The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   WIW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Value of 72 GMC BB (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=587401)

IndyRich 07-05-2013 02:18 AM

Value of 72 GMC BB

5 Attachment(s)
I have enjoyed the hobby, but lack of time has frozen this truck's status and it may be time to move it on. What's this package worth in its' current state.
1972 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 2wd lwb, original factory BB, factory air.
Cab and doghouse are gone thru and rust free. Truck runs and drive, but I didn't redo the chassis, motor/tranny, or bed because I also have a swb rolling chassis I was going to switch it over to. Here is what would be in the package:
1972 gmc Sierra BB 2wd(original numbers correct SPID, engine, chassis, Vin)
New seat cover installed
New dash installed
New fuel sending unit installed
New BB power steering pump+ new lines installed
New Carpet kit yet to be installed
New rear sliding window installed
New door seal gaskets yet to be installed
NOS GM window fuzzies yet to be installed
New upper full exterior trim kit yet to be installed
New
1yr old battery
3 year old radiator
SWB bedsides
SWB 5 lug/disc brake rolling chassis
Eastwoods chassis black primer and satin black paint for chassis

What would you value...1. Just the 1972 GMC truck (with installed stuff) or 2. 1972 GMC, rolling chassis, AND all the other goodies not yet installed?
Thanks for your input. Please don't ask me to part out stuff.....yet.

msgross 07-05-2013 02:32 AM

Re: Value of 72 GMC BB

nice truck, seems like you are almost there... Is the truck running and street legal?

projects are hard to sell. I recommend selling the truck and then all of the parts.

IndyRich 07-05-2013 02:37 AM

Thanks for the compliment....I love my truck, but kids, wife, job....etc.just no time anymore. Yes, the truck is running and street legal....licensed/insured, etc. Because the bed wasn't done with the cab and doghouse (due to my plan for the swb swap) you can tell its a project. It would cost me the money to either fix the rust and paint the long bed or do the swap to the swb and still have the cost of painting the swb bedsides.

IndyRich 07-06-2013 12:52 AM

OK.....No one wants to throw out a price......who would agree with $3600 for the truck, and an additional $650 for the rolling chassis and all the other goodies, so a package for all would be in the $4250 range. Does that sound reasonable?

Chrome8 07-06-2013 09:03 AM

I think you are in the ballpark, maybe a little steep on the truck if the long bed is rusty. It's hard to value because a guy could go different ways with this depending on what he wanted to build.

DaHos 07-06-2013 09:03 AM

Looks to be a smoking deal at that $$$$....

IndyRich 07-07-2013 02:10 AM

Thank you Chrome8 and DaHos for your input!!