The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   72 K5 Blazer for Sale (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=85681)

Safado 01-15-2004 04:17 PM

72 K5 Blazer for Sale

1 Attachment(s)
I've come to the point where a new child has forced my hand to sell my Blazer. I've owned and loved it now for almost 4 years, and hate to see it go, but alas it must.

1972 CHEVROLET BLAZER, V8, Auto 350, 4wd, power steering, power brakes, am/fm/CD, SOA with 3' body and add-a-leaf, 35' tires w/75% tread, Full roll cage, custom front and rear bumpers, 6k miles motor, Carter carburetor, Carter Electric fuel pump, Electric Fan, New Radiator, HEI distributer, Hooker headers w/ , new alt., new bat, + more, $4, 400 or best offer

The engine was done by a local drag racing shop and was 2500 itself. The beast is way tight and doesn't leak a drop, spins the 35's like pancakes.

The front seats have been replaced from an unknown vehicle, the rear seat seems stock and has a few tears. Center console has been replaces with a custom home job with lock.

Rear hatch has the handle, but is missing the 2 arms that secure it. PO used tie downs to secure it, but no rust on gate.

Body is in great shape, but needs new bushings. Only body rust is a tiny section on the passenger rocker pannel. Only other spot is on the drivers side floor where PO tried to bolt down roll cage. I can see only one spot where PO used bondo.

Top is in great condition, replaced the seal 3 years ago.

Post if you have any questions or want any specific pictures.

Paul72 01-15-2004 04:28 PM

Where are you located? From the looks of the pic, I'd say Colorado or western WY?

Safado 01-15-2004 04:42 PM

Sorry, good point. I'm in Utah, that's in my "backyard." 40 minutes south of Salt Lake City.

MAC67 01-21-2004 03:09 PM

id ebay it pal ,, it might really surprize ya , if i had te dough id own it now , but im sure theres alot of folks here thatll say that, that thing would probablly sell for 5 or better here in illinois, they are hard to find here in the middle

spencra 01-23-2004 09:35 AM

AWWW MAN! That is a beautiful Blazer. I can't wait to get out of school so that I could afford some cool toys like that.

Would you take an IOU:D

Safado 01-23-2004 01:22 PM

LOL....no IOU's

I've thought about ebay, but figured I'd offer it to enthusiests first and see what happens. I have a kid interested in it here locally, we'll see how it goes.

Come on people...Buy My Truck!! :D

2wdBlazer 01-23-2004 01:55 PM

I bought my big Blazer on E-bay. Nearly had it for $3,500 but ended up in a bidding war with a couple hours to go. Ended up paying $4,800. I still think I robbed the guy. E-bay can really go either way on the price.

gman 01-24-2004 02:37 AM

Safado,

You should have received a PM from me a couple days ago. Let me know........

Safado 01-26-2004 01:47 PM

GMAN,

Sorry about that, as the side states, I'm a JUNIOR. And not too savy on the whole PM thing. I got it now and I'm sending you an email. I've got tons of pics at home, and a digital camera for any additional shot you might need. Thanks

autolabor 01-26-2004 02:58 PM

Ever have a vehicle later in life that you look back and say "Damn, I should have never gotten rid of that .....Wish I had it today." Sorry to see you have to sell it. They are great fun and reliable.

vtblazer 02-02-2004 10:21 AM

Hey Safado...still around? Sent pm's and e-mail...where are ya?
Check your messages and get back to me, please;)

spencra 02-02-2004 10:43 AM

Hey vtblazer, I bought it already. No, wait a minute, I'm waking up now. Damn it's not in my driveway. :D

Oh well I wish I had bought it though.:p

vtblazer 02-02-2004 11:02 AM

72...where are you...?

Yeah, I wanna buy it too! Can't seem to get his attention though.:rolleyes:
At least to let me know if it's sold so I can stop drooling over it:whine:
I have a 71 Blazer that I'm restoring back to the point of "to nice to wheel" :)
I want Safado's 72 as a driver :D
Safado, help me out...send some pic's
Best contact: triaddelec@trans-video.net

Safado 02-02-2004 12:50 PM

GOOD NEWS, it's still for sale, and it's cheeper!!

The local kid hadn't talked to his daddy yet and it doesn't seem like a go there. So bring it on folks, I'm going to drop the price too, I told the kid I'd take $4100 from him and I might as well keep it there for you guys as well.

Safado 02-02-2004 01:01 PM

AUTOLABOR,

I know all too well what you're talking about, I already know I'm going to regret this one, hopefully after all the kids are had and starting to grow, I can pick up another one and restore it with my son.

Blue Beard 02-02-2004 11:43 PM

Someone better grab that one.......

I think ebay will cost you about $40 to list, and I believe another $40 if it sells.........

May well be worth an effort if it doesn't sell here..........

vtblazer 02-03-2004 09:23 AM

Awesome price...awesome truck

Safado took the time to send me pic's...it's a nice truck!
It's not perfect but the price is! For the money this is a DEAL.
Someone on the board...buy this truck, don't let it go to evil-bay and be bought by someone who may not understand the Blazer infection thing! This is a nice first gen.
Come on ching up.
Thanks again Safado for your time. See you again when you and your boy build one! :cool:

vtblazer 02-08-2004 07:25 PM

72 Blazer for sale

TTT
Someone should pick this one up!

vtblazer 02-16-2004 07:58 PM

Nice Blazer

TTT
Have you sold this yet?

jeffspower 02-18-2004 12:36 PM

Yeah, have you sold it yet? You are a long way from me, but I sure am interested. Any chance you could meet up with me in Cheyenne, Wyo? - that would be about half way for me. :D

Safado 02-20-2004 01:08 PM

Thanks for all the help guys, no, I haven't sold it yet. I've had a few other distractions that have forced me to pull it from the local lot where it was parked. We've been getting a ton of snow and it's been tough keeping it cleaned off. I had thought of maybe just waiting until Spring to try and sell it again. I would really like to sell it to someone that appreciates them like this board does, but things are getting tight with an extra vehicle.

Jeff, Lets talk a little more about this. I'll send you an email.

jeffspower 02-20-2004 03:39 PM

Thanks, Safado. I would love to have it, but I just bought a '79 down in Texas. I would rather have your '72, for that money seems like a great deal- but it would have stretched me pretty thin. later 73+ Blazers less desirable (to me anyway) are everywhere- & cheap. But the '79 will have to do for now. :bowtie: