The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   How about some pics of Static Dropped C-10's (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=471442)

fastcam1 06-25-2011 01:03 AM

How about some pics of Static Dropped C-10's
 
Anyone have pics of a static drop around 5/7 with 20's?
Posted via Mobile Device

fastcam1 06-25-2011 05:43 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
Nobody? I know there has to be Simone
Posted via Mobile Device

leddzepp 06-25-2011 06:06 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
<--- I have a 5/7 drop, but with 15" rallyes...

fastcam1 06-25-2011 08:10 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
Nice truck!!!
Alright what about just 5/7 drop any size rim 15 17 18
Posted via Mobile Device

lolife99 06-25-2011 10:37 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
1 Attachment(s)
5.5"/7.5" static drop,...

19seventeeCustom 06-25-2011 11:05 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
^^ gotta love keith's truck!!!!

ebfabman 06-25-2011 11:12 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
1 Attachment(s)
5-7 on 20's

fastcam1 06-26-2011 12:09 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4755821)
5.5"/7.5" static drop,...

First off love the truck and can never forget the blazer, do you know how tall the tires on the truck compare to the tires on the blazer?
Posted via Mobile Device

lolife99 06-26-2011 12:13 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fastcam1 (Post 4756029)
First off love the truck and can never forget the blazer, do you know how tall the tires on the truck compare to the tires on the blazer?
Posted via Mobile Device

Truck tires are:
215/70-15
275/60-15

Blazer tires are:
245/40-20
295/40-20

Here's the blazer air'd out,.... with the same size tires on 15" ralleys.

fastcam1 06-26-2011 12:19 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4756036)
Truck tires are:
215/70-15
275/60-15

Blazer tires are:
245/40-20
295/40-20

Here's the blazer air'd out,.... with the same size tires on 15" ralleys.

Do you have any pics of the blazer at ride height with either set of wheels?
Posted via Mobile Device

lolife99 06-26-2011 12:37 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
1 Attachment(s)
This is approximate ride height,... I can drive it lower,... but this is where the front alignment was good.

fastcam1 06-26-2011 12:45 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4756095)
This is approximate ride height,... I can drive it lower,... but this is where the front alignment was good.

Nice :) now I gotta ask you after bagging the blazer and comparing that too the other two trucks do you plan to bag them also or you content with the static drop? The reason I ask is due to the tight budget im on im contemplating going back to static
Posted via Mobile Device

lolife99 06-26-2011 12:53 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
I drove my blazer static dropped for a couple years.
That gave me time to save money for the air bags and a "good" air management system.

Driving my red truck, as low as it is,... looks cool,... but you really have to watch things in the road.
The a-arms are really close to the ground.
A 4/6 drop is much more streetable.
I'd like to put a set of cheap 20's on the red truck,... but they would rub the inner fenders. (and I don't really want to remove them)

I love the adjustability of air bags.
Plus the ride is great.

My next truck project will have a Dropmember under the front.
You get the best of both worlds.
Really low ride height,... plus increased ground clearance.

fastcam1 06-26-2011 12:58 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4756134)
I drove my blazer static dropped for a couple years.
That gave me time to save money for the air bags and a "good" air management system.

Driving my red truck, as low as it is,... looks cool,... but you really have to watch things in the road.
The a-arms are really close to the ground.
A 4/6 drop is much more streetable.
I'd like to put a set of cheap 20's on the red truck,... but they would rub the inner fenders. (and I don't really want to remove them)

I love the adjustability of air bags.
Plus the ride is great.

My next truck project will have a Dropmember under the front.
You get the best of both worlds.
Really low ride height,... plus increased ground clearance.

Ya all im missing for suspension is the air management I've thought about selling my thorbecke a arms to pay for it. Just don't know what to do by the way do you know what the 6 lug 5x7 rallies are off of ihave a set of 5x8's but like how you did yous
Posted via Mobile Device

lolife99 06-26-2011 01:04 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fastcam1 (Post 4756148)
Ya all im missing for suspension is the air management I've thought about selling my thorbecke a arms to pay for it. Just don't know what to do by the way do you know what the 6 lug 15x7 rallies are off of i have a set of 5x8's but like how you did yous
Posted via Mobile Device

They were on some 70's 4x4 blazers,... from what I've been told.
They are really hard to find.
I have a buddy that has 4 or 6 of them, but I think he's just hoarding them. Ha.

fastcam1 06-26-2011 01:12 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4756159)
They were on some 70's 4x4 blazers,... from what I've been told.
They are really hard to find.
I have a buddy that has 4 or 6 of them, but I think he's just hoarding them. Ha.

I would probably hoard em too lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr79C10 06-26-2011 05:50 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
[IMG]https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/...e/dsc00786.jpg[/IMG]


Here's mine

2500HD 06-26-2011 01:02 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
3 Attachment(s)
here is mine.

lolife99 06-26-2011 08:40 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500HD (Post 4756730)
here is mine.

That truck is soooooooooooooooo sweet!^^^:metal:

fastcam1 06-26-2011 09:01 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500HD (Post 4756730)
here is mine.

Definitely one cool ride
Posted via Mobile Device

tcb-1 06-26-2011 09:53 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 4757337)
That truck is soooooooooooooooo sweet!^^^:metal:


just about ready to say that too, Keith!!

2500HD 06-27-2011 08:15 PM

Re: static drop pics
 
Thanks guys. I buzz the inner fender every now and then. Lolife I know you would have rub issues. By the way, the blazer is really cool.

19seventeeCustom 06-28-2011 10:08 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
2500hd, killer truck!!

Keith,

why are you hesitant to remove the inner fenders? (on the red truck)

lolife99 06-28-2011 10:16 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 19seventeeCustom (Post 4760363)
Keith,
why are you hesitant to remove the inner fenders? (on the red truck)

I'm not really working on the '69 right now.
My plan is to keep it static dropped on 15's and just drive it.
(maybe 15" Torq Thrust Original A spoke wheels or Torq Thrust D's some day)

Pulling the inner fenders just makes a mess under the hood.
Plus I have a long gravel driveway.
I can see rocks exiting the tires and dimpling the underside of the hood.

19seventeeCustom 06-28-2011 10:30 AM

Re: static drop pics
 
Ok I gotcha, lol

The reason I asked is because my inner fenders are still outta my truck, from installing the drop parts. Before they get reinstalled they were getting a fresh coat of paint. I have been driving around without them for a month or so, and it does get the underside of the hood dirty, but I try not to drive the truck in the rain (no gravel here either)

Just a question for ya.......Thanks

btw, that blazer is just toooooo cooolllll!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com