The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   In-N-Out Burger (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=464122)

rambler 05-12-2011 04:51 PM

In-N-Out Burger

In-N-Out burger...

I know we have had discussions about these before.. but are they REALLY that good?

and another one....

lady weeps for joy..

Kim57 05-12-2011 05:21 PM

Re: In-N-Out Burger

They are pretty good. The lines tend to go fairly quickly around here.
Kim

tech@scottshotrods 05-12-2011 05:31 PM

Damn

dammitmitchell 05-12-2011 05:58 PM

YES!
they have a clear window so you can watch your order be made!
they cut the fries moments before they hit the fryer..
i LOVE THEM..

not enough to idle in line for 3 hours...
but i miss having one around.

dammitmitchell 05-12-2011 06:00 PM

and this dude can just STFU.. i dont care what his opinion is.. grrr (the video guy)

Stocker 05-12-2011 08:11 PM

We might stop in once a month.... good burgers, but not that good!

There is no food anywhere that's good enough to make me wait in a line like that, even if it's free.

Longhorn Man 05-12-2011 08:39 PM

VERY good

Sillyoldman 05-12-2011 08:41 PM

They must have been giving out free burgers as part of their grand opening. There was a cop (.43) waiting in line too. Was he on the clock? Why not just hit the blues?

special-K 05-14-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyoldman (Post 4677037)
They must have been giving out free burgers as part of their grand opening. There was a cop (.43) waiting in line too. Was he on the clock? Why not just hit the blues?

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to commandere this spatula":lol:

N2TRUX 05-14-2011 09:24 AM

We don't have them down here, but I finally got to eat at one a few years ago. They aren't bad, but they sure as heck aren't worth waiting in a long line for.

They recently opened the first Carl's Jr in our area. They had a line wrapped around the block for almost two months. I suppose they are great burgers too, but still haven't eaten there.

vectorit 05-14-2011 12:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
In-N-Out is probably IMO the best drive through burger you are gonna find.

The others that all say that they are better, screw it up with weird toppings or so many other choices to screw up a burger.

In-N-Out has always been a CA favorite, at least for me it's a treat after a long day.

leddzepp 05-14-2011 12:46 PM

I can't remember the first time I ate at Mc Donalds, Carls Jr, Burger King, etc.

But I can remember the first time I ate at In N Out over 30 years ago.

Yes, it is THAT good.

VA72C10 05-14-2011 01:44 PM

Sounds like five guys in our area. Fresh cut Idaho fries, fresh high quality meat cooked to order with about 20 choices of toppings that are all good!!!

Isn't Ace-X going to one of these openings?

68C15 05-14-2011 04:55 PM

never been to one but it's gotta be better than Sonic. confusing menu board and all these promotions get on my nerve.
locally we have Burger Time. "I'll take a #2 with Pepsi" is the way it should be. occasionally they have a corn dog special but that's it.

lakeroadster 05-14-2011 05:19 PM

Never had In-N-Out Burgers where I grew up... went to the Springnationals out in Pomona last year and we made a point of going.

I have been eatin hamburgers for 50 years, gotta tell ya I wasn't impressed at all. McDonalds has better fries, and Burger King hamburgers are just as good.... IMO of course.

70cst 05-14-2011 10:14 PM

If I was in my truck I would likely run out of gas before I got my burgers :lol:

pritch 05-14-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA72C10 (Post 4679602)
Sounds like five guys in our area.

Is that Five Guys Burgers and Fries?

There is one of those here in Utah, but I have not ever been there. My kid says it's pretty dang good, though. As for In & Out-I gotta say I'm underwhelmed. I remember them from when I was a kid in SoCal and they have recently (last 5 years or so) moved into Utah. The were as I remembered, just not my favorite.

But Salt Lake just came in 2nd in the Nation-behind Houston-for best burgers overall. I'll see if I can find the link. It was on the news a couple days ago:lol:

Here's that link:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51...-says.html.csp

Longhorn Man 05-14-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 4679539)
I can't remember the first time I ate at Mc Donalds, Carls Jr, Burger King, etc.

But I can remember the first time I ate at In N Out over 30 years ago.

Yes, it is THAT good.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

VA72C10 05-14-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pritch (Post 4680368)
Is that Five Guys Burgers and Fries?

There is one of those here in Utah, but I have not ever been there. My kid says it's pretty dang good, though.

Yes, five guys burgers and fries

Good stuff....gotta try it some time...

Liz 05-14-2011 11:36 PM

Five guys closed down here.. folks did not want to pay for a pricey burger.

I have heard nothing but good about in and out over the years.. but I have to say, that pic doesn't look any different than a sonic burger.

McC_65_91 05-15-2011 12:02 AM

Ive never eaten In-n-Out, though have heard good things.
since its relevant Id thought Id take the opportunity to post this up-

http://www.hamburgeramerica.com/ha_george.html

The guy who made this is one of my best friends brothers... hes a freelance photographer, he made a documentary called "Hamburger America" and also wrote a book on burgers joints across the US. he has tried and wrote about some of the strangest and best burgers in America :flag:. hes a real good guy and makes a damn good burger. check out his website

vectorit 05-15-2011 12:30 AM

There is a 5 guys joint here in my town now.

Tried it a few times in different style orders, and I gotta say... It's just a sloppy burger with a pile of greasy fries in a bag. If I wanted that, I'd just go to "The Hat" and get a decent burger with the same amount of the same kind of pile of fries. (Mind you, the only reason one would go to "The Hat" is for the pastrami).

I crack up at these so called "better than In-N-Out" joints like 5 guys, and they are just a rip off of how In-N-Out does food prep. Yet, the burger has no taste nor does the fries.

Similar to Sonic? You gotta be kidding me? Sonic burgers are like eating a soggy piece of heavy corrugated cardboard between some nasty old fixins...

I guess you have to be a Southern Californian to truly appreciate an In-N-Out burger, since every region has it's favorite burger and claim it's the best.

Just a SoCal icon of fast food that every burger flippin shop tries to emulate to capitalize off of IMO. Though I have to say... It's just a fast food burger, and if you're out of the area hopes have been pumped up about it. Then you are bound to be negative about it.

Just have one, and if you like it. Then have a coke and smile, if not then enjoy your local favorite.

VA72C10 05-15-2011 12:45 AM

I agree on the regional thing (five guys started in DC and it's suburbs and now covers VA)

...and I've never been to an in-N-out to compare the two...

Could also be a location by location thing....I ate at one five guys in Potomac, VA that had overly greasy fries (oil probably not hot enough) and the burger was no better than McD's...they were slow (no customers) at the dinner rush which should have been my first warning sign-normally they are all busy all day long...

I've eaten at six or seven other locations in DC, VA, and the outer banks of NC and they've all been great!

3quartertime 05-15-2011 01:24 AM

The In-n-Out Burger phenom is pretty funny. The chains are just starting to open in this area. We have a lunch scheduled for the day the one close to work opens. I keep telling everyone that it's just a burger joint. I've ate there many times and it's no where near the best burger I've had, but it's ok for a burger joint. Funny how the marketing is so effective...

lol...

HeavyD 05-15-2011 04:18 AM

Well it's all opinion but I ate at one in Vegas and I absolutely loved it. The line up is nothing new for me...people up here create huge lines up for coffee at our Tim Hortons. Blows my mind.