The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Window felt weatherstrip (beltline weatherstrip) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=707217)

forestb 05-16-2016 04:28 PM

Window felt weatherstrip (beltline weatherstrip)

I know this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread. Where is the best place to get the Window felt weatherstrip (beltline weatherstrip) for the side windows?

People have said that buying the Window felt weatherstrips not in the a kit are better quality than the ones in the kit but I can't remember what company they were talking about.

I got the Side window run channel kit from Steele Rubber and the Window felt weatherstrip was horrible. The little stainless peace that runs along the bottom of the window is painted black and does not sit above the door but instead inside the door. (just because you pay a lot does not mean you will get a quality product.

Joemomma1 05-16-2016 05:36 PM

Re: Window felt weatherstrip (beltline weatherstrip)

Hmm. I thought it was supposed to sit inside the door. I got the cheap stuff and the passenger side does not want to stay put even after I lock it down into place. Are yours not sealing properly or do you just not like the fittement?

forestb 05-16-2016 06:10 PM

From what I have seen and what was on my truck only the little chrome strip is supposed to show and everything else sits inside the door. I did not install the new ones the painter did but when I looked at them they sat 1/16 to 1/4 in below the window frame. I will try to find a look at how the old ones looked.

Bullett 05-16-2016 06:11 PM

My door window fuzzies were the only pieces of my precision kit that was unsatisfactory. They sit too low in the door, I can't roll my window all the way up. The metal track that holds the bottom of the door glass binds up on the fuzzies before the window is in the full up position. Not sure what I'm gonna do.

forestb 05-17-2016 04:26 PM

Has anyone used Precision brand

Ghernandez66 05-17-2016 08:07 PM

I have the precision parts but I'm having the same issue as bullett I have to push my window from outside to prevent it from catching and tearing the outside piece, I already did that with the ones from LMC those are garbage

forestb 05-18-2016 12:34 PM

I am sorry Bullett I did not see that you used precision and seemed to have ignored your post.

Did you who used precision buy the entire kit for the window or just the beltline weatherstrip? I have heard that some company's sell a different product in the kit than individually.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullett (Post 7595261)
My door window fuzzies were the only pieces of my precision kit that was unsatisfactory. They sit too low in the door, I can't roll my window all the way up. The metal track that holds the bottom of the door glass binds up on the fuzzies before the window is in the full up position. Not sure what I'm gonna do.

forestb 05-25-2016 11:50 AM

bump

Metalaroundstone 05-28-2016 01:06 PM

I used the Precision brand beltline strips (not from a kit) on my 66, and I thought the fit wae decent, although I did have trouble closing my windows all the way. I had to adjust the window depth where it connects to the regulator to compensate for this. The main problem I had was with the clips that attach the strips to the door. Some of them were so brittle that they would just stap off when I tried to push them into place. I had to scavenge about 5 clips from my old original strips and install them into the new strips to replace the ones I broke. In doing a autopsy of the new clips, they must not have been heat treated properly because they were almost as brittle as uncooked speaghetti.

forestb 05-29-2016 05:32 PM

There did you get the individual strips not in the kit. All the suppliers I saw only sold the kit.

GSP7 05-29-2016 05:55 PM

I have Precision Brand windshield rubber trim chrome. Its is crap. Turned from chrome trim to brown crap in 2 months

forestb 06-02-2016 09:07 PM

So we are narrowing things down.

1) Precision Brand. The chrome turns brown after 2 months.

3) Steel Rubber Brand. They sit below the edge of the door and don't have the chrome edge.

4) LMC Same problem as Steel Rubber.

Someone should send these companies a ruler.

I wonder if it is possible to glue new felt onto my old chrome peaces. They are not in that bad of shape.

Has anyone tried the ones from Brothers or Classic Industries?

forestb 06-02-2016 09:20 PM

or maybe Bowtie Bits

RBW 11-01-2016 01:33 PM

Has anyone found a good supplier for these beltline weatherstrips?

forestb 11-01-2016 01:40 PM

not yet

Chevystep 11-01-2016 10:44 PM

I wonder if there is some way to fab up a rubber beltline that actually squeegees the window like late model cars. Anyone tried to see if a new model (junkyard find) weatherstrip could be used? Similar to the Accord door seals?

andyh1956 11-01-2016 11:16 PM

What about gluing some Velcro loop side to them? Mine are in good cond also & after reading about the poor fit I thought I might try this, but I'm a long way off from it right now.

Mjminino 11-02-2016 06:11 AM

I used the deluxe kit from classicparts.com and I can roll my window up all the way. I will take some pictures this morning.

The Rocknrod 11-02-2016 09:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I was given these in my "truck in a box" project. Hope they work. But I still can't believe the outside ones are not rubber like a sqweegee, never seen that before.

forestb 11-02-2016 10:56 AM

They look like the clips are in the right place to put them above the edge of the door.
I have tried to find the precision brand that are not sold in the full door kit and I could not find them.

The Rocknrod 11-02-2016 11:03 AM

Yes I think they do put the edge higher on these.
Oh, but check out these:
https://raybuck.com/product/1964-66-...-beltline-kit/
With the rubber outside.

forestb 11-02-2016 11:24 AM

I don't think the photos is of the actual product. It says it might not be and the clips are completely wrong.

The Rocknrod 11-02-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forestb (Post 7758653)
I don't think the photos is of the actual product. It says it might not be and the clips are completely wrong.

Oh, too bad though.

61K10 11-02-2016 01:05 PM

It's been awhile but someone said the best were (Re-pops) or something like that.

nsb29 11-02-2016 01:24 PM

I got a complete set from brothers no issues got a set of fuzzy's from LMC for something else and they suck, im sending them back and ordering from brothers