The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   WIW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   WIW,Not 1st Dibs (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=385084)

special-K 02-04-2010 10:31 PM

WIW,Not 1st Dibs

This is a "What`s It Worth" board for members who are "considering" selling parts to get help on establishing a value before listing in that "For Sale" board provided for us selling parts. It`s not meant to be a place to lurk and get a jump ahead of others on parts. It especially bothers me that some are so anxious to get a jump on it they only post their desire w/o even offering the help (giving an opinion on value) asked for by the member with the item. I see it as greed and it`s not cool. If your only interest is in buying parts please move on to the parts board and wait for what you seek to appear. By offering a price you are helping the would be seller take their first step towards selling the part. I'd like to also ask those posting a WIW thread to ignore these offers as a way to help curb the greed. Thank you.

revjames 04-23-2015 11:29 PM

Re: WIW,Not 1st Dibs

I support

CCCC 04-26-2016 05:02 PM

I support as well.

special-K 08-31-2017 06:42 AM

Figure some are asking for a value so they can decide whether they want to sell or not. It's real simple, if it's here it's not for sale yet.

Richard2112 12-16-2017 09:39 AM

So there has been almost 15k views and no questions on a part market value?

I'll test the waters.

I've recently removed a good sm465 and replaced it with a transmission with OD. I don't know how old it is but it has the typical layer of grease and no bell housing. One of the roll pins in the shifter is broken but it works. I plan on keeping it until the "new" transmission is proven road worthy (just in case I have to re-install it) I am running out of garage space so keeping the 465 isn't an option. Eventually, it's gotta go.

Worth selling?

special-K 12-16-2017 01:19 PM

Hey Richard, this thread is a sticky at the top of the WIW section. I posted it back when I was forum staff and this section had just gotten started. It was annoying with people hovering to snatch parts that the seller hadn't even had a chance to establish it's worth yet. Just thought I'd tell you so you could post down below where people will be looking.

Richard2112 12-16-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8106488)
Hey Richard, this thread is a sticky at the top of the WIW section. I posted it back when I was forum staff and this section had just gotten started. It was annoying with people hovering to snatch parts that the seller hadn't even had a chance to establish it's worth yet. Just thought I'd tell you so you could post down below where people will be looking.

Thanks. Guess I shoulda paid more attention to the post date. Ha!

special-K 02-09-2018 09:44 AM

How much ya want for them. Can I be first in line? :lol: (Just noticed you replied)