The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Am I the only one that loses things? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=733149)

davischevy 03-28-2017 10:31 PM

Re: Am I the only one that loses things?

Ol Blue, you win the prize..................but I can't remember what the prize is.

Ol Blue K20 03-28-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 7899649)
Ol Blue, you win the prize..................but I can't remember what the prize is.

:metal::metal::lol:

special-K 03-29-2017 07:04 AM

You remember what the prize is. You can't fool me. You just can't find where you put it.

flashed 03-29-2017 07:11 AM

I can lose anything especially if I just had it in my hand .I was looking for my tire cleaning brush yesterday when washing the El Camino ,I just had the stupid thing ,it was in the bucket of soapy water ,where else would it be ,Big Dummy.

72 tigger 04-01-2017 09:18 PM

I lose stuff quite often & think " it will definitely be a smooth transition into dementia"

special-K 04-02-2017 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 7903585)
" it will definitely be a smooth transition into dementia"

That is a classic! I'm training for it in advance myself

richard2717 05-19-2019 03:42 PM

bringing this source of enjoyment back to the top :lol:

taping up truck to be painted. Get side tracked by employee question. Go back to taping only to not see tape laying where I thought I put it. Search all over truck.... nowhere. Hour later employee asks what i am looking for after hearing the cursing going on:censored:. Tell them Can't find the frigging tape I had......He said, look on your wrist:banghead:

special-K 05-20-2019 06:10 AM

If I didn't know better I'd say you stole my story! :lol:

How about propping your sunglasses or reading glasses up on your head when not needed, then can't find them laying anywhere? "I just had them! I looked on every ding dang surface in this house! Even looked places I never went! Voodoo does strange things you know. How can something be laying on top (learned from experience) when it was the last (left a word or two out) thing I touched!!!???" Then you scratch your ear or something and they fall to the floor. "Tim Hicks you are such an idiot!". I think half my laughter in this life is at myself.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 05-21-2019 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I usually know where stuff is, but on some occasions I've spent half a day looking for parts. Somehow they're not just in the last place I look, but often in the last place possible. Most recently that was my crankcase vent. I checked everywhere I could think of, then realized it might be with the carb. parts. Only problem was that box was MIA as well. The last option was inside the container I use for my bedside table........Ah, there they are.

Grumpy old man 05-21-2019 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 8529409)
I usually know where stuff is, but on some occasions I've spent half a day looking for parts. Somehow they're not just in the last place I look, but often in the last place possible. Most recently that was my crankcase vent. I checked everywhere I could think of, then realized it might be with the carb. parts. Only problem was that box was MIA as well. The last option was inside the container I use for my bedside table........Ah, there they are.

Container full of used truck parts as a bedside table ...:lol:

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 05-23-2019 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8529462)
Container full of used truck parts as a bedside table ...:lol:

:lol:

Go figure man, I just came across a thread with this picture off a 402............Looks like I'm still missing part of the flame arrester, doesn't even look familiar less the tube. Couldn't tell you what that "barrel" piece is:

Steeveedee 05-24-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 8529409)

My '70 402 engine does not have a flame arrester in the filtered air tube. It appears to be original, as well. It has the same clamps as you have.

cashforclunkers 05-24-2019 03:34 PM

Magnetic rechargeable flashlight. Was my favorite and most used tool in the shop. Faithful for 2 years or so, then I lost it. Looked everywhere. A year later, I noticed it was stuck to the passenger quarter panel of my daily driver Jeep. It had been there the whole time, for probably 10,000 miles. Sadly the outside elements ruined it :(

PAWS 72 05-25-2019 08:12 PM

Boy do I feel a whole lot better. I've done everything here. Except losing billfold in the bib of my overalls. hehe.
Special K, you can laugh now bud. And i'm just past middle age.

PGSigns 05-26-2019 08:13 PM

I loose stuff all the time. I also forget sometimes lending stuff then spend hours looking for it. I put a note pad in the shop to keep notes on now. But of all the things Iv'e lost I miss my mind the most.
Jimmy

richard2717 05-27-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGSigns (Post 8532188)
I loose stuff all the time. I also forget sometimes lending stuff then spend hours looking for it. I put a note pad in the shop to keep notes on now. But of all the things Iv'e lost I miss my mind the most.
Jimmy

I have done the same thing, putting note pads all around. Sadly, by the time I locate one, or a pen to write on I have totally forgotten what I was even doing. anymore, it seems I have to keep pad and pen right in my pockets all the time. :lol:

It is the same with tape measures, I own probably 10 or more of them "so I will always have one at hand" ......yep, they all lend up in the same spot, which is the last place I look.

LockDoc 05-28-2019 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashforclunkers (Post 8531124)
Magnetic rechargeable flashlight. Was my favorite and most used tool in the shop. Faithful for 2 years or so, then I lost it. Looked everywhere. A year later, I noticed it was stuck to the passenger quarter panel of my daily driver Jeep. It had been there the whole time, for probably 10,000 miles. Sadly the outside elements ruined it :(

I found mine stuck to the underside of the front fender on my '36 Ford. Luckily it was only a month or two and I hadn't driven it in the rain so it was still in good shape. I had already went and bought another one though....:( ... (actually it's nice to have a spare)

LockDoc

67ChevyRedneck 05-28-2019 01:31 PM

Ugh, good timing for a revival.

I was unloading a large trailer full of stuff at the dump by hand. Random crap I cleaned out from clearing some land. Lots of rocks and just crap. Somehow, I have no idea how, I threw my keys into the trailer (our "dump" is a substation that has trailers below a platform that hauls it all to the big dump). Of course, it took me 40 minutes to unload the trailer. I always leave the keys in the ignition at the dump. I literally thought someone was pulling a prank on me at first. After the workers helping me look for a half hour I called the wife to bring the spare.

I lost my main set of keys to:

2015 Silverado
2011 Mustang
1967 C10
1965 Mustang
House
Garage
Work

So stupid. The last set I lost was over 14 years ago when little Nabisco was a puppy. I was walking her in the park and they fell out of my pocket.

Considering how many times I lose them, literally daily, I guess 14 years is good.

Keys are the cheap part. I was able to get new keys and fobbs for everything for about $50, but the Silverado fob has to be dealer programmed (I can program the key at home), and since one of the 2011 mustang keys is missing I'll have to have the dealer do those fobs too. If I would have had both of the originals, I can add up to 6 more keys, but the sequence won't work with just one.

Glad I kept spares for everything. I bought two of everything this time so there's an extra set in case I do it again, I am getting older and even more forgetful :lol:

special-K 05-30-2019 06:48 AM

Lost keys suck. I don't care who you are.

I think it's now been over a month since I've seen (possible pun) my #1 reading glasses. They never leave the property, so they have to be here somewhere. Even giving up looking hasn't worked!! I do find myself outside with them on, but still no see'um. I use a crappy set for working on the truck, now my sole pair. No, they haven't been on my head for over a month!!

Hey Jason (Paws 72), I guess you don't need my lessons. Doing fine on your own :lol:

davischevy 06-02-2019 11:04 PM

HA, I saw the title and said to myself "Self that sounds like a familiar thread". I looked at it a sec and realized I was the one that started it two years ago.

Ol Blue K20 06-03-2019 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8535894)
HA, I saw the title and said to myself "Self that sounds like a familiar thread". I looked at it a sec and realized I was the one that started it two years ago.

Ahhh, you're to blame.. :lol: