The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Classic Performance Modular Drop Spindles (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=782612)

kens65fb 03-04-2019 10:56 AM

Classic Performance Modular Drop Spindles

1 Attachment(s)
Supposedly these spindles give more tire clearance.
They are only slightly more expensive than their standard drop spindles.

This is the description from CPP

"Classic Performance modular drop spindles are designed to help solve the tire to fender interference commonly found on lowered vehicles. The new specially designed spindle bracketry works with OEM brake components as well as aftermarket options. They install easily with no modifications and work with factory ball joints and tie rod ends. Classic Performance modular drop spindles offer adjustable steering stops and allow for an additional 1 1/8 in. more of fender to tire clearance. "

Anyone have any experience with these spindles ??

chevy_mike 03-04-2019 12:38 PM

Re: Classic Performance Modular Drop Spindles

Yes, I have used two sets of these. When they first come out, they were the only dropped spindles that did not increase the track width from the stock drums but since then, they have released other ones that don't increase the width. The biggest thing I liked about these version the 2.5" drop ones is, if running a stock type 15x8" wheel with 4.5" BS, they allow the wheel to clear the lower outer lip of the A-arm. The bigger drop spindles can run into clearance issues.

Side benefit is, if you ever want to change your brakes out to a big brake kit, this is the spindle almost all of the kits use, since it has the mounting points to change caliper brackets.

Here's the clearance I am talking about,

http://gallery.lisaandmike.org/album...l/PICT6315.jpg

cwcarpenter98 03-04-2019 02:37 PM

Do these spindles use stock ball joints or 73+ ball joints? The kit I used (POL) was 73+ ball joints, but I used stock height spindles. Just trying to see what all I would need to get if I decide to lower it in the future

kens65fb 03-04-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 (Post 8479541)
Do these spindles use stock ball joints or 73+ ball joints? The kit I used (POL) was 73+ ball joints, but I used stock height spindles. Just trying to see what all I would need to get if I decide to lower it in the future

Here's what it said in the product description.

"They install easily with no modifications and work with factory ball joints and tie rod ends"

CPP part number --- # CP30106-2
Fits 1963-1970 C-10

EVRLET 03-04-2019 07:14 PM

Also shop around. CPP has eBay postings. I picked up a pair of modular spindles for $259 shipped off their eBay post and it was $299 on their website. If you have any eBay bucks or other coupon codes, then it’ll be cheaper.

cwcarpenter98 03-04-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kens65fb (Post 8479620)
Here's what it said in the product description.

"They install easily with no modifications and work with factory ball joints and tie rod ends"

CPP part number --- # CP30106-2
Fits 1963-1970 C-10

Thanks, now I see that I missed the part number differences when I was first looking at them

wichita 03-07-2019 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 (Post 8479541)

Yes they use stock ball joints just order the spindles for the year you need.

cwcarpenter98 03-07-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wichita (Post 8482214)
Yes they use stock ball joints just order the spindles for the year you need.

That makes sense, thanks