The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Burb Rocker question? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=326733)

gemiii 02-02-2009 11:12 AM

Burb Rocker question?

It seems that everybody lists the front rockers for the suburbans the same as the trucks but the front passenger rocker doesnt fit the rear pillar correctly. I got the 3rd door rocker and it fits good but the front one sticks out way too far. Do I just have to make it fit or do they make the correct rocker?

Thanks in advance
George

olblue60@aol.com 02-02-2009 11:23 AM

Re: Burb Rocker question?

There is no correct rocker panel available for this application as far as I know. People generally modify a standard rocker to fit. I'm in that process now as well. Good luck with your truck!

John

1956cameo 02-02-2009 12:36 PM

Not to mention most aftermarket sheet metal doesn't fit very well to begin with.

Hart_Rod 02-02-2009 07:05 PM

Take a look at my suburban build thread in my signature. I think I took a lot of pictures of the modifications that you will have to do to install the truck rocker. It's pretty straight forward, just requires a little cutting.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=200387&page=2

R/

olblue60@aol.com 02-03-2009 12:48 PM

Hartrod,
This post once again sent me back to check out your builds as I have a couple of times each. If I never posted, those are really great to look at. Lots of real nice work! I'll keep following the progress . Thanks!

gemiii 02-03-2009 04:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanks everybody for the replies. I can now see why the fit looks so bad. My pillar needed a lot of work and I must have cut too much away. The only good part was the cab support. Ill just have to make it work.

This is what I started with, a $500 find running and drivable.

George

Hart_Rod 02-03-2009 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You should have kept the circled piece. I'm sure someone on here has a parts burb that you could get that off of (PM TKORENK).

Hart_Rod 02-03-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblue60@aol.com (Post 3122939)
Hartrod,
This post once again sent me back to check out your builds as I have a couple of times each. If I never posted, those are really great to look at. Lots of real nice work! I'll keep following the progress . Thanks!

Thanks OLBLUE, :).

olblue60@aol.com 02-03-2009 05:24 PM

I'm not sure how much of a rush you are in, but in the next 2 - 3 weeks (weather permitting)I will be cutting the rustiest suburban I have ever seen. Its my parts truck. Strangely enough, that pillar , the rear hatch , and the roof are the only parts that didnt rust. If at that time, you havn't located what you need, PM me and I'll cut it off for you. Unless you have another way to get it, its free if you pay shipping. I have no idea the shipping cost though. I'm here in the Maryland/D.C. area. I'll be parting it not long after that. Tom Korinek (TKorinek) is parting one now.Lots of Arizonia sheetmetal.

John

P.S. I think the $500 for your truck was money well spent! Your pickup looks nice too!

gemiii 02-03-2009 05:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks olblue and Hart Rod. It was so much fun cutting it apart I got a little carried away. I just got a spare tire well from Tom and am hoping to get his A pillers as well so I will check with him but if not I would appreciate yours John. This truck was preserved with expanding foam everywheres LOL. I dont want to get too carried away with pics as I am hoping to do a build thread soon but here is a drivers 1/4 I got for $200 going in. It sure saved me a lot of patches.
Hart Rod your build thread is what probably got me going on this one Congrats on your build and thanks for the help from it.

olblue60@aol.com 02-03-2009 06:48 PM

Wow!!!!!!

jfalesi 04-12-2009 01:17 AM

OMG... did he cut his foot off with that chain saw???

Kevin McPherson 04-12-2009 10:32 AM

Ditto on "WOW" It kinda looks like the "mad hacker" strikes again!

Skirkpat 04-21-2009 10:28 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOUCHHHHHH!! "One foot Gemmi" ..... His wife did that, because she has to park her car outside in the rain...LOL:lol:

CARZ1968 05-02-2009 11:31 PM

I think the burb that Hart rod has just finished parting out has more metal than you are starting with! You Sir, must be a true burb lover:metal:

kev2809 05-04-2009 04:29 PM

wow again lol when you said you got carried away i didnt picture this haha!

gemiii 07-19-2009 03:10 PM

I didnt lose my foot with the chainsaw but it sure looks that way LOL Yes my wife hates the burb cause it takes up 2 places in the garage now, the body and the chassis. The good news is the body went for paint last week. Gonna be blue and white ;)

George

Skirkpat 07-20-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemiii (Post 3420363)
I didnt lose my foot with the chainsaw but it sure looks that way LOL Yes my wife hates the burb cause it takes up 2 places in the garage now, the body and the chassis. The good news is the body went for paint last week. Gonna be blue and white ;)

George

Tell her she has to drive the Suburban when it's done, because you are trading her car for a 72 shortbed and see what she cuts off?:lol:

CARZ1968 07-21-2009 10:08 AM

going to paint? lets see some body together,prepped and going to paint pics! btw I have a suburban and a 72 shortbed and I can tell you first hand,what she will want to cut off! :uhm:
or shoot off!