The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   LSx Classifieds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=247)
-   -   What would you give? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=771335)

1971Stepside 09-14-2018 10:45 AM

What would you give?

2 Attachment(s)
I smoothed my intake and plastic welded the holes, filled and sanded and sanded and sanded and then had it dipped with the carbon fiber. I think it turned out really well. Curious if anyone would buy these. I have a hard cost with the dipping, so I'm not sure it will be worth the work. What kind of price would you put on one of these?

biketopia 09-14-2018 11:33 AM

Re: What would you give?

There was a guy on facebook selling smoothed truck intakes a few months ago. I screenshot it but it's on my other phone. He got significant interest, I'll see what he was selling em for. The truck intakes look really really good once cleaned up. And flow better than car ones.

Custom 68 09-14-2018 12:23 PM

I think it is a great idea, I smoothed and cleaned mine up. I painted it but did look at the option for hydrodip. There are lots of options on that it appeared.
The only thing to remember is the difference in how the cable mounts if it is drive by cable not wire. but that is not a problem to just remember to leave the mount for the bracket. I got cut happy and ended up making a mount and bolted it to the intake.
Dave

bad 71 chevy 09-15-2018 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like my smoothed intake traded 2 stock truck intakes and a stock square port truck intake for mine, like that dipped look might do something more with mine, just focas on getting it in the truck.

Sorry its sideways posting from phone

TCCGRIZ 09-16-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1971Stepside (Post 8344255)
I smoothed my intake and plastic welded the holes, filled and sanded and sanded and sanded and then had it dipped with the carbon fiber. I think it turned out really well. Curious if anyone would buy these. I have a hard cost with the dipping, so I'm not sure it will be worth the work. What kind of price would you put on one of these?

That's pretty . I'd be interested. I have a tbss that I'm using .

1971Stepside 09-16-2018 09:45 PM

I think with the dipping we would be getting close to 450 dollars to make it worth while. That is probably too steep for most. It is a lot of work and I have no flexibility on the hydro end of it

PGSigns 09-17-2018 07:06 AM

You may want to offer them prepped for paint or dipped. That would expand your market. I think there is a good market for the prepped ones.
Jimmy

michael bustamante 09-23-2018 11:59 AM

I'd give my klondike bar.. lol
For reals though I'd be interested in a smoothed one prepped.

1971Stepside 09-25-2018 05:25 PM

I'll work on one in the next week or so and post it. Have a business trip this week, so it will be next before I could even start on one.