The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Pinks All Out (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=285860)

regan wilson 04-01-2008 06:02 PM

Pinks All Out

Well we went to Pinks All Out this past weekend in Gilliam La. It was fun even though it rained alot . I got interviewed so yall might get to see me and my truck on the show . I probably sounded retarded but oh well . The truck didnt run too good only went 9.08 at 147 so i was a little dissapointed . I was going to put my old converter in it before we went but didnt have time .

Super73 04-01-2008 06:20 PM

Re: Pinks All Out

Congrats.. But, ummm, yeah 9.08 @ 147mph, your truck is horibly slow. I wish mine ran that bad...

HuggerCST 04-01-2008 06:26 PM

Very Nice truck! I wish that I could have been there, but had other plans. So I guess you didn't make the finals?

regan wilson 04-01-2008 06:29 PM

They picked a 9.80 class ....at least it wasnt 10.50's

Truckracer 04-01-2008 07:10 PM

Lot's of people there ?

bigjimzlll 04-01-2008 10:14 PM

I'm going in Sept in Sonoma...

aggie91 04-01-2008 11:14 PM

Regan - I remember your truck from way back when. I think it was still a street truck, probably something like 20+ years ago. Is it still all steel?

How many others from Tyler went to Pinks? I was going to go, but my oldest boy had a baseball tournament. I have been gone from Tyler since '96, but I am now back in Longview. Do you know if David Hale still has his orange/white truck? What about Stuart Hilburns '64?

Anyway, your truck still looks cool and definatly quick...

Karl

regan wilson 04-02-2008 01:23 AM

Aggie-Yes its still all steel ,all motor, same old truck just alot of improvements. David builds my transmissions he still has his truck its been sitting for ten years probably . I dont know what Stu and his brothers have done with that old white truck .

regan wilson 04-02-2008 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckracer (Post 2655773)
Lot's of people there ?

There were so many spectators I will just have to watch it on TV ! I was parked at the finish line and had people 6 deep on the fence in front of me .

Primed67 04-02-2008 03:25 AM

I used to work with Stu and last i heard he still has it. I tried to buy it several times but evidently it is very sentimental. He did sell his car though several years back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 2656032)
Regan - I remember your truck from way back when. I think it was still a street truck, probably something like 20+ years ago. Is it still all steel?

How many others from Tyler went to Pinks? I was going to go, but my oldest boy had a baseball tournament. I have been gone from Tyler since '96, but I am now back in Longview. Do you know if David Hale still has his orange/white truck? What about Stuart Hilburns '64?

Anyway, your truck still looks cool and definatly quick...

Karl

ElkyRacer 04-02-2008 03:35 AM

Regan, truck looked good, parked and haulin butt down the track. Suprised a lot of people to see an all steel full size truck hauling that much butt down the track. Was a good day despite the rain and the freaking standing room only crowd!!

Primed67 04-02-2008 03:35 AM

Regan man you have a sweet truck! I have never met you but i have seen you at the track and back in the day at the whataburger cruise nights. You need to do a write up for the site with lots of pics because man your truck is just bad and for it to all steel and to be that damn fast. I know everyone could learn a lot from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by regan wilson (Post 2656264)
Aggie-Yes its still all steel ,all motor, same old truck just alot of improvements. David builds my transmissions he still has his truck its been sitting for ten years probably . I dont know what Stu and his brothers have done with that old white truck .

scatesracing 04-02-2008 05:14 AM

"only 9.08"....... i love it that is bad ass.... I would like to see the write up too

regan wilson 04-02-2008 06:41 PM

Thanks guys , Primed I may do one after I get a new computer . Mine is a pos .....And about the learning thing I could probably tell ya'll a thousand things not to do to a truck . I talked to so many people this weekend it was crazy . I told one guy that was building a truck that( it was kinda like pissin' up a rope but it sure is fun !)

aggie91 04-02-2008 09:53 PM

Thanks Regan, I would like to see you do a write up on the truck also. I remember when it was only running something like 12's or 11's...it shocked me when I saw it on here a few months ago and it has gone in the 8.90's.

It still looks awsome.

I heard the same about the crowd from some that went from over here. The racing was not over until about 3am I heard...

Anyway, Tell David that Karl K. said hello next time you see him and tell him he needs to do something with that truck...

hotrod 80 04-03-2008 06:46 AM

I paid the non -refundable $40 only to be told I was a wild card . That means if all 400 cars don't show and the 50 alternates don't make it , after 36 other wild cards get in then I would be eligable . They said I could not bring my truck to the track until saturday after 12 noon and would only get to make a pass if the 50 alternates &36 wild cards before me did not show . So i'm suppost to drive up to Shreveport , leave my truck and trailer at the hotel , and wait for people NOT to show , and gamble on getting to run @ $4.00 a gallon for diesel + hotel ? I went to the one here in Houston last year and made passes and it was a blast , but this one seemed like it was all about money .

70rs/ss 04-03-2008 07:37 AM

As the show grows in popularity, it soon will be nothing but being in search of the mighty$$$. But that is why we build fast ish, cause we want to win, and winning feels better when it puts bills in your pocket. When I was in HS we had a place we called the illegals (kinda sneaky, right!?) Anyways, we'd hang out and cruise Speedway, then talk smack and then drive out to Houghton rd and run em till 2-3-4Am or until Johhny Law showed up. All through the late 80's and early 90's. Now Tucson finally got their own strip so I doubt the illegals get too much action. Wow, I typed a lot sorry didn't mean to hog the post. INSANE 9 SECOND ALL STEEL TRUCK!! I'll look for it on the show.

hotrod 80 04-03-2008 03:12 PM

We had a place like that here in Houston .
http://thumbs.vidiac.com/comment/4b5...7100dbf1cb.jpg

70rs/ss 04-03-2008 09:13 PM

I can't even imagine how much money passed hands by the light of a streetlight or headlights out there. We had several heavy hitters, there was guy called Wheelchair Bob, who drive a very nasty SBC, then BBC powered early Camaro, and my buddy who drove a 68 Vette w/500ish inch BBC (you know a good racer never tells too much info!) on street tires through mufflers, that was very fast. Those were the days, I even played around with my 67 short stepper and nasty 256 L6/3-speed on the floor!! I had a 4:11 posi so I was good for about the first 10-20 feet then she fell off a little after that!! I honestly do not know what I'd do with a 9 second truck, oh wait I'd smack/spank everything that dare toy with me, on the track of course!