The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   LS Swap AC Compressor Question (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=744249)

Scarface 08-09-2017 11:25 AM

LS Swap AC Compressor Question
 
I have a 79 C10 with a 5.3 LS Swap and I want to mount the AC Compressor down low in the factory position but the motor mount is in the way. I know it can be modified to make it fit. I just wanted to ask and see if anyone has installed the Trans-Dapt Performance Engine Swap Motor Mounts 4205

Thanks

sweetk30 08-09-2017 11:46 AM

Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question
 
and the frame needs cut/modifyed also and not just a little.

Scarface 08-09-2017 12:12 PM

Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetk30 (Post 8012214)
and the frame needs cut/modifyed also and not just a little.

I was hoping that it didn't need much if any cut on the frame so maybe I don't want to do this

PunishedC10 08-09-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarface (Post 8012230)
I was hoping that it didn't need much if any cut on the frame so maybe I don't want to do this

Take a look over at the lsx swap section and you might find what you're looking for. I have an ls1 with fbody accessories so I can't really answer your question.
Posted via Mobile Device

sweetk30 08-09-2017 01:55 PM

Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question
 
factory look with 80/90's style comp from our trucks.

https://www.holley.com/products/acce...y/parts/20-131

PunishedC10 08-09-2017 03:20 PM

Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question
 
I personally have been looking at passenger side high mount Sanden compressor options. The compressor is way more effiecent and is smaller then the R4 style

1957 Chief 08-09-2017 05:29 PM

Re: LS Swap AC Compressor Question
 
I put an LS in my son's 84 truck. I notched the frame where the compressor lines exit.
For the motor mount, I pulled the frame mount off the truck and extended it a little but. Then redrilled the motor mount holes. Like was said earlier, lots of info in the LS swap forum on this site.

I would also install a trianary switch for the fans unless you have your computer sending input to them from the AC control.

If you need pics just PM me and ill text em to you.

Bubba

I still use the factory condenser core, accumulator and evap core. Truck blows frost out the vents.

Scarface 08-10-2017 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunishedC10 (Post 8012323)
I personally have been looking at passenger side high mount Sanden compressor options. The compressor is way more effiecent and is smaller then the R4 style

I have the sanden compressor that can with the old air setup and everything is done with the exception of mounting this compressor. Trying to run it low on its own belt since I have a d1sc procharger and the belt it already pretty long
Posted via Mobile Device

Scarface 08-10-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1957 Chief (Post 8012397)
I put an LS in my son's 84 truck. I notched the frame where the compressor lines exit.
For the motor mount, I pulled the frame mount off the truck and extended it a little but. Then redrilled the motor mount holes. Like was said earlier, lots of info in the LS swap forum on this site.

I would also install a trianary switch for the fans unless you have your computer sending input to them from the AC control.

If you need pics just PM me and ill text em to you.

Bubba

I still use the factory condenser core, accumulator and evap core. Truck blows frost out the vents.

Thanks Bubba I just sent you a PM
Posted via Mobile Device


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com