The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cold season? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=750689)

CG 11-17-2017 12:46 AM

Cold season?

I haven't had a bad cold in forever. Maybe some sniffles or slightly sore throat, nothing worth even thinking about.

But Im just getting over a doozy of a cold, nearly a week to get back to feeling halfway decent. I spent the whole time avoiding my wife lol. She watched TV in living room, I watched TV in the family room (when I wasn't busy dyeing). I slept in the room we have set up for the grand kids when they visit. So nice to be feeling better =)

Im gonna go check on my wife now, she got the cold anyway ... man she sounds horrible. I think Ill tell her that :devil:

In The Ten Ring 11-17-2017 04:15 AM

Re: Cold season?

Colds suck.

I once dated an X ray tech that had no problem with making out when I was very sick with a cold. When I told her she shouldn't come over she replied "I'll end up getting it anyway." :)

FleetsidePaul 11-17-2017 07:03 AM

I can't remember the last time I got sick. Unless you count hangovers.

My wife is a nurse. She is around sick people all the time. And it always kind of freaked me out that she might get some funky thing and bring it home. But it's never happened.

Well, she did bring a funky nasty thing home once...Me. ;)

Liz 11-17-2017 04:09 PM

Ryleigh is in Kindergarten this year. Shes been out 4x and the dr pulled her the whole week this past wed. Lots of crud going around again.

dieseldawg142 11-17-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8084615)
Ryleigh is in Kindergarten this year. Shes been out 4x and the dr pulled her the whole week this past wed. Lots of crud going around again.

yup, schools are cold factory's
wifey and i almost never, ever got sick till we had Tanner. he's brought something home 3x since this yr started.
you go to the elementary school to pick up your kid, and all the children got big snot circles around their faces...looking surprisingly like glazed donuts...

midniteblues 11-17-2017 09:04 PM

My wife is a teacher also, she has a brick wall for a immune system as she hardly ever gets a cold.

BUT I do believe she is a carrier as I can get a random cold occasionally without even leaving the house, then a few days to a week later as im suffering from the plague she'll say oh my one student got sent home sick few days ago.

The absolute worst part of getting a cold is usually the timing, it's not like getting a cold is ever in your plans for the week or weekend.
But that big money job you have scheduled to do for the first week of next month, yep thats when you'll feel like the reaper has pulled your life and soul out of you.