The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Porterbuilt sway bar HELP!! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=569125)

gofast68c20 03-04-2013 10:45 PM

Porterbuilt sway bar HELP!!

I've got Porterbuilt's mild front and rear dropmembers on my truck with 1" narrowed control arms. I'm not sure which way the sway bar goes, over the tie rod or under. With it mounted on the frame where the instuctions say and under the tie rod, the spindle hits the sway bar with the wheels turned. With it over the tie rods the sway bar links hit the tie rods when aired out which keeps the frame from going all the way down. I mocked up the sway bar approx 1" further back with it over the tie rods and now all is good except when set at low ride height the spindle hits the sway bar when the wheels are turned. Any suggestion/ pictures would be great. I will post pics soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

gofast68c20 03-04-2013 11:02 PM

Re: Porterbuilt sway bar HELP!!

1 Attachment(s)
This is with the suspension aired out wheels straight and sway bar about 1" back.
Posted via Mobile Device

gofast68c20 03-04-2013 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Top view, just realized looking at these pictures that maybe I need a narrowed sway bar.
Posted via Mobile Device

PBFAB.COM 03-05-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gofast68c20 (Post 5927730)
Top view, just realized looking at these pictures that maybe I need a narrowed sway bar.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is different linkage for the 1"narrowed arms. I will give you a buzz tomorrow to get you taken care of!

Nate
Posted via Mobile Device

Bennett68C10 03-05-2013 09:43 AM

Nate will I need this linkage as well with my Touring Dropmeber, 1" narrowed arms and my sway bar.

gofast68c20 03-05-2013 09:45 AM

Thanks Nate, looking forward to hearing from you.
Posted via Mobile Device

gofast68c20 03-05-2013 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I think I figured it out! There is no way it will work with the sway bar over the tierod. I put it under the tierod with 1 bushing between it and the control arms. Cycled the suspension up and down with the wheels turned and everything clears!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Gipper01 07-19-2014 05:20 PM

Nate, I received the sway bar with the extended linkage when I ordered my mild front dropmember with 1" narrow control arms. Should I have the shorter sway bar linkage setup in order to avoid wheel and modular drop spindle interference.

calvin78612 07-19-2014 09:13 PM

I too have the 1" narrowed upper & lowers, still waiting on my sway bar ( 2 months) i hope i receive the correct one. I ordered my sway bar and arms from Travis.

PBFAB.COM 07-21-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gipper01 (Post 6767398)
Nate, I received the sway bar with the extended linkage when I ordered my mild front dropmember with 1" narrow control arms. Should I have the shorter sway bar linkage setup in order to avoid wheel and modular drop spindle interference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvin78612 (Post 6767680)
I too have the 1" narrowed upper & lowers, still waiting on my sway bar ( 2 months) i hope i receive the correct one. I ordered my sway bar and arms from Travis.

Sorry for the delayed response... I just don't have the same amount of time to spend over here that I used to. In the future, for a more timely response, please use our direct email: sales@pbfab.com or tech@pbfab.com

I do have one of our team members monitoring PMs, but we don't always make it into the forums.

We have been having some "issues" with ADDCO for several months now. It has reached the point to where we are looking into a "plan B" to resolve the issue. This is taking a little time, so we are keeping the current orders with them until "Plan B" is solidified and tangible. They are telling us they will be caught up "shortly" but are not willing to give us an exact date as of yet. We are doing all we can to get our customers the sway bars that are on backorder. This issue will be resolved soon.

Feel free to send any tech questions to tech@pbfab.com I answer them personally.

Nate

Gipper01 08-23-2014 06:26 PM

Thanks To the PB Team, I received the correct sway bar to LCA linkage:clap::clap: Once I mount the tires, set the ride height, and install the sway bar w/linkage, I'll snap a few pics and post them to the forum.

59GMCApache 12-21-2017 10:17 PM

Do you have the pics of the sway bar and tie rod route?

Gipper01 12-22-2017 12:40 AM

I'll get around to snapping a few shots and post them within a day or two.