The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Heavy Haulers (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=239)
-   -   C30,C40,C50 pics needed for TV show (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773119)

chrisduketv 10-11-2018 11:50 PM

C30,C40,C50 pics needed for TV show

Hey guys, just signed up and was hoping you could help!

My name is Chris Duke www.chrisduke.tv and I'm the host/producer of Motorz TV www.motorz.tv. I'm producing a series of episodes for the 8th season about 67-72 Chevy trucks.

In the first episode of this series we're talking about the history of 67-72 trucks, and then subsequent episodes will focus on building a 69 C10 from the frame up!

The reason for this post, however, is to ask for some help. During this episode (in the final days of post-production), the following trucks from 67-72 are referenced:

- C30
- C40
- C50
- C60
- K5 Blazer
- K20
- Towing truck
- Wrecking truck

I would love to be able to add some b-roll (photos over talking scenes) to help support the on-camera spoken words about those trucks. Each photo would be on-screen for a second or two.

I can credit your name in exchange. I need these soon, though. Feel free to PM me or you can reach me at https://chrisduke.tv/contact

special-K 10-12-2018 05:31 AM

Re: C30,C40,C50 pics needed for TV show

Hey Chris, welcome to the site from Maryland. I have plenty of pictures, and we have another forum, if you scroll down, named "Heavy Haulers" for the medium duty-ups above C/30. There you will find a couple picture thread stickies with a boat load of pictures, also quite a few build threads of various nature.

Your first post seems legit and probable. But, we see a lot of scammers showing up here with their sneaky link inserted... which to me are very poor attempts on an obvious scam. They get the boot pronto lickety split. Either you are legitimate or this is the best scam, yet. I am not wanting to be assumptive here and am sure you can get plenty of help from us for what you need. But I doubt most will click your links before being more familiar with you. I believe you, just thought I'd let you know what to expect. Maybe some here are familiar with your business*. Post up here to help us become better acquainted. You have come to the right place for a resource on, especially, the older trucks

EDIT: I just Googled your website and now the only question is whether this is who you are. Sorry for casting any doubt. To be honest, I'm not up on TV these days and could very well be the only one here who has NOT heard of you. Again, just letting you know my reaction to seeing a first post with links inserted. * Maybe I'm clueless :confused:. I didn't edit anything out from before I checked, which could prove embarrassing for me in short order. Maybe I need a second coffee. Welcome to the site, Chris.

special-K 10-12-2018 07:45 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple C/30s I've owned. No great pictures, though. I wish I had taken pictures of the gold former Winnebago work truck I built, when it was fresh as in the first picture. Secomd picture was last job I used it on:

sweetk30 10-12-2018 09:53 AM

nice to see tv guys doing correct vehicle research .

but it looks like you missed the first 3 sticky threads in this section that are nothing but big truck pic threads . and #2 is c40-c60 type stuff specific .

HO455 10-12-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8362497)

EDIT: I just Googled your website and now the only question is whether this is who you are. Sorry for casting any doubt. To be honest, I'm not up on TV these days and could very well be the only one here who has NOT heard of you. Again, just letting you know my reaction to seeing a first post with links inserted. * Maybe I'm clueless :confused:. I didn't edit anything out from before I checked, which could prove embarrassing for me in short order. Maybe I need a second coffee. Welcome to the site, Chris.

What is this TV thing you talk about?

chrisduketv 10-12-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8362497)
Hey Chris, welcome to the site from Maryland. I have plenty of pictures, and we have another forum, if you scroll down, named "Heavy Haulers" for the medium duty-ups above C/30. There you will find a couple picture thread stickies with a boat load of pictures, also quite a few build threads of various nature.

Your first post seems legit and probable. But, we see a lot of scammers showing up here with their sneaky link inserted... which to me are very poor attempts on an obvious scam. They get the boot pronto lickety split. Either you are legitimate or this is the best scam, yet. I am not wanting to be assumptive here and am sure you can get plenty of help from us for what you need. But I doubt most will click your links before being more familiar with you. I believe you, just thought I'd let you know what to expect. Maybe some here are familiar with your business*. Post up here to help us become better acquainted. You have come to the right place for a resource on, especially, the older trucks

Thank you for the unusual welcome. Trust me I am who I say I am, and I'm not here to scam anyone. I'm just reaching out for help to the 67-72 Chevy/GMC community. That's all...

P.S. The links weren't advertorial. I'm not selling anything. They were just a quick way for people to click a link to validate my show and who I am, without going into a lot of detail.

chrisduketv 10-12-2018 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetk30 (Post 8362749)
nice to see tv guys doing correct vehicle research .

but it looks like you missed the first 3 sticky threads in this section that are nothing but big truck pic threads . and #2 is c40-c60 type stuff specific .

Thank you. That's exactly all I'm trying to do.

I didn't miss anything, really... or the pages of Google image search results. The problem is getting written permission from individuals to use their photographs--not photos taken from someone else, or downloaded from Google, etc. So I'm looking for authentic people, who have taken good photos of the aforementioned vehicles and want to help contribute to my show. I'd try PMing a bunch, but I'm sure that such activities as a new user would be limited.

chrisduketv 10-12-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8362517)
Here are a couple C/30s I've owned. No great pictures, though. I wish I had taken pictures of the gold former Winnebago work truck I built, when it was fresh as in the first picture. Secomd picture was last job I used it on:

I'll send you a PM about your photos :)

Chevyland 10-12-2018 02:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some
These are all my pictures
And of trucks I own now or owned in the past when I took the picture

Below - c30

Chevyland 10-12-2018 02:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
K20’s

Chevyland 10-12-2018 02:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
K5 Blazer

If I am in any way able to help you with your show, please ask
Thanks, Eric

chrisduketv 10-12-2018 02:16 PM

Chevyland... thank you! Some great stuff. The forum downgrades the quality considerably so I'll PM you with some links to the ones I'd like to have larger resolutions of, if available.

Thank you for your help!

Joe Pass 10-12-2018 03:02 PM

Good luck with your project....followed you a bit and it looks like your having too much fun lol....Joe

chrisduketv 10-12-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Pass (Post 8362932)
Good luck with your project....followed you a bit and it looks like your having too much fun lol....Joe

Thank you Joe! Chevyland came through with flying colors, emailing me a ton of great photos for use in the episode. He's a life saver. Can't wait to get this one out.

You're right it's going to be a fun-filled bunch of C10 build episodes!

sweetk30 10-12-2018 04:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
my dads old 1970 k20 . 350 / 4speed sm465 / np205 t-case / dana 44 open knuckle drum brake front / dana 60 power-lok posi rear both with 4.56 gears . tow truck push bumper with a custom plow frame between it and the truck . had a 8ft 6in wide meyers blade on it for winter time use . was a copper / bronze paint color with white top half . gosh i miss that old tank she would work and work and work .

i still have the hood and front bumper tho . some day i will recreate this truck .

here is the hood in its new life .

chrisduketv 10-12-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetk30 (Post 8362982)
my dads old 1970 k20 . 350 / 4speed sm465 / np205 t-case / dana 44 open knuckle drum brake front / dana 60 power-lok posi rear both with 4.56 gears . tow truck push bumper with a custom plow frame between it and the truck . had a 8ft 6in wide meyers blade on it for winter time use . was a copper / bronze paint color with white top half . gosh i miss that old tank she would work and work and work .

i still have the hood and front bumper tho . some day i will recreate this truck .

here is the hood in its new life .

Thank you! I think I've got everything I need now to wrap things up. Greatly appreciated. I may need something more in the future... who knows! A whole lot of new episodes featuring classic Chevy trucks are planned.

special-K 10-12-2018 11:52 PM

Hey Chris, just want you to know my original post was intended more to advise you that others my be suspect of a first post with links than to suggest you were not who you said you were. Also, I literally just because forum staff again last night and my post was absolutely on the fellow member level, not at all on a moderating level.

I realize now that the pictures of the gold truck I offered were scanned from pre-digital prints, hence very low resolution.

txagincali 10-15-2018 12:04 PM

Hey Chris,
If you are needing some real world examples, Ron over at Drifters Garage in Escondido is building a killer C40 Dually Rig Setup that's almost complete. He also has a number of C10 and K20 pickups in his collection there that I'm sure would work well with your show. He was a real nice guy I met a few weeks ago and wound up picking up a chassis from his shop this weekend, and only a few miles north of San Diego which was why I mention it. Look forward to the episode!
-Brian

chrisduketv 10-24-2018 10:37 PM

The episode is now live, and thanks to a few of you for your help! Please check out the first C10 episode here:

https://www.motorz.tv/s08e04/

chrisduketv 10-24-2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txagincali (Post 8364863)
Hey Chris,
If you are needing some real world examples, Ron over at Drifters Garage in Escondido is building a killer C40 Dually Rig Setup that's almost complete. He also has a number of C10 and K20 pickups in his collection there that I'm sure would work well with your show. He was a real nice guy I met a few weeks ago and wound up picking up a chassis from his shop this weekend, and only a few miles north of San Diego which was why I mention it. Look forward to the episode!
-Brian

Thank you! I go up to Escondido all the time (was just there this past weekend, in fact!). I'll have to ring him up :) BTW the episode is now online!! Enjoy!

GM72K10 10-25-2018 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisduketv (Post 8371212)
The episode is now live, and thanks to a few of you for your help! Please check out the first C10 episode here:

https://www.motorz.tv/s08e04/

Nice!

special-K 10-29-2018 09:29 AM

Thanks for sharing, Chris. Great stuff