The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   New to this site, check out my ride II (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=611553)

AlBsure 01-11-2014 02:31 AM

New to this site, check out my ride II

5 Attachment(s)
hey guys this is my 71 k5, I'm not a pro at this so be easy. I was screwed over by a body shop and now here we are. I have more pics as well as a vehicle description on the regular blazer forum. look for the same title.
enjoy.

tear down starts and it was off to the body shop. now that the firewall and frame was painted the truck came back to me so I could install the engine. then it happened. they did some things to my truck that was half ass and kept raising the price on me so I brought her back home.

AlBsure 01-11-2014 02:42 AM

Re: New to this site, check out my ride II

5 Attachment(s)
time to take things into my own hands (with the help of my son).

AlBsure 01-11-2014 02:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
and it continues.

AlBsure 01-11-2014 02:51 AM

5 Attachment(s)
more pics

swyfor5 01-11-2014 04:38 PM

WOW! looking good dude!

Ridnhi 01-12-2014 12:22 AM

I know the feeling of getting screwed by a body shop. I'm like you, I brought it home and decided to do it myself. Mine may not end up perfect, but at least I'll know what's under the paint. Yours is looking great! Keep up the good work.

AlBsure 01-12-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridnhi (Post 6466311)
I know the feeling of getting screwed by a body shop. I'm like you, I brought it home and decided to do it myself. Mine may not end up perfect, but at least I'll know what's under the paint. Yours is looking great! Keep up the good work.

Thanks buddy. Sorry to hear about your experience.

AlBsure 04-13-2014 11:10 PM

4 Attachment(s)
what's up guys, it's been a wile since I've been on progress is slow but I got some work done and shined her up a bit. BUT WHAT COLOR SHOULD I CHOOSE??????????????

Tom Vogel 04-14-2014 09:45 AM

Just for grins, What was the orginal color? If ts that blue, thats pretty nice.

AlBsure 04-14-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vogel (Post 6628035)
Just for grins, What was the orginal color? If ts that blue, thats pretty nice.

The original color was light blue.. It was nice but needed some Tlc.

Sacramento70 04-22-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlBsure (Post 6627671)
BUT WHAT COLOR SHOULD I CHOOSE??????????????

blueeee, its my favorite color and maybe some pearl

AlBsure 04-25-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacramento70 (Post 6641672)
blueeee, its my favorite color and maybe some pearl

blue is my favorite too.. I've narrowed it down to a few colors, let me know what you think.

AlBsure 04-25-2014 02:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here they are let me know what you think? :metal:

Sacramento70 04-25-2014 08:10 PM

i think the blue on that square body would look cool on your truck but that first orange looking color is a real head turner probably. Have you seen midnight blue on a blazer? because i think it awesome.

AlBsure 04-25-2014 08:41 PM

I seen a midnight blue I liked, but I want a light color to show the lines I feel these look better with a color like that vs black or something dark. Either way midnight blue would rock its just me being picky. Thanks.

Sacramento70 04-25-2014 09:25 PM

i don't blame you about being picky, i am the same way. People are always trying to force ideas on me and tell me what they would have done differently. While i appreciate feedback and others opinions it always comes down to what i like because its my truck. Whatever color you decide on its gonna look killer, you cant go wrong with any color cause its still a blazer. Heck, my blazer is med. gold and i hated at first but now its grown on me. Plus ive seen maybe a handful on this forum in that color and never 1 in real life. I am thinking about painting mine the original med. gold just to be different.

AlBsure 04-25-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacramento70 (Post 6646247)
i don't blame you about being picky, i am the same way. People are always trying to force ideas on me and tell me what they would have done differently. While i appreciate feedback and others opinions it always comes down to what i like because its my truck. Whatever color you decide on its gonna look killer, you cant go wrong with any color cause its still a blazer. Heck, my blazer is med. gold and i hated at first but now its grown on me. Plus ive seen maybe a handful on this forum in that color and never 1 in real life. I am thinking about painting mine the original med. gold just to be different.

Well said buddy....:metal:

AlBsure 04-29-2014 11:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I bought some parts today so I could keep going forward and backwards.. I say backwards because I'm doing something rework. I'm replacing the bottom of the B/pillar as well as the A/pillar, inner rockers, outer rockers and some other things I messed up on. O and I receiver new rubbers, gaskets, steering wheel, carpet kit, door panels, door handles............. and I could go on.

mud.man.rj 04-30-2014 12:10 AM

You have a great build going on, at least your not discouraged and working on it yourself which is turning out nice. Really like the wide rims and Swampers.:clap:

AlBsure 04-30-2014 12:24 AM

Yea..I made it pretty far on my on.. it will be going to my buddy's shop and he will finish it out. Summer is coming and I'm running out of time. The ol'lady has had about enough and my son is telling me more and more that I'm spending too much time out in the garage. My family comes first .

tjsblazer 04-30-2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlBsure (Post 6645683)
Here they are let me know what you think? :metal:

I'm partial to the first copper one in the top left. Debating that one myself. Is there a paint code for that where you got the picture?
Also, where did you get the triplus rad surround?

Looks like you are making some great progress!

AlBsure 04-30-2014 07:36 AM

I don't have a paint code sorry. I know a painter in my area who can make just about any color by looking at a picture or color swatch. I found that pic on a site called instagram. All of my parts come from Lmc truckparts with the exception of my inner rockers, those are coming from brother truck parts. Thanks

Tom Vogel 04-30-2014 09:13 AM

Who is doing your paint ?

AlBsure 04-30-2014 08:28 PM

I've been doing all the painting so far, but now it's at a local shop.

mud.man.rj 04-30-2014 08:46 PM

Remember take your kids to a car show and get them involved..take them out to the garage and have fun together so they learn to enjoy the hobby, maybe not every time but some of it, will be a bonding experience even if you don't accomplish much those times.