to them tomorrow to be sure they are aware. We certainly don't want a batch of lower arms going out with a zerk fitting issue.

Please let us/me know next time you have a problem. If we aren't informed, we don't have an opportunity to fix it. I try hard to provide excellent customer service. Sometimes I fail, and I apologize that happened in this case.

Brandon

That's because I had not yet discovered that issue. After the multiple delays in shipping combined with not getting response to my questions, I didn't have a lot of confidence that i would get a reply to the Zerk issue.

no offense, but i honestly didn't have time to wait on you guys to "make it right." I had already waited approx 8 weeks on my arms after being told that it would be 3-4 weeks when i originally placed the order.

If i may, let me be blunt for a moment - i get it you guys have long lead-times, that was understood when I originally considered your products - but when one places an order & their confidence in a vendor based on the delivery information that was supplied by said vendor (aka: his word) at the time of order to discover afterwards that this information is false/not accurate, then it doesn't exactly leave one with a "warm and fuzzy" if you know what i mean.