The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project G-TR, Gearbox Garage Shop Truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=607718)

nibs 12-27-2013 08:56 PM

Re: Project G-TR, Gearbox Garage Shop Truck

Thats a cherry paint job! Cant wait to see it all put together

wickedred 12-28-2013 01:31 AM

Nice Looking Project.

GEARBOXGARAGE 12-30-2013 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been putting in a few late nights with the wiring and plumbing.... Using a Painless harness and various other items sourced from Waytek Wire ( http://www.waytekwire.com/products/ ). If you need specialty wiring components, this is the place to get it! For fuel lines, I'm running Fragola fittings and black nylon braided race hose. The Aeromotive Phantom system is in place, and came out great. I highly recommend these to anyone wanting a quality fuel system.

youngrodder 12-30-2013 10:55 AM

Looks good Mike...Keep it up.

Marc

GEARBOXGARAGE 12-30-2013 12:59 PM

Thanks, Marc. It's kind of hard to get excited about wiring and plumbing... a little on the tedious side, but as I'm sure you know, it's small details like this that can make or break a high quality build. I'm going the extra mile to solder any new connections and sealing them up with heat shrink. Adds a lot of time, but worth it. I'll post some more pics when I get back to the fun stuff.

Palf70Step 12-30-2013 02:08 PM

Wiring can sure test your patience. Truck is really coming together.

gdavis 01-02-2014 07:31 PM

I really like th alt I got from you. It'll look sweet when I install it. For now it is on a shelf along with a lot of other parts. I am waiting for the rain to stop.

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-07-2014 01:24 PM

Finished up some more of the plumbing this past weekend. Been busy with snow removal the last couple of days and trying to stay warm. Thermometer said -13 this morning and the weatherman says a -40 windchill! Heard on the radio that most of the Midwest has been colder than Siberia and every state except Hawaii saw freezing temps yesterday. Well that's enough of the weather report. I'll be getting the engine and trans ready to drop in soon. Stay tuned...

BugzC10 01-07-2014 04:08 PM

Thanks for sending me the link to your build....it is going to be one sweet ride when you're done.:metal:
I can't help think, what are you going to do with all that free time when you're done? :lol::lol:

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-08-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugzC10 (Post 6458191)
Thanks for sending me the link to your build....it is going to be one sweet ride when your done.:metal:
I can't help think, what are you going to do with all that free time when your done? :lol::lol:

Unfortunately, I promised my wife that it will be her turn to spend some money... DOH! I'll be busy putitng an addition on the house and remodeling the kitchen. But after that, I'm hoping build a bigger shop and find a solid Chevelle to restore. I'm thinking of doing a clone LS6, but use an LSx 454 and a Tremec 6 speed with full Detroit Speed suspension. But, at this point, it's just a day dream.

aggie91 01-08-2014 11:22 AM

Mike

The truck is looking good. I think the color choice is spot on and he did a great job on the bodywork and paint. How are things at Burr Oak? Since I am out of the coil industry now, I don't hear from them guys anymore...

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-09-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 6459591)
Mike

The truck is looking good. I think the color choice is spot on and he did a great job on the bodywork and paint. How are things at Burr Oak? Since I am out of the coil industry now, I don't hear from them guys anymore...

Karl,

Good to hear from you, again. Thanks for the support. Burr Oak has been pretty busy. We've released a newly designed hairpin bender and they are doing really well. They have a youtube video of it if you want to check it out ( )

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-11-2014 11:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The Aeromotive Phantom pump is wired and plumbed. Just have to finish the wiring on the sending unit and add some ground leads and the back will be ready to mount the bed. The factory cargo light housing was retained, except it will be wired as a third brake light with a red LED bulb.

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-16-2014 11:24 PM

Not much progress this week. I ordered a few L.E.D. bulbs for the front park/turn signals, reverse lights, and for the 3rd brake light. Should be back on it this weekend for some more wiring action and prepping the engine and trans for the final install.

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-20-2014 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a really great pic, but the 3rd Brake Light works as planned. Spent some time finishing off the Hushmat with seam tape. Just about through the tedious stuff. It'll be nice to put some time in and be able to see a noticeable difference...

orngsikL 01-20-2014 10:01 PM

sweet build!

Z10 01-21-2014 01:06 AM

Very nice!

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-27-2014 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Starting some work on the core support. Getting a few of the A/C lines in and the condesor. Did a little more on finalizing the wiring and brake lines, just have to finish the stretch from the master cylinder to the frame rail. I'll be getting the inner fenders mounted soon and dropping the engine/trans in.

BugzC10 01-27-2014 03:51 PM

Who's AC system did you go with Mike?

GEARBOXGARAGE 01-27-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BugzC10 (Post 6493725)
Who's AC system did you go with Mike?

The condenser was sourced from Early Classic Enterprises, but the remaining components are from Vintage Air. I used the standard Parker hose with crimp-on ends. If I were to do it again, I'd use the Eaton EZClip System, which is also available from Vintage Air through The Gearbox Garage. (Here's a link to a youtube video of the EZClip Systme) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAXHb...ature=youtu.be

Bennett68C10 01-28-2014 09:20 AM

Awesome build, subscribed to see it finished

GEARBOXGARAGE 02-16-2014 09:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Finally got to put some time in on the '71 C10 this weekend. Installed the inner fenders and tied up a few loose ends. Set the front tire in place to get a visual. It'll be a lot lower when its back on the ground and the engine is in.

BossHogg69 02-16-2014 09:48 AM

Paint looks killer as is the rest of the build. Great color choice - it's gonna be one :devil: of a ride when you're finished!

BugzC10 02-16-2014 09:57 AM

Whoa.....starting to look like a truck again. It' gonna look sweet sittin on those wheels. :metal::chevy:

cafetony 02-16-2014 02:49 PM

really nice,
your giving me some nice ways to lay my wires