The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   PO has me PO'd (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=210641)

jaros44sr 11-12-2009 12:00 AM

Re: PO has me PO'd

Quote:

Originally Posted by msgross (Post 3615355)
do you have molding for the experiment? I have a few driver quality pieces...

I'll take you up on that. Thanks Mike. I have some real good 67/68 eyebrows

jaros44sr 11-12-2009 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 3615226)
BTW, when is the trip?

My son moved my March/April Steelhead fishing trip up to February snowmobiling/ steelhead trip. So I should have an open calendar after that...

vtblazer 11-12-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 3615226)
BTW, when is the trip?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 3615777)
My son moved my March/April Steelhead fishing trip up to February snowmobiling/ steelhead trip. So I should have an open calendar after that...

I went up to camp just the other day, everything's ready when ever we are.

jaros44sr 12-01-2009 03:07 PM

Started a new tradition in the family over the 4 day Holiday, since my boys get antsy I've decided to assign projects that I want to get done. Sorta like a Pops to do list.

My workshop doors have been in need of repair for a long time and with winter coming on I made the leap. First estimate was for 6 large, second estimate was for 4. Holy crap! Total build for materials was 700.00, plus feeding these guys for 4 days! They invented a contest to see who can empty the most plates. Dam kids

Well, a day later and I had the heat down to 65° and was comfortable in a t-shirt...no more auxiliary heater

Now I can get back to work on the truck
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hinTrip010.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...hinTrip007.jpg

Notice the rag stuffed under the door for insulation and the blow foam. lol
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...eplace16-5.jpg

Chevyman63 12-01-2009 04:34 PM

Looks good Jim. I know what you mean about the kids eating you out of house and home....damn kids!:lol:

jaros44sr 12-01-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 3649294)
Looks good Jim. I know what you mean about the kids eating you out of house and home....damn kids!:lol:

I didn't know we could say damn on the board:lol:...What's your schedule look like in Feb. and March

70 Suburban 12-01-2009 07:23 PM

I think I heard it on PBS so it must be ok here too....

Big J 12-01-2009 08:21 PM

Thats a fine lookin' door. Should let in tons more light then the other one.

red71cheyenne 12-01-2009 09:53 PM

Door looks good! So does that side shot of the half top. What did you have to put under your mounts to get her to line up?

I've got to get a new garage door on mine too, the spring broke last year and me or the boy are the only ones that can open it now. Oh well, another project to put on the back burner. Might get some of it done during the xmas stand down.

jaros44sr 12-02-2009 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70 Suburban (Post 3649536)
I think I heard it on PBS so it must be ok here too....

We should get a list of acceptable words:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big J (Post 3649642)
Thats a fine lookin' door. Should let in tons more light then the other one.

Yeah, it will be fun to look outside and see the snow flying by with a t-shirt on

Quote:

Originally Posted by red71cheyenne (Post 3649888)
Door looks good! So does that side shot of the half top. What did you have to put under your mounts to get her to line up?

I've got to get a new garage door on mine too, the spring broke last year and me or the boy are the only ones that can open it now. Oh well, another project to put on the back burner. Might get some of it done during the xmas stand down.

Red, not sure if I understand your question, but it sits on the bedside just like the hardtop does

Amazing how heavy a garage door is, isn't it? Enjoy the R&R with the family

Chevyman63 12-02-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 3649525)
I didn't know we could say damn on the board:lol:...What's your schedule look like in Feb. and March

I'm clear for Feb. and March both. What are you thinking?........damn it :lol:

vtblazer 12-02-2009 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 3650705)
I'm clear for Feb. and March both. What are you thinking?........damn it :lol:

Looks like it's up to Jim.

Say when...Dammit. :sumo:

:lol:

Firebirdjones 12-02-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 1803222)
Started to strip paint off of PS of truck, and this is what I found. This side was up against the shop wall so I haven't paid to much attention to it. I thought it was in pretty good shape since it had a new rocker panel hung on it. Why would you waste your time covering up all that rust? Oh well, deja vu. Here I go again on the PS

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...j/msoCBA72.jpg

Pictures are for ref. only, unsafe work practices, DO NOT attempt at Home or Workshop
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...j/mso289D1.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...j/mso525BA.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...j/mso28C9D.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...j/mso9A363.jpg

Wow, I have to say originally living in Ohio that's a common site for most old vehicles. I got sick of dealing with that 25 years ago and started buying our cars out west and hauling or driving them back East.
Got sick of doing that and just decided to move to Arizona to be closer to all the rust free cars :lol: Not to mention it's in the 70's here,,,,in December ;) Sorry you probably didn't want to hear that. :lol:

red71cheyenne 12-02-2009 11:42 PM

Awhile back you were having trouble lining up your body lines due to the body mounts and then when you put the half top on the bolt holes didn't line up. How did you get her all lined out? I ask because my body lines are still not great and I think its due to the cab mounts not being shimmed right or something.

Big J 12-03-2009 10:57 AM

Damn this is turning into a fine lookin' K5! (sorry I was feelin' left out:lol:)

70 Suburban 12-03-2009 12:09 PM

I have to say. I look at mine and think wow there is some work to make this nice. but I see ppl like you bringing back the dead.. I'm impressed.

jaros44sr 12-03-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red71cheyenne (Post 3652357)
Awhile back you were having trouble lining up your body lines due to the body mounts and then when you put the half top on the bolt holes didn't line up. How did you get her all lined out? I ask because my body lines are still not great and I think its due to the cab mounts not being shimmed right or something.

It's still wacked alittle, but after Kurt and I discussed it and with his measurements we're pretty confident where the trouble lies. You have to remember I had no physical metal to reference off of, so when I hung the cowl off of the rafters I added one more click on the ratchet strap(thinking there would be inherent sag),but there wasn't any. Also, I built it without the front fenders on it, there in lays the problem. I had three sides that looked great and thought that would be enuff. So, by added the the fourth line(front fender) it wacked it out by a 1/2"

Adding the 1/2 top only proved my problem, as it sits 1/2" back towards the rear of the truck only on the passenger side, sooooo, lowering the "A" post patch panel, rocker backing plate, floor or all of the above should resolve the SNAFU. AND bring the half top forward the needed demension. Just gotta figure out what moves what where, and by how much...seems simple in theory lol

I don't know exactly what you did so far, so it would be hard to give you an exact answer, only tips on where the problem may lie. Post up specific problem areas and I'm sure we all can come up with an answer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big J (Post 3652985)
Damn this is turning into a fine lookin' K5! (sorry I was feelin' left out)

Damn it! I'm feelin' the Luv. I guess we're OK, this thread hasn't gotten locked......YET!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70 Suburban (Post 3653084)
I have to say. I look at mine and think wow there is some work to make this nice. but I see ppl like you bringing back the dead.. I'm impressed.

You can do it, just gotta stick toit. I keep telling myself that, plus I wouldn't want to let the board down:lol: If I had money instead of tools, I might not have done this so many times. Thanks for the compliments, but I'm only doing stock. Can you imagine how much more difficult it must be to modify things...Those guys have real talent

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebirdjones (Post 3650867)
Wow, I have to say originally living in Ohio that's a common site for most old vehicles. I got sick of dealing with that 25 years ago and started buying our cars out west and hauling or driving them back East.
Got sick of doing that and just decided to move to Arizona to be closer to all the rust free cars :lol: Not to mention it's in the 70's here,,,,in December ;) Sorry you probably didn't want to hear that.

I've only heard rumors of such cars, where would the fun and challenge be in building such a truck! My workshop is 70 in December

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 3650705)
I'm clear for Feb. and March both. What are you thinking?........damn it

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 3650714)
Looks like it's up to Jim.

Say when...Dammit. :sumo:

OK, dammit, let's pick March. Alright, we have a date, now where do we meet:lol:

Geez, that took alot of typing, I'm beat, don't think I've typed that much in 3 years that I've been on the board

70 Suburban 12-03-2009 03:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of my other projects..i have the ability..its time and money i dont have.

jaros44sr 12-03-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70 Suburban (Post 3653323)
Here is one of my other projects..i have the ability..its time and money i dont have.

You, my friend, have it all! A lift, torch, sawzall, and ample room. What a great place to build...

My next project may be a street rod, always wanted a '32 highboy w/ a coddington windshield

Guess I should've said 'you' guys

70 Suburban 12-03-2009 03:29 PM

It did make chopping it allot more ez'r thats for sure

vtblazer 12-03-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 3653293)
OK, dammit, let's pick March. Alright, we have a date, now where do we meet

That was decided long ago...where have you been, dammit?

70 Suburban 12-03-2009 06:30 PM

That pic was takin im My shop Rods Rods In Houston... but I have had to relocate sence then...

jaros44sr 12-03-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 3653648)
That was decided long ago...where have you been, dammit?

Sorry, had my head up my arse...do they have any fish in Vermont?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70 Suburban (Post 3653661)
That pic was takin im My shop Rods Rods In Houston... but I have had to relocate sence then...

Hope it worked out for you, is that mostly what you do, rods?

70 Suburban 12-03-2009 07:26 PM

about anything from 30-s rods. muscle cars.. truck.... name it

vtblazer 12-03-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 3653744)
Sorry, had my head up my arse...do they have any fish in Vermont?

Camp is in the mountains but sure, we could take to boat out too.