The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Crewcab Ebay-Nice (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=781090)

EVRLET 02-07-2019 09:57 PM

Crewcab Ebay-Nice

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevro...7:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Maybe it’s a board member’s ride. Nice truck

projectking 02-07-2019 10:50 PM

Re: Crewcab Ebay-Nice

Seen that, definitely sharp!

rustytruck50 02-07-2019 11:07 PM

Sharp truck...love to have one like this :cool:

Husker 02-07-2019 11:39 PM

That is nice, its all cordless. No wires
Ron

special-K 02-08-2019 06:53 AM

I'd rather nave the Suburban they hacked up.

EVRLET 02-08-2019 11:47 AM

I’m starting to see more crewcabs appear from chopped suburbans. So you can cheer because suburban prices may go up for more of these conversions. Or be saddened because they’re getting hacked up.

HO455 02-08-2019 12:25 PM

I'm in the sad group. I don't care for crew cabs especially if they have short boxes.

C-ries 02-08-2019 02:51 PM

What's up with the speedometer? It's over to about 110 mph in park and engine off.

Warrens69GMC 02-08-2019 04:23 PM

Who's the first to bid?

:D

zicc1835 02-08-2019 06:42 PM

not a crew cab guy....but very nicely done

YBNORML 02-08-2019 08:28 PM

That’s a nice truck!! Lots and lots of amazing fabrication there.

special-K 02-08-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVRLET (Post 8461397)
I’m starting to see more crewcabs appear from chopped suburbans. So you can cheer because suburban prices may go up for more of these conversions. Or be saddened because they’re getting hacked up.

That's a selfish attitude, if a Suburban owner feels that way. I'm not cheering because prices on Suburbans are going up. I don't own one, so that sucks. If I want to invest I'll buy silver. I like the trucks more than money.

:cool:

countr 02-08-2019 08:53 PM

I agree with special-k. But not only the suburban's, the 67/72 trucks are getting the same abuse. It wont be long our kids and grandkids cannot see this history or be able to own an original from this era. Just modified steel. Russ

YBNORML 02-08-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countr (Post 8461781)
I agree with special-k. But not only the suburban's, the 67/72 trucks are getting the same abuse. It wont be long our kids and grandkids cannot see this history or be able to own an original from this era. Just modified steel. Russ

So what? Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to their own personal property. Because you don’t like it, it’s abuse?

In the past I’ve been the recipient of this attitude in PM, I had a lovely member call me a vandal and a few other “choice” names for building my Blazer to my liking.

Threads like this are why the custom builders stay away from this site. Most of them have moved to other formats like Instagram. The op posted a link to a well built custom truck. And it didn’t take more than a few posts for members to start whining about cutting up a stock truck. Some people modify for the better some for the worse, it doesn’t matter, it’s their personal property. I have mentioned to a few local guys about joining the site, the usual response goes something like this “ already joined, lots of great info but too many complaints about customs so I don’t post or really go on anymore”

For the most part this site is absolutely awesome. I’ve been a member for a long time and a lurker for a lot longer. But attitudes like this just ruin it. At this rate, eventually this place will be about as fun as the HAMB.

Dieselwrencher 02-09-2019 12:09 AM

I guarantee the government has ruined more of our trucks, burbs, and blazers by the stuff they put on the roads than cut off wheels and saws all blades have done. You better start writing letters to them.......

I for one like both and give them props on building a sweet crew cab. My dream truck is a 67-72 crew cab. Maybe after the next 8 projects, I can finally build one.

cornerstone 02-09-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YBNORML (Post 8461827)
So what? Everyone is entitled to do whatever they want to their own personal property.

And it didn’t take more than a few posts for members to start WHINING about cutting up a stock truck. Some people modify for the better some for the worse, it doesn’t matter, it’s their personal property.

But ATTITUDES like this just ruin it. At this rate, eventually this place will be about as fun as the HAMB.

Couldn't have said it better. Seems clear to me the higher the post count the bigger the whiny butt attitude.

EVRLET 02-09-2019 01:39 AM

Let’s get ready to rumble :sumo:

That’s why I love my sig

|
|
|
|
V

zicc1835 02-09-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8461933)
I guarantee the government has ruined more of our trucks, burbs, and blazers by the stuff they put on the roads than cut off wheels and saws all blades have done. You better start writing letters to them.......

I for one like both and give them props on building a sweet crew cab. My dream truck is a 67-72 crew cab. Maybe after the next 8 projects, I can finally build one.

X2 thanks RYAN

I would like to referesh your memories of the past adminstaratons program and the slaughter of some classics and future classics that went on nation wide

The Car Allowance Rebate System (Cars), Colloquially Known As "Cash For Clunkers", Was A $3 Billion U.S. Federal Scrappage Program Intended To Provide Economic Incentives To U.S. Residents To Purchase A New, More Fuel-Efficient Vehicle When Trading In A Less Fuel-Efficient Vehicle.

CG 02-09-2019 10:18 AM

I really like the way it was done. The rear door window frames, drip rails, and roof profile, all really make this truck work for me. Are there things I would change, yes. But it would be silly to buy a truck for this much dough and change it up ... Ok, unless you had silly money haha.

As far as cutting up a truck or modifying a truck (or car) to fit my likes, I certainly don't let my boxers get in a bunch if someone makes a negative comment. Its beyond weird to me someone would shoot a PM off complaining about what someone did to their personal truck. But the internet has been humming along for a very long time now and I think we all know its brought out the trolls and keyboard commandos. Its not a game I play, so they have no effect on me.

71blksuper4x4 02-09-2019 10:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ever since I seen project penicillin, I have been wanting a crew cab. They serve their purpose today more now as compared back in the day. When prices of new trucks are upwards of $55K-80K, I knew that I could have all the truck of today but in my favorite body style and options of yester years for a lot less.

I was fortunate that member LocDoc was about to scrap a suburban body back around 2008-2010 range. My father and I made the journey to Iowa and drug home a rusty 71 suburban destined to become China metal.

This project started in 2014 and was initially going to be powered by a 454tbi, th400, and np205 from a parts truck. When I started looking at the new truck prices and seen what a new Or used Chevy HD duramax brought, I wanted to make my own version with what I wanted in a truck. I wanted a truck with all the cabilities to haul, tow, and take a family anywhere I wanted. I chose a short bed, as I am a swb 4x4 guy, and they fact that I did not want to try and park something 20 ft long.

I am very proud to have gotten this far on my build in these 4-5 years. I am my own one-man show. I do not have a crew of 3-10 guys or flying in professionals to do the job taking my years wage. I work on mine from time to time, while still enjoying life. I applaud any one of our members or the single car garage warriors who tackle their own projects. I don’t consider it a waste of a vehicle at all. If that person finishes his or her’s vision, that’s way better than scrapping or parting out.

va72longhorn 02-09-2019 11:51 AM

Nice truck, although a half ton crew cab wouldn’t go very far with me. For that money, I’d rather have something like Trevor’s. But again, everyone has their own preferences. I’ve been contemplating turning my c30 longhorn into a dually with an aluminum gooseneck bed. Some think I’m crazy, some think it’ll be cool. I’m just at the age where I like everything to earn it’s keep.

YBNORML 02-09-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 (Post 8462065)
Ever since I seen project penicillin, I have been wanting a crew cab. They serve their purpose today more now as compared back in the day. When prices of new trucks are upwards of $55K-80K, I knew that I could have all the truck of today but in my favorite body style and options of yester years for a lot less.

I was fortunate that member LocDoc was about to scrap a suburban body back around 2008-2010 range. My father and I made the journey to Iowa and drug home a rusty 71 suburban destined to become China metal.

This project started in 2014 and was initially going to be powered by a 454tbi, th400, and np205 from a parts truck. When I started looking at the new truck prices and seen what a new Or used Chevy HD duramax brought, I wanted to make my own version with what I wanted in a truck. I wanted a truck with all the cabilities to haul, tow, and take a family anywhere I wanted. I chose a short bed, as I am a swb 4x4 guy, and they fact that I did not want to try and park something 20 ft long.

I am very proud to have gotten this far on my build in these 4-5 years. I am my own one-man show. I do not have a crew of 3-10 guys or flying in professionals to do the job taking my years wage. I work on mine from time to time, while still enjoying life. I applaud any one of our members or the single car garage warriors who tackle their own projects. I don’t consider it a waste of a vehicle at all. If that person finishes his or her’s vision, that’s way better than scrapping or parting out.

That’s a nice truck!!!

OldMoparsRule 02-09-2019 02:20 PM

If I am not mistaken, it is on Craigslist in Scottsdale AZ. for $85k.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...813521532.html

Walk Through Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOOAPTTid1k&t=
Interior Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rpsgfm4qeE
Start Up Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJqExXZJNy0

Sweet truck, but $85k is a bigger PO than I can get approved... ;-)

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Madkidd007 02-09-2019 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 71blksuper4x4 (Post 8462065)

This fits my thoughts almost perfect. I’m in your boat, taking something that would get cut for parts or thrown away anyways. Vehicles like this can either be a perfectly good vehicle chopped up, or saved and reborn in different form. Custom vehicles don’t ruin them, they gain interest. What would the 32 deuce coupe be in stock form and never hot hodded, just another old vehicle.
Last little thing to think on guys when you say it’s a half ton, or it’s a short bed, it’s practicality is no different than a new truck setup the same way, just a matter of whose lifestyle it fits.
2015 equivelant and I’m sure plenty of people would enjoy driving it everyday

cornerstone 02-09-2019 05:42 PM

I’ve been thinking about this truck just about non stop. For my needs this is the perfect truck. If I get the hankering to do another build, this would be it. That being said, I am now in the market for a 67-68 suburban, so if any of y’all have a super clean, highly opted, garage kept original paint example, let me know.

I’m joking of course. But do keep your eyes open for a good candidate that would otherwise be headed to the crusher.