The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   55.2-59 Found a very cool, well made frame mount brake bracket (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=782736)

daveshilling 03-05-2019 09:40 PM

Found a very cool, well made frame mount brake bracket

Gents,

Tomsclassic on ebay has apparently found a box of old hardware they haven't produced in years, and they're up on ebay.

These are 55-59 frame mount brake booster brackets that use the stock pedal location. They are very heavy duty! I picked one up for my hydroboost brake setup I'm working on. Only caveat is they come with no instructions and Auto City has no advice on installation.

It closely resembles a bracket I've seen DIY on the forum here.

There is a bracket that lines up with the stock pedal and appears to extend/lower the mounting point for the rod... not sure why it was included, but someone must've felt it was necessary. I think it would certainly allow you to chop the height of the pedal, which makes this bracket even more valuable !

LINK TO THE BRACKET ON EBAY

MiraclePieCo 03-05-2019 10:25 PM

Re: Found a very cool, well made frame mount brake bracket

Well designed, pretty self explanatory even without directions. I like it!

daveshilling 03-06-2019 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the bracket. I can take measurements from mine if anyone needs them for a DIY.

Hughmullersa 03-11-2019 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveshilling (Post 8481196)
Here is a picture of the bracket. I can take measurements from mine if anyone needs them for a DIY.

Greeting From South Africa
I would appreciate the dimensions if you are offering , sometimes these part just cost way to much to import

jwhotrod 03-11-2019 01:28 PM

flatout-engineering.com sells that bracket setup as an accessory to their corvette suspension setups for our trucks. I have one that I bought from them with the master cylinder, etc.

daveshilling 03-13-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhotrod (Post 8484854)
flatout-engineering.com sells that bracket setup as an accessory to their corvette suspension setups for our trucks. I have one that I bought from them with the master cylinder, etc.

I haven't seen just the bracket for sale on their website..and I'm glad I didn't because the ebay one I found is on clearance!

daveshilling 03-13-2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughmullersa (Post 8484646)
Greeting From South Africa
I would appreciate the dimensions if you are offering , sometimes these part just cost way to much to import

Sure, I'll take some measurements and post them up.

I also know you can just use the old master cylinder to locate the pedal as well, in case thats easier. I tossed mine awhile ago so that wasn't an option.