The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Brake Lines? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=760910)

Travisarmenta 04-03-2018 02:49 PM

Brake Lines?

It seems like no one makes 67-72 Suburban brake lines, or anybody know otherwise?

need some for a my 72 K series Burb.

04ls1gto 04-03-2018 09:04 PM

Re: Brake Lines?

Got mine from inline tube

vectorit 04-03-2018 11:12 PM

Inline tube is probably the best resource for hard lines, but all the rubber ones I had made locally from a shop that specializes in servicing industrial hose parts.

Just make triple sure of your order with Inline Tube, since they are extremely expensive on their shipping.

68SWB4x4 04-04-2018 12:52 AM

I returned a Inline tube kit as I didn’t find it was close at all.

I went with a kit from classic tube and it worked out well for the front but if I was to do it over again I would bend/flare my own lines.

It’s not that difficult and you can run them exactly how you want. You will have to do some reshaping and bending of the pre bent kits anyway

pwdcougar 04-04-2018 08:58 PM

I used the nickel copper to bend my own lines. Easy to work with and flare. One piece runs from the back axle almost to the junction block.

Paul

LockDoc 04-05-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwdcougar (Post 8230220)
I used the nickel copper to bend my own lines. Easy to work with and flare. One piece runs from the back axle almost to the junction block.

Paul

I second the nickel-copper (NICOPP) lines. As Paul said, it bends easy, flares easy, and won't rust. I bought mine on e-Bay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+line&_sacat=0

I pretty much made all of my bends by hand and flared it holding the flaring tool in my hands.

LockDoc

Travisarmenta 04-05-2018 08:52 AM

Appreciate all the replies, just ended up taking it to the shop as time is limited and the HOA is a nightmare. no wrenching on cars in my neighborhood, and unfortunately my garage was built to fit a 1990 Nissan Sentra.

BGarza13x 04-05-2018 09:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow, no working on cars? I've only had limited experience with HOAs, but I don't think I've ever had that stipulation. My truck is still on homemade stands (I ended up spilling some transmission fluid this past week, left a stain and hope to wash it out when I can move the truck), and have done body work, all in the front driveway, no one has ever told me anything. I know at least 1 or 2 neighbors have done similar, one of them banging out dents from some old Camry fenders for a few weeks straight.

Travisarmenta 04-06-2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGarza13x (Post 8230559)
Wow, no working on cars? I've only had limited experience with HOAs, but I don't think I've ever had that stipulation. My truck is still on homemade stands (I ended up spilling some transmission fluid this past week, left a stain and hope to wash it out when I can move the truck), and have done body work, all in the front driveway, no one has ever told me anything. I know at least 1 or 2 neighbors have done similar, one of them banging out dents from some old Camry fenders for a few weeks straight.

It's asinine, I'm tired of all the people around me *****ing.

I told the neighbors that i sold it! HAHAHA, cant wait to see their faces when it comes home and is LOUD and sounds amazing.

Once it runs and drives I will be able to do some little things here and there at my house, it just needed way too much to get going to be able to peacefully get it done without getting a nag or a letter form someone.

GMCPaul 04-14-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68SWB4x4 (Post 8229526)

I went with a kit from classic tube and it worked out well for the front but if I was to do it over again I would bend/flare my own lines.

It’s not that difficult and you can run them exactly how you want. You will have to do some reshaping and bending of the pre bent kits anyway

68 Suburban's used two different routings of the brake lines with 1 style running outside the frame in front and other style running inside the frame, the styles are interchangeable and if anyone needs photos of the correct routing for the style version made by Inline tube for the 68 Suburban just email and we'll forward pictures of the install route.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls

MainelyTrucks 07-18-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68SWB4x4 (Post 8229526)

I have a 1969 C/10 custom 350C.I. 400 trans Camper Special; my question is do we need to use different diameter brake lines or can we use 3/16" I.D. for all the lines? I up graded to a 4 wheel Disc brake single piston, 11" Rotors, Hydro Boost, dual Master Cylinder system.

Completing a Frame Off Resto-Mod, modern Zenon Headlights H.B. running off Battery instead of switch, newer A/C, hyped the 350 (401 H.P.), B&M Transkit, 2000 stall converter, electric Fuel pump, Fuel line wrapped around A/C cold line for added horse power when completed and working out the Rack-n-Pinion set-up to modernize the steering as well.

HO455 07-18-2018 09:19 PM

Welcome aboard Mainly Trucks! Sounds like a nice truck your building. The factory used 1/4" line to run from the proportioning valve to the hose for the rear axle then reduced to 3/16" at the Tee on the axle end of the hose. I would contact the manufacturer of your components and get their recommended line size to match your master cylinder and caliper combination just to be sure.
Oh and let me be the first to ask to see some pictures of you truck.

MainelyTrucks 07-20-2018 02:03 PM

Thanks HO455
I will send pictures when complete... that way when you see the before you will see the After so you do not think it the basket case it was!

04ls1gto 07-22-2018 10:14 AM

I used inline tube on my 71 burb and they fit great, had all the clips. Very easy install