The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Browntown moves east and gets a makeover (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=477836)

c10addict 08-03-2011 04:22 PM

Browntown moves east and gets a makeover

1 Attachment(s)
I have never spent too much time on this side of the board but its time to post up a new thread... A while back i traded my 64 dropmembered truck to my friend/boss/shop owner, Curt.. Curt rocked the 64 for a little and then sold it to another one of our friends who wanted it. Growing up Curt's Dad had a brown 79 C10 and his Grandfather had a brown and tan 79 C10 so he had a soft spot in his heart for them.. When fellow board member "Tuckin55"s truck popped up for sale he knew he had to have it.. After a few emails and phone calls we sent our friend Bub to Texas to pick up "Browntown" and bring it back to PA.. Here is a pic of the truck from "Tuckin55"

c10addict 08-03-2011 04:45 PM

Re: Browntown moves east and gets a makeover

5 Attachment(s)
Once we got the truck back to the shop we drove it around for a day and assessed what was there.. Later on that evening we all sat around the truck with a few adult beverages the ideas started to flow.. Knowing the truck will represent RPM Hot Rods it must feature what we specialize in and what we offer. Being a dealer for AccuAir, Billet Specialties, GearVendor and many others we had plenty of ideas of the direction we were headed.. We quickly made room for it in the shop and the story begins.. First order of business was if this was going to be a shop truck we needed to be able to haul stuff in the bed.. With the notch exposed and no wheel tubs that was a little difficult. Currently the bed floor is being raised and the rear wheel tubs are being made. We also hated the way the rear bumper fit so we pulled it in closer to the body and raised it up a little..

lolife99 08-03-2011 05:19 PM

Cool that you guys got this truck.
It's one of my favorites.
But you gotta put a 73-80 rear bumper on it!

Subscribing!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jonboy 08-03-2011 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4826134)
Cool that you guys got this truck.
It's one of my favorites.
But you gotta put a 73-80 rear bumper on it!

Subscribing!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm with Keith. The 73-80 rear bumper was my first thought also. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

SBTork 08-03-2011 06:10 PM

awesome news!! I am glad this truck went to somebody (or shop) that's on this board. I cannot wait to see more progress on this one.

VA72C10 08-03-2011 06:52 PM

Looking forward to this sweet truck getting even better!!!

Dieselwrencher 08-03-2011 06:59 PM

Very cool change of hands! I also can't wait to see the new improved version of it!

mooseknuckles 08-03-2011 07:19 PM

sweet! I've allways loved the look of this truck.

luifer76 08-03-2011 09:59 PM

yep this truck is bad ass!!!.....

54Caddy 08-04-2011 01:08 AM

dang never knew it was for sale.. You got a good one.. plan on runing same set up on my truck. how you like the way it drives steering feel good?? also get some detailed pics of bed floor always looking for ideas never have raised a floor.

PRORIDES 08-04-2011 09:06 AM

We'll keep the pictures coming. I'll change the bumper for you guys too. The truck as far is how it drives, This is the 4th truck that we have or have done Nathan's Porterbuilt parts on and they are all great. They go down the road incredible. This truck, I already tightened up a few things on the steering and suspension to make it a ton better than it was. But we'll keep the work up on it and pictures fly'n too.

veinbar 08-04-2011 09:50 AM

Beautiful truck. What is the name of the color? Or do you have a paint code? That's one of my favorite colors on squares.

PRORIDES 08-04-2011 10:18 AM

I don't have a paint code on it, but we are going to respray it shortly. The paint looked killer in pictures but not so in person. Its not far off of the factory brown those trucks had, but it has a bunch of metallic in it. I'll be going back to the stock color.

veinbar 08-04-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRORIDES (Post 4827426)
I don't have a paint code on it, but we are going to respray it shortly. The paint looked killer in pictures but not so in person. Its not far off of the factory brown those trucks had, but it has a bunch of metallic in it. I'll be going back to the stock color.

I can't wait to see the the new finished product. Killer truck, and I'll try to find the color name and code to post here. I think more guys will want to know.

c10addict 08-05-2011 07:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Been hammering away a little.. Wheels tubs made and the frame for the raised floor is coming together... We have some cool ideas rolling around that will be fun to watch come together.. Stay tuned!!!

mooseknuckles 08-05-2011 07:48 PM

tubs look sic!...awesome work man.

luifer76 08-05-2011 08:14 PM

i agree very nice looking tubs....

VA72C10 08-05-2011 08:22 PM

very nice!!!

Painter D 08-05-2011 08:25 PM

You guys aren't wasting any time changing it up. I'm subscribed.

higgiec10 08-06-2011 01:06 AM

looks nice hope to see more soon

snoopy 08-06-2011 12:42 PM

Looks very nice keep up the good work.

Nobaddaze 08-06-2011 06:10 PM

One of my favs for sure. Glad to see its only going to improve from here. Keep up the good work. subscribed!

Chlsnk 08-06-2011 07:54 PM

Subscribed!

c10addict 08-17-2011 05:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
UPDATE TIME!!! Sorry I am slow with the pics.. We were in IL for 5 days to go to Chicagoland Goodguys.. The wheel tubs and bed floor are done and the speedliner is drying as I type this.. Here are some pictures of the underside before it was sealed and speedlined... We also made "splash shields" or extensions for the tubs for in front and behind the wheels, new fuel tank mounts and boxed in the rear frame rails and added a hitch... After all it is a shop truck so it will pull a trailer from time to time..

c10addict 08-17-2011 05:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Pics of the inside of the bed freshly speedlined.. The pockets are for 5 gallon Army style gas cans to sit in.. Better pics coming soon...