The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The NOS blues (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=759976)

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-22-2018 11:57 PM

The NOS blues

3 Attachment(s)
If you've approached it to some extent you probably know all about it. Especially chrome.

Anyway, my challenge has been a LH paint separator. Thanks to a board member I have a pair refinished to perfect, and no doubt I'm using them. Thing is, I've had an NOS RH divider for years, and a matching pair would be nice. Nothing personal to potential sellers. Three strikes and I'm out:

1st attempt: It came with the RH paint separator as well, and both had big(&*^ matching dents that occurred during shipment. The seller wasn't happy, which made two of us. They were perfect.

2nd attempt: Came in a nice shipping tube. Shot in the dark here;)....the tube was too short and the trim was bent up to fit. Messed up both ends.

3rd attempt: Okay, I'm stumped on this one. The package has the right part number, but from my "angle" this is not what came in the package. My only GUESS is this piece is for another Chevy, not a 67-72 per the part number. For what it's worth, the package was opened. See images. Any input welcome.

truckster 03-23-2018 12:42 AM

Re: The NOS blues

No input, just sympathy.

But that's going to be a beautiful truck once you're done.

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-23-2018 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckster (Post 8219321)
No input, just sympathy.

But that's going to be a beautiful truck once you're done.

Thanks man, I hope I don't disappoint you or the truck. Slow process and very little happening right now. I'm ready for a change in the weather, and looking forward to wrapping up some personal stuff. I'll call it another project;) At least it's small in comparison. From a personal standpoint, everything is small compared to this truck.:chevy:

4x4k30 03-23-2018 01:06 AM

do you remember the pep boys commercials ?? we can make it fit :metal:

special-K 03-23-2018 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I always thought trim like the paint divider seemed generic. Like I have seen the same exact profile formed in all sorts of shapes for various vehicles. Look around at older vehicles and you will see what I mean. I wonder if the seller actually believed they had found a 67/72 paint divider piece or possible figured they could pass it off.

Precious parts shipped in inadequate packaging is pure and simple ignorant. "Ok. sorry, I'll send you another one" is not an option. "Ok, I'll find another piece to replace it" is a difficult and expensive...possibly impossible option. PACKING THE PART SO YOU KNOW IT WILL ARRIVE UNDAMAGED IS THE ONLY OPTION.

I know you're not working on a 4wd, but when I read the title I thought you might be talking about these:

B. W. 03-23-2018 10:23 AM

Special-K, I think you posted those just to make us K20 guys drool!

Sorry for your issues Tony, I'll be fighting the same battle one day.

Ol Blue K20 03-23-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. W. (Post 8219477)
Special-K, I think you just posted those just to make us K20 guys drool!

Sorry for your issues Tony, I'll be fighting the same battle one day.

X2....the K20 holy grails...

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-23-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8219399)
I always thought trim like the paint divider seemed generic. Like I have seen the same exact profile formed in all sorts of shapes for various vehicles. Look around at older vehicles and you will see what I mean. I wonder if the seller actually believed they had found a 67/72 paint divider piece or possible figured they could pass it off.

Precious parts shipped in inadequate packaging is pure and simple ignorant. "Ok. sorry, I'll send you another one" is not an option. "Ok, I'll find another piece to replace it" is a difficult and expensive...possibly impossible option. PACKING THE PART SO YOU KNOW IT WILL ARRIVE UNDAMAGED IS THE ONLY OPTION.

I know you're not working on a 4wd, but when I read the title I thought you might be talking about these:

Ha ha @ "NOS BLUES". I'd never seen those before, but they sure are nice.

special-K 03-23-2018 11:03 PM

I'd have to check the PN but it looks like it could be off off a pre-71 ChevyVan

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 06-22-2018 09:37 AM

A few days ago I thought I was buying a very rare NOS piece, though no need to mention what. I didn't need it, but well worth $35. Though the right part, the seller (fee-bay) sent me a used worn-out piece. Nothing like the description & images. I sent an email and nothing.

Other than an old man say, I don't get it. Now he pays shipping both ways.