The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   K20/K30's only! Pics please :) (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=561516)

BLAZERMAN 01-19-2013 03:12 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 5827689)
ok, now who was asking for that elusive K30!!!??? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item4ac0707bf6

(just kidding, I have NO idea how to interpret that SPID, but it's not a K, that's all I know...)

I guess it's the 1/2 ton axles that make it so elusive!! Not to bash someone else's truck but I sure hope he has some kind of block off plates sealing those factory cab light holes, can you imagine how much moisture could be entering there if not.
Posted via Mobile Device

SS Tim 01-19-2013 03:29 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
"Titled as" that is enough to make me walk away......

PAWS 72 01-19-2013 04:28 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
NO PICS FROM ME BUT i DO LOVE A LOT OF THE BACKGROUND SCENES IN YOUR PICS.GREAT GUYS, I LOVE IT.

special-K 01-19-2013 07:38 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdv (Post 5826957)
Just finished up a motor swap that took two years!

Dang,lost another bet! :lol:..........Glad to hear it

I once was the K/20 King,I guess you could say. These have always been my main course of trucks. I had five at one time and have had many. When I started here I had three special '72 Ks...Red Orange/White Cheyenne Super Custom Camper,Medium Blue/White Custom Deluxe Highlander Custom Camper,And the White Sierra Custom Camper I still have. Didn't take pics of the Cheyenne Super before starting the restoration and sold as a project. Here are some of the Highlander...again

StepinNJ 01-19-2013 10:22 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here's my new project with a lot of questions I will hopefully get answers for on this site.
70 K20 auto

ryanroo 01-19-2013 11:05 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Here is one of my uglies. just before i took it all apart. its a K20 but in this picture its a K30.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...k/100_1688.jpg

and another of the uglies. also a 72 K20 it now has a 67 front and i really dont know what the end plans are

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l8...uck/001-33.jpg

Ryan

50bomb 01-19-2013 11:05 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 5827817)
Dang,lost another bet! :lol:..........Glad to hear it

I once was the K/20 King,I guess you could say. These have always been my main course of trucks. I had five at one time and have had many. When I started here I had three special '72 Ks...Red Orange/White Cheyenne Super Custom Camper,Medium Blue/White Custom Deluxe Highlander Custom Camper,And the White Sierra Custom Camper I still have. Didn't take pics of the Cheyenne Super before starting the restoration and sold as a project. Here are some of the Highlander...again

You always post pictures of that truck and they just look better everytime. LOve it!

jhiggy94 01-19-2013 05:11 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
2 Attachment(s)
Mine when i brought it home...and what it looks like now. Im making progress!

rs74 01-19-2013 05:15 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey Tim, where did you find the photo of this truck. Is there any information to be found about the truck.

BLAZERMAN 01-19-2013 08:05 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rs74 (Post 5828592)
Hey Tim, where did you find the photo of this truck. Is there any information to be found about the truck.

Here ya go. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=70721
Posted via Mobile Device

BLAZERMAN 01-19-2013 08:07 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StepinNJ (Post 5827954)
Here's my new project with a lot of questions I will hopefully get answers for on this site.
70 K20 auto

Interesting project you have there, got any more pics and info?
Posted via Mobile Device

rs74 01-19-2013 08:13 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN (Post 5828915)
Here ya go. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=70721
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!

widow_maker 01-19-2013 08:36 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
2 Attachment(s)
K-20 Custom Camper. Only pics I have on this computer.

StepinNJ 01-19-2013 10:01 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BLAZERMAN (Post 5828924)
Interesting project you have there, got any more pics and info?
Posted via Mobile Device

Factory air. Tach. Tilt wheel. Custom interior. 350 4 bbl.
No other pics yet. Getting truck this week.

RHGuyettejr 01-19-2013 11:15 PM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Here are some of my project, eventually it is going to be a 4x4 3/4 ton GMC.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...63951761_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...35921406_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...69190627_n.jpg

LUCKTRUCK 01-20-2013 12:21 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
1972 K-30, belonged to a friend of mine, I almost bought it from him back around 1997 when this picture was taken. It had Cheyenne 30 emblems on it, is it possible? a K-30 Cheyenne Super?

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/s...psec67c927.jpg

jocko 01-20-2013 01:31 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
could be a cab swap if the VIN has a 3 in it to a K20 frame, or it's simply 30 emblems on a 20. I'm obviously not an expert (considering the title of this post, by me) but I've been subsequently schooled that there is no such animal, i.e K and 30...

Regardless, that is an absolutely beautiful truck. Made my day!

72supermike 01-20-2013 02:38 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Here are some before and after pics. Enjoy!

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...0819091102.jpg
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...819091100a.jpg
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...819091110a.jpg
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/IMG_0168.jpg
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...y/IMG_0167.jpg

jocko 01-20-2013 02:51 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
nice truck

nitrosport_5 01-20-2013 03:12 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Here is my project. Shes not much now.. but hopefully will within a year.

Plans - Tilt, Tach, Air, 40 gal burb tank to feed the 396, and fresh paint.. have a cab to swap onto it. still not decided on orange/white or blue/white... im starting to lean more towards orange..Even more now after the pic of 72KAY20's truck!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...701cropped.jpg

When i bought it.. first thing i did was ditch these wheels. Not my cup-o-tea

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...3610c9113b.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...99b9b91d06.jpg

check out my build log, just click "Rusty" in my sig.

special-K 01-20-2013 07:25 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCKTRUCK (Post 5829588)
1972 K-30, belonged to a friend of mine, I almost bought it from him back around 1997 when this picture was taken. It had Cheyenne 30 emblems on it, is it possible? a K-30 Cheyenne Super?

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/s...psec67c927.jpg

I'd have to see it to know just what he did,but that would be a "built" K/30,not factory. First of all,GM didn't make a 127" WB 1t frame. It it was factory it would be a Longhorn. I had a friend in Idaho years ago who had a Longhorn 4wd that I thought was factory till I knew better. The early Dana 60 front axles did use Spicer lockouts. I'd love to find a set for the Dana 60 going under my K2500. That Highlander was going to get the K/30 (axle) treatment that the Sierra is getting. I had Custom/30 emblems for it. Now I have Custom Camper 3500 or another 3500 fender emblem with nothing else on it...both N.O.S.,for the Sierra.

HOTFUN 01-20-2013 09:26 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
2 Attachment(s)
This has been my farm workhorse for over 20 years. I just bought a new Silverado 2500HD and I still felt much more comfortable in my 72 GMC to get me through the worst storm this winter here. It got me through a blizzard to and from work in the middle of the night and over 100 miles of closed highway and interstate without a hickup. Drove around many suvs and cars stranded in the middle of the road.

THE BOSS 01-20-2013 10:21 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
this truck didn't leave the factory as a K20, it is now and i have it badged properly too.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...riveway006.jpg

it didn't have one of these when i bought it. it took a few months to find and build one.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...smtake1008.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...omplete013.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ruckday027.jpg

it took 2 Dodges to get 1 Chevy home.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ruckday028.jpg

ryanroo 01-20-2013 11:32 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 5829899)
I'd have to see it to know just what he did,but that would be a "built" K/30,not factory. First of all,GM didn't make a 127" WB 1t frame. It it was factory it would be a Longhorn. I had a friend in Idaho years ago who had a Longhorn 4wd that I thought was factory till I knew better. The early Dana 60 front axles did use Spicer lockouts. I'd love to find a set for the Dana 60 going under my K2500. That Highlander was going to get the K/30 (axle) treatment that the Sierra is getting. I had Custom/30 emblems for it. Now I have Custom Camper 3500 or another 3500 fender emblem with nothing else on it...both N.O.S.,for the Sierra.

I love that GMC and HOTFUN's as well! i want another GMC!

Gm dana 60s never had external hubs. they were always been internal. they did have spicer hubs, but they look nothing like the ones on the K20 D44s. early dodge dana 60s 76-89ish had a large external hub, but never a style of lockout that is like the K20 that i am aware of. i had a set of the GM D60f spicers on my GM 60 i swapped for the 78-79 RC60 in my green truck now.

the blue and white truck has a D44 front. i'm betting it had badges swapped to say "30"

Ryan

Vintage Windmills 01-20-2013 11:52 AM

Re: K20/K30's only! Pics please :)
 
3 Attachment(s)
Three currently at my place but the green one has been sold


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com