The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Brought another one home (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=741087)

richard2717 06-26-2017 09:16 PM

Brought another one home
 
5 Attachment(s)
I saw this one on one of my FB pages and had to have it. Drove 4 hrs each way in a rollback to get it, but got it for a decent price. Originally I was going to part out but I am having serious 2nd thoughts. 3 row seating and perfect headliner. It was originally 402 and had tilt wheel but of course they are gone. Good thing is I have everything here except the tilt to put it back original. Needs all the lower metal work as is typical for these parts but i already have most of the panels.
The interior had some mildew (1st seat pic) but seats are cleaning up real nice (2nd seat pic). A couple things I noticed is even with all the lower rust the gate "appears" to be rust free. The hatch only has two small spots at the bottom I can see. I pulled the carpet up out of the back area and it has factory rubber floor mat in it, but it is not black like the front two. Instead it is more of a saddle color. I am guessing it must have been added later. Still has complete factory jack setup in the back and looks as if it was never used. I have been so busy at work the last few weeks/ months I have not had much time to work on trucks period but I could not pass this one up. I have a 373 rear here (non posi & 6 lug) to put under it for now to get it back rolling and I have a non tilt column in real nice shape so i can steer it a little easier. Here are a few pics.


.

bigrigpardo 06-26-2017 09:26 PM

Re: Brought another one home
 
ok I gots to know. lol. what did you get it for. this came from a board member here jess zicc1835. it was a complete rig when he bought it he took the 402 posi rear tilt and tach and sold it to that guy but that guy was a pain in the ass to get a hold of and make a deal.

richard2717 06-26-2017 11:21 PM

Re: Brought another one home
 
Thats weird, I had no issue getting in touch with him. He sent me almost 40 pics of it in current condition before I went up. He has a 4x4 one as well that we tried to make a package deal out of but It is completely taken apart and the only way I could get it home was on the wheel lift behind the rollback. Did not feel comfortable with a 4 hour trip so i just got this one. The tow bill cost me as much as the burb did but i think it was still worth it because of the interior. The guy was supposed to get in touch with Jess to see if he still had the cowl panel for it but have not heard back on that. I have 4 other burbs to rob parts off of to get it back together.

Dieselwrencher 06-26-2017 11:43 PM

Re: Brought another one home
 
That looks like a nice one for sure. They are getting harder to find!

LockDoc 06-26-2017 11:55 PM

Re: Brought another one home
 
-
Good deal Richard! Glad you got it home without any issues. That interior looks great! It's amazing what a little elbow grease will do..... I found a '72 with a 402 and a few other goodies a few miles from me but we can't get together on a price.

LockDoc

richard2717 06-27-2017 07:22 AM

Re: Brought another one home
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 7977659)
-
Good deal Richard! Glad you got it home without any issues. That interior looks great! It's amazing what a little elbow grease will do..... I found a '72 with a 402 and a few other goodies a few miles from me but we can't get together on a price.

LockDoc

And the key works all the locks including the gate, 1st time for everything :lol:

LockDoc 06-27-2017 12:58 PM

Re: Brought another one home
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 7977751)
And the key works all the locks including the gate, 1st time for everything :lol:


Man you got lucky, that doesn't happen too often any more....:)

LockDoc

zicc1835 06-28-2017 10:59 PM

Re: Brought another one home
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 7977627)
Thats weird, I had no issue getting in touch with him. He sent me almost 40 pics of it in current condition before I went up. He has a 4x4 one as well that we tried to make a package deal out of but It is completely taken apart and the only way I could get it home was on the wheel lift behind the rollback. Did not feel comfortable with a 4 hour trip so i just got this one. The tow bill cost me as much as the burb did but i think it was still worth it because of the interior. The guy was supposed to get in touch with Jess to see if he still had the cowl panel for it but have not heard back on that. I have 4 other burbs to rob parts off of to get it back together.


Richard ,
good to hear you took this off Teds hands ....he was in a little over his skis great ideas but hard for him to follow thru i took what i wanted and made a good deal for him and I the interior is super condition as you said...i was supposed to get the trailing arms with the rear before he let it go as you know his father passed but he didn't let me know it was going ,....lets see f we can make a deal for the cowl / arms
thanks
Jess

CountofMonteCarlo84 07-14-2017 12:24 PM

Re: Brought another one home
 
Get that back on the road. Too nice to part.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com