The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay) (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   street outlawz (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=583971)

69trk 06-09-2013 11:31 PM

street outlawz

You guys going to watch this on discovery tomorrow night on the 10th of june? Filmed here in oklahoma...

hotrod 80 06-10-2013 12:37 PM

Re: street outlawz

9pm central , thanks

westbrookw 06-11-2013 02:08 AM

I watched. Looks fake. The camera hanging over the start area gave it away for me. Besides, nothing is street legal about those cars. Those cars should be on a track. It was exciting to watch, but those guys are going to spend more in fines and jail time than its worth. Go to a test and tune night. Now I am going to have every dipstick in a mustang fox body doing burn outs on every straight stretch of road. Thanks Discovery. Hahaha!
Posted via Mobile Device

ProStreet68SB 06-11-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westbrookw (Post 6117896)
I watched. Looks fake. The camera hanging over the start area gave it away for me. Besides, nothing is street legal about those cars. Those cars should be on a track. It was exciting to watch, but those guys are going to spend more in fines and jail time than its worth. Go to a test and tune night. Now I am going to have every dipstick in a mustang fox body doing burn outs on every straight stretch of road. Thanks Discovery. Hahaha!
Posted via Mobile Device

So lemme get this straight. To street race, the car has to be street legal? EL OH EL.

Those are some of the baddest street cars in the nation. I've been following them for a couple of years now.

ScottG 06-11-2013 06:40 PM

This show it completely fake!! Cops with lights on in the distance at the end of the track WHILE THEY'RE RACING!!! Run your mouth like that at the Compton street races and see what happens daddy's boy...

hotrod 80 06-11-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 6118813)
This show it completely fake!! Cops with lights on in the distance at the end of the track WHILE THEY'RE RACING!!! Run your mouth like that at the Compton street races and see what happens daddy's boy...

They were at an airport when the spot races went down, not on the streets .

ksbrktracer 06-11-2013 07:19 PM

I hate to say it ........BUT I use to street race alot and for alot of money , the police , the fines ,loosing the license etc was no deterrent to us ......WE were gonna race one way or the other. All the while I only lived 10-12 miles from the track.

I have met a couple of the guys on the show and I do know that some of them run there cars pretty hard on the street.

I would be willing to bet that there were some concessions made by the police though to get this filmed.

okyankee 06-11-2013 11:02 PM

the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv. I work 2min from the chuck guys shop. the mustang was outside when I drove by also.

shortbed70 06-11-2013 11:28 PM

I want chiefs truck!!! 370 cu in Ls turbo!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

69trk 06-11-2013 11:38 PM

I'm doing something similar to chief's truck in my truck.. Old school is cool!!!

westbrookw 06-12-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProStreet68SB (Post 6118493)
So lemme get this straight. To street race, the car has to be street legal? EL OH EL.

Those are some of the baddest street cars in the nation. I've been following them for a couple of years now.

I have to say, I was under the impression these cars were street legal cars. I was wrong. Everyone has street raced in something, but to have the money and know how to build the cars they are building, why not do that on a track. For Discovery to glorify these guys is going to get someone hurt. I grew up around drag racing. So, to see trailered cars, wheelie bars, a skycam at the start just didn't look too outlaw to me. I have seen badder street cars at a track.
Posted via Mobile Device

ProStreet68SB 06-12-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westbrookw (Post 6119402)
I have to say, I was under the impression these cars were street legal cars. I was wrong. Everyone has street raced in something, but to have the money and know how to build the cars they are building, why not do that on a track. For Discovery to glorify these guys is going to get someone hurt. I grew up around drag racing. So, to see trailered cars, wheelie bars, a skycam at the start just didn't look too outlaw to me. I have seen badder street cars at a track.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have to remember. That farm truck runs low 10s... with more left in. Number one on the list, Murder Nova has been 4.7x in the 1/8. Which for most means he has a mid-low 7 second ride... hooking on the "street."

Here's an example of a well prepped OKC street with tons of pimp juice down.
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l2...25_3417708.jpg

westbrookw 06-12-2013 01:20 AM

What, no pics of Chuck sideways off the street? That was the best example of how stupid that is. Pay the $50 to run a track instead of the thousands in fines and loss of car. 4.7x is impressive, but a waste when caught.
Posted via Mobile Device

BR3W CITY 06-13-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 6118813)

Didn't you watch the equally horrible show that came before street outlawz that DID take place in Compton? Which was still just a bunch of dudes talking crap. The cars in OK are DRASTICALLY faster than the "hustle" cars you see on the streets out west, which are basically being built to be yanked off a trailer, make a pass and then leave. The only reason you can't talk smack on the la races is because of the attitudes of the people involved. I have no intention of getting shot at or hot-shotted over a hobby.

No show about ANYTHING illegal will ever be truly demonstrative of the events, attitudes and actions involved...put it this way, if you were doing something highly illegal that could get you arrested, or potentially hurt or kill yourself or someone else, would you REALLY plaster your real name and face knowingly on a nationally broadcast show? No. I'd hope no one is that full of hubris to think that no ill consequence would come of that.

ripdog28 06-13-2013 02:32 AM

Well the cars are BAD@$$ but im sick of the so called reality shows that are scripted. DOG, REPO, Turtle man..... the list goes on and on and on and........ You can not teach these guys how to act as fast as their cars go... horrible.

weircc 06-13-2013 09:24 PM

Anyone know how that guy died

okyankee 06-13-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weircc (Post 6122338)

our ups guy stops by chucks shop also. he was told the guys wife said she was leaving him. he said he would kill himself if she did. she did, he did. but that is word of mouth and that is what I heard. someone might know if that is true or not.

weircc 06-13-2013 09:58 PM

Terrible !!happens all the time though, had a Buddy do same thing . Did like show fake or not
Posted via Mobile Device

gofastnut 06-14-2013 02:49 PM

I love watching wild street cars, but not the loudmouths that go with them. I used to street race a fair amount. I just went to have fun. The older couple that lived at the "starting line" of our "track" used to sit out and watch us run! Then we got some loudmouth guys with some so-so fast cars....that was the beginning of the end. the ricers showed up, trashed the place, so the old couple started calling the cops.
Now no one goes there....
I'm a 20 years older, and a tiny bit wiser. I'll just go to the track now.
Reality TV is just that, SOMEONE'S reality. Seems not to be anybody's reality that we know.

Dieselwrencher 06-14-2013 03:44 PM

I as well used to street race. There were some guys that had cars in the 8's back then hooking on the street. It pretty easy to keep the cops at bay back then. Now the radio technology is a lot different and I doubt you'd get many passes in before it was shut down. I quit before I ruined my record too. The biggest down fall about this show is the BS bickering and how unsafe these guys represent themselves. The first show and they show 2 different guys about take some one out? Yeah, that's bad ass. How about these guys go support an actual race track that could probably use the money and would more than likely make them a class for them selves and could make their whole deal bigger than running from the law. STFU and race! :lol:

Indian113 06-14-2013 04:52 PM

Do you think any of the cars could pass a Tech Inspection?

ProStreet68SB 06-14-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian113 (Post 6123549)
Do you think any of the cars could pass a Tech Inspection?

Yes. I'm guessing 90% of them. Not only do they street race but they also do grudge races at tracks.

69trk 06-14-2013 10:28 PM

I can say one thing.. They support this track better than most people support their local track... During the winter most of these guys were painting, hauling trash, cleaning equipment etc. etc.... They done this at least 2 weekends that i know of...

limitedstreetoutlaw 06-17-2013 12:43 PM

Not here to argue about this but thought I would reply to a couple of the post.

Quote:

I watched. Looks fake. The camera hanging over the start area gave it away for me. Besides, nothing is street legal about those cars. Those cars should be on a track. It was exciting to watch, but those guys are going to spend more in fines and jail time than its worth. Go to a test and tune night.
What was you expecting YOU TUBE VIDEOS to be shown? It's a tv show shown on a national tv channel that means 1 permits witch means city knows what is going on. 2 That means local PD knows what is going on and is on location to block streets to help keep the dozen or so camera guys safe and away from harm. 3 that also explains the camera boom you saw and the construction lights on the side. I mean if there's no light you cant see what's going on. But will tell you there was no script when it came to the racing that was all legit the top 10 is took very SERIOUSLY Here in OK. Oh and they do track race every single one of them track race they just love street racing too.

Quote:

I was under the impression these cars were street legal cars. I was wrong.
They are Not daily drivers but some are drivin on the streets plenty.

Streets are not prepped. do a burn out in what ever you have VHT Pimp Juice ect. and drag it out as far as you can that's the only prep done.

shortbed70 06-17-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weircc (Post 6122338)

I read suicide... Either way fake or not these cars and trucks are fast.
Posted via Mobile Device