The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Interesting truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746630)

LockDoc 09-14-2017 10:15 PM

Interesting truck

-
First off remember that bashing anyone's truck is against board rules and may get you a 2 day vacation. So if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I ran across this while cruising Craigslist and just thought this was an interesting interpretation of our trucks.

If it starts going South I will just delete the thread......

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto...261978413.html

LockDoc

projectking 09-14-2017 10:31 PM

Re: Interesting truck

Been on there for awhile.....wanted something like 12k for it before all the odd stuff was mounted on it.

toolboxchev 09-14-2017 10:32 PM

In the world there is one for everybody!

RAT FINK would be the name if I owned it.

Old_Gold 09-14-2017 11:35 PM

Looks like the rat rod craze is merging with our era of trucks!
I don't think I will be making an offer, so, wide open for the rest of you!
Jim

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 09-14-2017 11:41 PM

Wholly (*&(....................... That gas handle literally sends to the carb? Thanks for posting. I need more pics.

57taskforce 09-15-2017 12:04 AM

I love the first picture!

onebigjohn 09-15-2017 12:10 AM

Cool piece of art....Love the firewall!

Overdriven 09-15-2017 03:26 AM

You know that game "let's see if you can Weld this to the truck"? Yeah this guy won that game! Sorry if that's too far. There are interesting touches and it is very creative if not to everyone's taste.

Just for discussion, I hesitate to call this a rat rod though. Rat rods started out as normal vehicles that were just ratty. They were a step below Patina because they had less paint, more rust, more holes, were kind of butchered and a hodge lodge of parts from different vehicles usually what was on hand or to lower the budget or get driving quickly. But they didn't have stuff added on for "ornamental value". An example would be the gas cylinders on this truck. Someone building a traditional rat rod might cut up or have used those cylinders in some way to make a functional part. But in this ornamental rod they used the tall cylinders as or to mimic exhaust stacks and there's a couple refrigerant cylinders by the back wheels as well. Purely ornamental stuff and more of an art project than a ratty vehicle thrown together without much concern for aesthetics. Anyone else agree?

doctrouble 09-15-2017 05:03 AM

Rat rod or not. Good/bad.. I've put more in to my truck than 6g's.. id totally trade my truck for this thing. That rig is awesome

Anytime I'd walk by it in my apt complex I'd totally give it the ehyyyy ;) finger point. But seriously lol wish it hand some kind of bed tho.

hamjet 09-15-2017 06:07 AM

My buddy doesn't understand the rat rod thing when we go to cruize ins, but I cant get enough. maybe its from growing up in the rat fink years, but I enjoy seeing the imagination people have. To be different, total art to me. thanks for posting! what a cool way to express ones self...

Shaky 09-15-2017 06:15 AM

I dunno if I'd like to see them all done up like that, but I like the creativity. This is America dammit!! :flag::two:

71sierragrande 09-15-2017 06:22 AM

There is a candidate for my ICBM (Inter Cul-de-sac) launcher project. Absolutely perfect

midniteblues 09-15-2017 06:34 AM

I can say I would not want to purchase this truck.
I do enjoy looking at rides like this just too see the ingenuity that goes into them.
Kudos too this guy for taking a different approach.

special-K 09-15-2017 07:27 AM

Looks exctly like what we are calling rat rods these days. They all seem to have silly things added for ornamentation. Whatever the old definition was, it has been redefined for today. Those gas cylinders are actually functioning exhaust stacks.

That filler panel at the grille and core support would be a nice touch on an all out high dollar custom. It also appears to have linked/bagged rear suspension set-up like I did on the custom '95 work truck I owned

yuccales 09-15-2017 07:48 AM

Love the door panels & exhaust. :metal:

RedRider 09-15-2017 08:41 AM

I'd drive it to Burning Man

Moose Monkey 09-15-2017 08:53 AM

Lots of great working ideas on the truck . not my taste, but some would look good on my truck.

stevenfromtexas 09-15-2017 10:33 AM

heck ya man!!!

Mad Max; to the max!!!!

boraxman 09-15-2017 10:49 AM

I like it but I would not drive it.

jocko 09-15-2017 11:10 AM

I guess I agree and disagree with some of the posts, not that that matters though. I lean more to the side of this isn't my impression of a rat rod. It's a custom movement that takes a rat rod several steps further. As if George Barris had a kid with Mrs Munster. Kinda. Having said that, the Munster-mobiles were indeed high end Barris "Customs" but by no means rat rods. I see cars (or trucks) like the one posted as much more a far out Custom with rust than a rat rod. To me (and this is just me), a rat rod is a 32 hi-boy that hasn't been painted and has no chrome on the motor. Something I'd love to tinker with. A Custom is more of a show piece or statement or conversation item. Having said that - I can see where Tim is coming from - I think the terminology has evolved to more likely label a thing like this as a rat rod in the general public, but to me, it's a Custom. Today's Beatnik Bandit on a budget.

clay68c10 09-15-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8040055)
That filler panel at the grille and core support would be a nice touch on an all out high dollar custom.

I like that panel too, it would be a nice touch on any level build.

HO455 09-15-2017 12:49 PM

Like it or not you have to respect someone with that much energy and dedication.

alsriv2 09-15-2017 02:15 PM

I would roll in that truck all day if the mechanicals were done correctly. Not a fan of some of the "art", but that could easily be changed.

skinnan 09-15-2017 02:34 PM

I think it is super cool.....lots of those types of vehicles in car shows we have down here in Florida

i82much 09-15-2017 03:46 PM

It's not my thing, but there are plenty of great things that aren't my thing. Like Fords, for instance.

Anyway, I would love to see something like this in a Mad Max movie. I mean, if I pulled up to a stoplight and Sloth from The Goonies was driving this thing, I would feel like that was fitting. Probably listening to Iron Butterfly and drinking an RC Cola. Just my guess.