The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=376589)

lks dcvn 10-07-2016 08:42 AM

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

2 Attachment(s)
Amazing revival!

shaneschevys 10-18-2016 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1956cameo (Post 7735096)
Hey Shane! Its good to see you on the forum. I'm hoping to have it at Pate next year so you might be able see it in person then, but I will admit there is still a long way to go and funds are drying up fast. Also thanks for the Birthday wishes on Facebook. I haven't been on there in 3 years but it showed up on my wife's Facebook timeline. I also wanted to let you know that I looked into getting you better spaces at Pate but I was informed that I cant request space changes for someone else (makes sense). Take care!

No big deal on the spots. Thank you for checking! We were able to move one row over from my old spots! Hopfully you can have it at Pate next year.

gringoloco 10-18-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lks dcvn (Post 7735422)
Amazing revival!

Fo sho! It's a beaut

CMACDONALD1 10-27-2016 01:13 PM

The Blazer looks awesome! So great that you were able to save the Blazer. Makes me want to get going on my 2wd Blazer soon.

K5 MAX 01-06-2017 11:57 AM

I read your entire thread over the past week or so. Simply amazing work bringing this one back from the grave. I'm looking to start my own 69-72 K5 4WD project and all the typical rust I'm seeing out there had me scared. You've shown me its possible and how to do it! Thanks!! Any new updates?!

1956cameo 05-08-2017 06:15 PM

I apologize for not responding to everyone's posts;I just haven't been on the forum in months. The good news is that I just bought over $5,000 in parts from The Truck Shop and sent my rims to the local powder coater, and a ton of small trim parts to my local chrome shop. I should be making a ton of progress very soon with frequent updates. If everything goes as planned the Blazer should be done by the end of this summer!

lks dcvn, Thanks! You are doing a great job on your project as well.

Shaneschevys, It was great hanging out with you at Pate again this year. I still can't believe how cold it was this year! I'm just so used to associating Pate with blistering heat it was so strange to be wearing jackets.

gringoloco, Thanks again!

CMACDONALD1, Thanks! It's been very rewarding bringing this one back; especially now that it is starting to come together. I hope you get started on yours soon. Let me know, I would love to subscribe to your build thread.

K5 MAX, I'm glad glad that you aren't as intimidated by the rust on your truck after reading this thread. Granted I had a few parts trucks to get donor patches from, but there really isn't anything to metal work as long as you take your time. I will look for your build thread. There haven't been any updates since I posted in September (can't believe its been that long since I worked on it), but that is about to change VERY SOON!!

Thanks to everyone who has read my thread and posted. You are about to see the home stretch on this one!

1956cameo 05-19-2017 04:22 PM

So I purchased all of the parts needed to finish the Blazer. In the boxes is all of my Trim, A/C parts, Interior parts, weatherstripping, etc.. needed to finish the blazer. A few things were back ordered, but should arrive soon (cargo panels, carpet, seat covers).

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...psjlzvn9l6.jpg

I took my rims to get powder coated and a bunch of trim to the chrome shop. Still waiting on the chrome, but the rims came back about a week early.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...pshs8q43iw.jpg

This morning I got new tires. I was also going to get the exhaust put on the Blazer today along with a front end alignment, but our 1996 3/4 ton Suburban that we tow projects with didn't want to cooperate today. Hopefully we will get the exhaust done next Saturday.

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse3s1pwud.jpg

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...pshayxdcnz.jpg

That is all for now. I am putting small parts on here and there when I have spare time. Whenever I have enough progress to warrant pictures I will update the thread. Progress and updates should remain steady from this point forward.

lks dcvn 05-20-2017 06:21 PM

:metal: - props to you for the work you put in on this blazer! Hoping mine is close to as nice as this is. congrats on being near the end so you can just drive and enjoy it!

Big Block 05-21-2017 06:32 AM

The paint looks great and it's one of my favorite colors. I bet you're getting anxious to getter back on the road.

raggedjim 05-21-2017 10:33 AM

Great work. Must be nice to be this far along.

Are you drilling holes for the trim or using tape?

Good luck, Rg

1956cameo 05-21-2017 04:25 PM

lks dcvn, Thanks! Don't worry, your Blazer looks like it is going to come out much nicer. This one was built to be a nice cruiser and nothing more. I am very excited that it is nearing completion. My wife and I are both eager to drive the wheels off this thing once it's done!

Big Block, Thanks! I think once I get the parchment interior put back in the blue is going to really "Pop"! I can't wait to start driving this thing. It's going to be my daily driver when the weather is nice. I plan on putting 5K-10K mile a year on this thing once it's done.

raggedjim, Thanks! It certainly feels good to getting this deep into the restoration, but my bank account is hurting. I am using the holes. Like an idiot I filled in a lot of the holes during the restoration and will need to re drill them.

Nobby 05-21-2017 09:20 PM

Looks Great man! I remember we started our blazer builds about the same time. I noticed I commented on your post in 2010. Glad you hung in there and putting this beauty back on the road..

1956cameo 06-16-2017 10:38 AM

Nobby, I remember looking at your thread. For a while I was watching all of the build threads that started around the same time as this one. After a while I stopped keeping track when I kept falling further behind everyone else. Hopefully you are one of the ones that outpaced me and finished by now!!

A picture of the Blazer today. Heading to the exhaust shop to get my exhaust and front end aligned. Then it's heading to my Dad's for weatherstripping.
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...psea5kqpaq.jpg

Big Block 06-16-2017 10:53 AM

It's almost at the finish line. It's a long time coming. Congratulations.

raggedjim 06-16-2017 10:55 AM

Nice work, Rg

1956cameo 06-16-2017 05:46 PM

Big Block, It's starting to get to where I can at least envision the finish line. Of course I look at the mountain of new parts in my garage and my to do list and realize I still have a long way to go.

raggedjim, Thanks!

Tom Vogel 06-17-2017 07:45 AM

You are going to love driving with that top off! Btw... you really deserve some kind of trophy for this resurrection. Just bravo.

BIG ORANGE 06-17-2017 08:56 AM

When I need inspiration I visit this thread,,,
yr doing a Great job......

hgs_notes 06-22-2017 10:22 AM

Glad to see you're back on it. It's looking great!

1956cameo 10-01-2019 08:09 PM

I apologize to everyone that has been following this thread and never got to see the end result. The Blazer has been "finished" for almost a year and a half. Technically I have a few details to wrap up like installing the stereo and finishing the A/C. I will try to upload some new pictures soon.

Tom Vogel, Thanks for the encouragement! It has been a ton of fun to drive. I pick my kids up from school in it, we go to cruise nights, and drive ins. As long as the weather is good its out.

Big Orange, Wow. That's a hell of a compliment. Now I feel bad that I didn't finish my thread until the end.

Hgs notes, Thanks. I'm back again. Hopefully for a while!

jaros44sr 10-05-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgs_notes (Post 7973598)
Glad to see you're back on it. It's looking great!

Times 2

1956cameo 10-11-2019 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I finall figured out how to upload pictures from my phone. Anyone know how I can rotate them?

Sideways or not here are some pictures of it in Galveston.

1956cameo 10-11-2019 10:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
On Galveston seawall.

1956cameo 10-11-2019 10:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The interior.

1956cameo 10-11-2019 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The engine bay.