The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Project G-TR, Gearbox Garage Shop Truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=607718)

Odaroloc 12-15-2015 06:30 PM

Re: Project G-TR, Gearbox Garage Shop Truck

Great build! I love it! I cant wait to start working on my 71!

mechanic350 12-21-2015 01:01 AM

truck turned out great. nice job

GEARBOXGARAGE 07-18-2016 08:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Giving the underside a once over. Finally getting a chance to head out to an event and get some Auto crossing in. We'll be at the Motorstate Challenge this Thursday at Lane Automotive and Saturday at Tire Rack in South Bend, IN.

BugzC10 07-18-2016 09:15 AM

Good luck at the auto cross Mike! How's your new shop coming along?

GEARBOXGARAGE 07-22-2016 08:57 AM

Thanks Bugz! The shop is almost done, putting up siding now and electric is being ran. I'll post up some pictures soon.

mcbassin 07-22-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEARBOXGARAGE (Post 7656925)
Giving the underside a once over. Finally getting a chance to head out to an event and get some Auto crossing in. We'll be at the Motorstate Challenge this Thursday at Lane Automotive and Saturday at Tire Rack in South Bend, IN.

Looking good!:metal:

GEARBOXGARAGE 07-26-2016 11:41 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Made a few improvements to the truck prior to last weekend's event. I had to replace the original exhaust mounts with some high-temp versions after the first ones melted. I also removed the drop-out style battery box and added a my own fabbed box that incorporates a Detroit Speed battery relocating bracket. Thinking about making some up to sell, so if anyone is interested, hit me up. Changed up the front pads as well. Went to a Wilwood Polymatrix E pad that performed awesome on the autocross, but pretty noisy for street use.

GEARBOXGARAGE 07-26-2016 11:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
The Thursday dinner cruise was delayed a little by quite a storm, but the rest of the evening was pretty nice. Some popular cars where in attendance, such as the Detroit Speed Camaro and Mark Steilow's Jackass 2.0!

erichevy 07-26-2016 12:17 PM

Really great build! Nice to see stuff coming out of Michigan.

GEARBOXGARAGE 07-27-2016 07:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few shots from Saturday's event. The blue '69 Z28 to my front right in the staging area belongs to Danny King and he was the overall event winner. The truck handled pretty good for the first time out, but I definitely need some more seat time and build my skill level. Learned a lot and nothing broke so overall I'd say it was a successful weekend! I'll post up some links soon to my YouTube dash cam videos.

mcbassin 07-27-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEARBOXGARAGE (Post 7665911)
Here's a few shots from Saturday's event. The blue '69 Z28 to my front right in the staging area belongs to Danny King and he was the overall event winner. The truck handled pretty good for the first time out, but I definitely need some more seat time and build my skill level. Learned a lot and nothing broke so overall I'd say it was a successful weekend! I'll post up some links soon to my YouTube dash cam videos.

That looks like some serious fun! :metal:

GEARBOXGARAGE 07-28-2016 08:38 AM

Here's a link to our YouTube page that has several of the runs from Saturday. Dash cams can be a great tuning tool, as you can look back and see where things need to change. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thegearboxgarage

GEARBOXGARAGE 08-29-2016 08:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to the Berger Chevrolet All GM Show this past weekend as a Feature Vehicle.