The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What Didn't You Do To Your Truck Today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=778569)

special-K 12-30-2018 10:24 AM

What Didn't You Do To Your Truck Today?

Humor Thread:

I guess about every year specific message board has one of these threads... or somewhat similar. I figure we need one here, too. Only this one is as much for what you didn't do as it is what you did do. It's for what you chose to do instead, what ended up happening instead, any vehicle at all, tricycle, drank beer, honey-dos and honey-don'ts. So I'll start. Not too funny, but it's a start.

Yesterday I used the step bumper on my '72 to set tools while I worked on building a carport. Then I drove it to the lumber yard for a pair of posts and 2 x 12s. I topped the tank off and gave it a dose of Startron. I figure this is the tank it will sit over winter with. Enjoying no salt on the roads!

Palf70Step 12-30-2018 10:41 AM

Re: What Didn't You Do To Your Truck Today?

I moved the 81 out of the shop yesterday to put the 06 in. I'll switch them around again when I get unlazy.

CG 12-30-2018 10:45 AM

I don't even have a running truck anymore since I sold my K truck to Randy500. But I still have truck projects. So today what I did was go out in my shop and moved a few things around, Ill move em back later. Its a never ending cycle haha!

EdwardSams 12-30-2018 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I Was ready to put in the courtesy light kit that arrived from Roger Koop (thanks Roger!) and after trying for a few minutes to get the harness disconnected (it’s stuck!) my 5 year old popped into the garage and asked me to play Nintendo... the lights will hopefully get done today.

yuccales 12-30-2018 01:30 PM

Used it as a bench. Dropped the tailgate, 4 legged best friend jumped in, enjoyed a cup of coffee sitting in the sun, lookin' at the yard.

100%Chevy 12-30-2018 02:20 PM

Well,yesterday and Friday,I rebuilt 2 mower decks behind the 68 truck.
Today,I'm building a hammer form to make a sheetmetal part for my 57.I've circled the truck several times to get to this project.
I need to replace the left rear tire on the truck too.Maybe next week!
Still trying to convince my wife I need a lift so I have room to work on her car in the shop.Ain't looking good at all!
I did straighten the side mirrors on the truck because I keep bumping them as I go around it!
Mike.:chevy:

flashed 12-30-2018 02:59 PM

I drug another one home to part out but I think were gonna finish building it .

truckster 12-30-2018 03:25 PM

I talked to it and promised to get it running this spring.

Steeveedee 12-30-2018 08:50 PM

Didn't put any recycling stuff in the bed. That'll be on Wednesday morning early when I have my son to help. Some of it is pretty heavy.

davischevy 12-30-2018 09:22 PM

I went out to bolt the rear springs on the 67 chassis, but the bolts were pretty well used up, so I'll go tomorrow and get new ones. I also made a list of parts I will need next.

kingsolver72 12-30-2018 11:26 PM

I didn’t get the rear view mirror glued back on that fell off this summer one day (of which seemed like too many) that was a 100 degrees. I’ll wait til warmer weather.

mongocanfly 12-30-2018 11:40 PM

I didnt drive my c30 today...

Greg58 12-30-2018 11:44 PM

I broke my rule about not driving my Diesel in the winter, since I realized it still has summer blend fuel in it.
Drove it for a few days, figured out it must have summer windshield juice in it too cause the squirters are frozen. Will take it up to the Fire Station tomorrow, thaw it out, give it a good bath, refuel it with winter blend, add some Power service, and put in the shop till spring.
That is why I did nothing to the 70...

ApacheNick 12-30-2018 11:48 PM

I didn't change the oil in the 72 again. We got a foot of snow the last two days so I just dumped another bottle in and we'll see what it's like next weekend.:lol:

Boog 12-31-2018 06:21 AM

While I fired up the truck, adjusted the choke and moved it outside to let it run a while, I DIDN'T drive it today, again. I may need a "plan of action" and stick to it. Ya think? :lol:

special-K 12-31-2018 09:02 AM

My '95 Suburban has the basic AM/FM. Last summer I made a trade with a member in CA, my cubby compartment for his AM/FM/Cass/CD plus I pay shipping. A great deal on better music choices, especially in the mountains. It was too hot or raining this summer so it still sits in the box. I think I won't install that today.

GOPAPA 12-31-2018 10:53 AM

I put 4 sand bags in the bed for traction ,,just in case I need to drive it this winter ..also makes for a better ride ..

rustytruck50 12-31-2018 01:09 PM

Fix the flat that didn't stay repaired, just a week ago...I'm on strike! ;):lol:

68bowtie 12-31-2018 03:02 PM

This is funny.

alsriv2 12-31-2018 04:12 PM

Haven't done a thing in a couple of weeks. Got the 396 up and running well finally and put a couple hundred miles on it. Gave up on the Holley carb and converted it to Fuel Injection using a Sniper Unit. SO far so good. Having some idle issues, not sure if TQ converter is causing problems or if it is temperature related. Running at 75mph I am only reaching 160 deg and the Sniper likes to see 170-180 as near as I can tell. When I get a chance and it stops being winter down here in SE AZ, (should be next week) I will start it up and see what happens.

special-K 01-06-2019 10:15 AM

C'mon, you all are slackin'. I'm sure many of you didn't do anything yesterday and won't be today. Lately I've had a project I'm doing 'for' my truck... but not today! :lol:

I'm building a single carport (at least and finally!) for the '72. With limited funds, limited area to build, uncertain how long I'll be here, being slack on work, AND, having free metal & purlin material from a job a year ago on a Morton bldg and free Douglas Fir 2x6 rafter material from taking a free-standing three-car garage down last spring, I made the decision on this.

I worked the Saturday before Christmas for a customer with a lot of work I'm just getting started with. Between the holidays and other things I've been stalled and going nuts... other than enjoying the holiday stuff. I started off deciding to dig piers & pour before the ground freezes. The concrete wouldn't cost much. I already had post & beam material for the back wall, too, so I got that up and the footers in, had more time, so decided to eek out the money for the rest of the post & beam material. Actually, it went one set of posts and beam at a time, as I'd discover I was stalled another day. So three trips to the lumber yard, not so economical. No camera yet, but it's all framed up with first row of roof on, about 40%. I had to order more roof screws so not going to work on THAT today.

Grumpy old man 01-06-2019 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well yesterday it was 40 and sunny and I had plans to finish welding and spraying a coat of 2K to seal it up on the firewall shave job ,But when I looked at the weather and saw today was going to be 60+ and sunny I did NOTHING on Sat and today I've already added more to the plan so what I should have done yesterday I'll have to get finished today + adding a solid seam of panel adhesive to the back of the firewall after removing so much of the metal by removing the drain gutter completely . It's all welded solid but for the time and materials it will make me feel better about it .:smoke:

I'm not sure who's truck this picture is but this is the end result I'm working towards fire wall wise .:chevy:

special-K 01-06-2019 11:07 AM

Nice looking engine room. Medium Olive can sure look sharp!!

FleetsidePaul 01-06-2019 02:18 PM

I was going to take my old girl out for a spin. But I drank an ice cold Heineken and took a nap instead.

Retirement sucks. :D

davischevy 01-06-2019 02:19 PM

I went out yesterday and finished up the rear brakes, and bolted rear suspension parts on the 67. Shock relocators, adjustable panhard bar,etc.

I put the differential vent tube on, but I didn't have a vent, so I didn't put one on, but I ordered some for stock.

My goal is to get this 67 rolling, so I can move it out of the spot it's in, so I can put my two post lift back up, so I can lift the cab off the K10. So, I guess I didn't get the cab off the K10 either.