The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   See kids, we all have to start somewhere (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=772806)

CG 10-07-2018 08:51 PM

See kids, we all have to start somewhere

1 Attachment(s)
Pay no attention to the post count.

Look at the join date, the post date, and the post content :lol:

Tim I’m glad you got it all figured out! You, your pictures, and your content are a huge asset to the board.

Sorry the pic turned out crappy ... did it from cell phone, but I think you get the gist lol.

truckster 10-07-2018 08:53 PM

Re: See kids, we all have to start somewhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8359156)

Look at the join date, the post date, and the post content :lol:

Tim I’m glad you got it all figured out! You, your pictures, and your content are a huge asset to the board.

Sorry the pic turned out crappy ... did it from cell phone, but I think you get the gist lol.

That's pretty funny in retrospect.

special-K 10-08-2018 12:53 AM

Could someone please run a how-to by me once more? I think I've forgotten more than I've learned?

Back then I had 9 trucks in my signature but couldn't post a picture. Now I can post a picture but only have 1 1/2. I this a good thing? I think not :lol:. Let's see, I was married back then, had my house about paid off, a second home, 49 years old, had a barn shop on a farm full of trucks, light brown hair, a dog, a cat, a girlfriend... DOH! Just kidding on the last one.

davischevy 10-08-2018 11:10 PM

I want the name of the SOB that taught him how to post pictures and set the monster loose.:lol:

Steeveedee 10-08-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8360071)
I want the name of the SOB that taught him how to post pictures and set the monster loose.:lol:

I'm sure that he's self taught, in the SOB category. :lol: I know that I am! Though to be honest, he's pretty cool, and not all that S-O-B-ish. :thumbup:

special-K 10-09-2018 06:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8359156)

Please please please do! I wish no one was counting. To tell the truth, it embarrasses me. I never look and don't feel I'm any different than the good members here who have join dates of 1999 with 147 posts. It's just a dang website and I just enjoy having a place to talk with others about the trucks that have been in my life as long as I can remember. That's right, we are talking months!!

Was it you who taught me the picture thing? On the behalf of all the board here I am posting a selfie, which was not even a thing back then. Ready, aim, shoot
Attachment 1827917
Thanks, CG for your appreciation of my contributions to this site. Good and bad, right? Hey, I'm no pretty picture to paint. My post count really got rolling when I started covering events with hundreds of pictures, starting "Pic Thread:....." uh threads, being forum staff a few years, and pitching in info. Believe it or not, I'm not the guy who has to be in command of a conversation in real life. Even find myself having a hard time stepping into ones with someone who does. Let 'em talk, I'll just listen to the S.O.B!

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8360071)

Sonna who?? Why yi outta :cuss:. I think it was CG ^^^. I wasn't always sucha one. It all began with the kids in elementary school poking fun at my ride to school. Hey, dad had to make a living and the county was afeared to be sendin' a bus up ar holler. So dad done his truck up just for me. They jist deeid nawt git it I figger
Attachment 1827916

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8360087)
I'm sure that he's self taught, in the SOB category. :lol: I know that I am! Though to be honest, he's pretty cool, and not all that S-O-B-ish. :thumbup:

You gotta be cool here or they'll kick y'ass out! Don't worry about my French, that's short for assets. Who doesn't know that? Thanks for the kind words Steevie. If you don't mind I'd like to send my gal over to give you a big hug and kiss. Tell your wife not to worry, she is no threat to your relationship. You're probably not into big fat biker chicks anyway

Ol Blue K20 10-09-2018 08:51 AM

I'm just going remain silent......lol

Travisarmenta 10-09-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8360163)
Please please please do! I wish no one was counting. To tell the truth, it embarrasses me. I never look and don't feel I'm any different than the good members here who have join dates of 1999 with 147 posts. It's just a dang website and I just enjoy having a place to talk with others about the trucks that have been in my life as long as I can remember. That's right, we are talking months!!

Was it you who taught me the picture thing? On the behalf of all the board here I am posting a selfie, which was not even a thing back then. Ready, aim, shoot
Attachment 1827917
Thanks, CG for your appreciation of my contributions to this site. Good and bad, right? Hey, I'm no pretty picture to paint. My post count really got rolling when I started covering events with hundreds of pictures, starting "Pic Thread:....." uh threads, being forum staff a few years, and pitching in info. Believe it or not, I'm not the guy who has to be in command of a conversation in real life. Even find myself having a hard time stepping into ones with someone who does. Let 'em talk, I'll just listen to the S.O.B!

Sonna who?? Why yi outta :cuss:. I think it was CG ^^^. I wasn't always sucha one. It all began with the kids in elementary school poking fun at my ride to school. Hey, dad had to make a living and the county was afeared to be sendin' a bus up ar holler. So dad done his truck up just for me. They jist deeid nawt git it I figger
Attachment 1827916

You gotta be cool here or they'll kick y'ass out! Don't worry about my French, that's short for assets. Who doesn't know that? Thanks for the kind words Steevie. If you don't mind I'd like to send my gal over to give you a big hug and kiss. Tell your wife not to worry, she is no threat to your relationship. You're probably not into big fat biker chicks anyway

Too Good lol

Steeveedee 10-09-2018 09:32 AM

:lol: This thread!

And where did you find that picture of my wife!? :confused:

davischevy 10-09-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8360233)

Something I'm not very good at. :lol:

GOPAPA 10-09-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8360233)

Me Too ! except for if I would of never joined this group I never would of learned this

"Some Days Chickens And Some Days Feathers"

Ol Blue K20 10-09-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8360299)
Something I'm not very good at. :lol:

It'ssomething my attorney taught me years ago ;):lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8360304)
Me Too ! except for if I would of never joined this group I never would of learned this

"Some Days Chickens And Some Days Feathers"

I'm sure getting tired of feathers.....time for some chicken....:lol:

special-K 10-09-2018 08:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't have to stay silent. Nobody listens when I talk anyway.

Where's the instigator of this thread anyway. And the kids who are to be taking a lesson on this?

I think this is a good place to post these selfies. One was ten years ago. Guess which one :lol:

davischevy 10-09-2018 08:28 PM

The top/first one was, but is that the same hat? It looks older in the first pic.

davischevy 10-09-2018 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=Ol Blue K20;8360315]It'ssomething my attorney taught me years ago ;):lol:

In matters where attorneys are required, you need to know when to shut up for sure.

Steeveedee 10-09-2018 10:13 PM

[quote=davischevy;8360727]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8360315)
It'ssomething my attorney taught me years ago ;):lol:

In matters where attorneys are required, you need to know when to shut up for sure.

If non- LEO people give me grief about something, I just tell them that I have attorneys on retainer, and that they are better then their attorneys. For LEO people (haven't had it happen) I will just hand them the attorney's business card. And I know when to shut my pie hole. Just need to get the wife on the same page with that one. :lol:

special-K 10-10-2018 06:10 AM

Are we confusing real life with the internet forum world? I pay a lawyer to do my talking. Here I spout it out. In other real world situations I size the other guy up, decide how much pain I can bare, and go from there :lol:

clarification: This is not a boost Tim's ego thread for me. For me it's a how much embarrassment can I handle. Doin' good so far. Have at it. High post count, close-up shot of my aging... I'm sure I can come up with more ways, but if others need to roast a person, I'm your guy (Did I really just invite that?).

Larry, you're right. It's the same old hat that hangs in my little barn I've had since the early '80s. I love clothing with wear. That one is doing a good job of wearing. Probably was the first time wearing since the earlier shot.

I'll be doing the rear brakes on my '72 soon. I have a shot my son took the last time I did them in '07. I'll have to bring this thread back with a new shot of the same.

Keith Seymore 10-10-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8360700)

I think this is a good place to post these selfies. One was ten years ago. Guess which one :lol:

Jeez!! We are the same person!!

(lol)

Stocker 10-10-2018 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 8360972)

(lol)

Like Superman and Clark Kent.... guess that explains why we never see both of you together! :lol:

abig84 10-11-2018 01:11 PM

I'm pretty new to this site but have been a member of a different one for a little over 10 years. About a month ago I went back and looked at all the threads I started when I first joined, pretty interesting how little I knew it's pretty embarrassing.

But back then I used to be a pool of knowledge on squarebodys now a days I noticed people know a lot more then I know , probably cause I forgot a lot of it. Built one like 10 years ago and has just been trouble free

davischevy 10-11-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 8360972)

(lol)

Now that right there must be scary. :lol::lol:

davischevy 10-11-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abig84 (Post 8361856)
I'm pretty new to this site but have been a member of a different one for a little over 10 years. About a month ago I went back and looked at all the threads I started when I first joined, pretty interesting how little I knew it's pretty embarrassing.

But back then I used to be a pool of knowledge on squarebodys now a days I noticed people know a lot more then I know , probably cause I forgot a lot of it. Built one like 10 years ago and has just been trouble free

I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about 67 to 72's when I joined this site. I found out otherwise real quick.

Liz 10-11-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8360163)

Attachment 1827917

Attachment 1827916

I clearly have been gone to long.. lol Tim... seriously, im lmao over here

Killer Bee 10-11-2018 03:06 PM

had no idea special-K was so handsome!

eta; never mind, just found my glasses!

:lol: JK, thank you for keeping the board fun!

special-K 10-11-2018 08:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by abig84 (Post 8361856)

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8361930)
I thought I was pretty knowledgeable about 67 to 72's when I joined this site. I found out otherwise real quick.

I really knew my stuff when I joined. I used to lurk and would see unanswered questions or wild axe guesses, so I joined in. I remember when Longhorn Man said "You're one of us now". I felt 10' tall in Smurfville. I must have hit my head pretty hard busting through the roof cuss now I'm half stupid and forgot more than I knew. What does the 10 stand for in C/10 anyway? And what about the C? Can't be Chevy because GMCs are C-series, too and 4wds are Ks... Kevys? GMCs sure don't look 150x bigger than Chevys but they are C1500s. Chevys got 5 lugs and GMCs got 6 lug, right? Big back window was an option on '67 Chevys and small window was an option on '67 GMCs, I do know that much. So many questions, so few answers.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8361948)
I clearly have been gone to long.. lol Tim... seriously, im lmao over here

Well that makes me real happy, Liz (the part about lyao, not the been away too long thing)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8361957)
had no idea special-K was so handsome!

eta; never mind, just found my glasses!

HEY! You wanna fight? :cuss: Oh, there are my readers. Uh, sorry bout that. You're right. :dohh: Dayum, what happened? :confused: Momma always said I was handsome. :sexy: I gotta go now. Pretty depressed my momma lied to me :whine:

Thought I was strong, too!