The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Before and After - not what you think (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=807224)

Scottsdale Doc 06-02-2020 06:12 PM

Before and After - not what you think

4 Attachment(s)
I spent lots of time and money restoring my fathers 85 Scottsdale and left it with a relative in Mississippi when we moved to Florida. Had less than 500 miles on the new 350 crate engine.
A family member managed to roll it in a ditch a few times, so will be heading back to MS in July to see the damage for myself as it's now under a tarp with the tires and rims off.
I expect next month I will be upgrading to premium membership and parting it out. So sad to see it go like that.

moregrip 06-02-2020 06:23 PM

Re: Before and After - not what you think

Ouuuuuch! Everyone ok?

Palf70Step 06-02-2020 07:03 PM

So sorry to hear/see that. Hope no one was hurt.

Scottsdale Doc 06-02-2020 07:30 PM

Thank you for your concern.
He had to be taken out of a window....and spent the night in hospital being watched due to head injury.
He went back to work after a week resting.
So far has not sent us any photos of the truck, I think he's too scared !

TrailerTrash 06-02-2020 09:14 PM

:(:(:(

Sorry to hear it

Axle 06-03-2020 12:53 PM

That sucks.
What kind of steering column have you got in her? That turn signal arm housing I don't recognize.

Scottsdale Doc 06-03-2020 05:49 PM

Well we brought a lot of parts from LMC, but the steering column was original. When I get to MS I should have a folder with all the receipts for parts so have something to refer to for taking apart to sell.

Nick_R_23 06-03-2020 08:00 PM

Man, that’s a shame, I’d ask if there was any chance it’s repairable, but with the dash mangled like that, I’m guessing it’s pretty severe. At least everyone made it out okay.

44th Miss Inf 06-03-2020 11:07 PM

I’m in Mississippi and know several who may be interested in parts here.

What seat is in it? I may be interested in that

Loco83 06-04-2020 04:01 PM

Damn shame.
:m6:

Scottsdale Doc 06-04-2020 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No, we have no intention now of putting more money into it.
We would like to get some back !

Seats are black leather bucket from an Audi. They were electric so the body shop built sliders for them and somehow hooked them up.
Here's a photo I found.

Pontiac1976 06-05-2020 07:17 AM

Wow that really sucks. Glad he in better shape then the truck.

Palf70Step 06-05-2020 04:42 PM

Not sure where you're at (while truck), but I am on the coast of MS , so if you need a hand with anything when you come up and you are not too far off, I'll be glad to help you get it situated.

Scottsdale Doc 07-03-2020 11:43 AM

We will be based about 45 mins north of Hattiesburg, in the country about 13 miles from Prentiss. Family member works in Hattiesburg. We will be overnighting in Biloxi to break up the drive.
Have thread on parts board as I'm not sure if I should bring some parts back with me. Original door hinges, and have a new oil pan for a 350 engine.
Some odd original parts too.

Scottsdale Doc 07-25-2020 02:15 PM

5 Attachment(s)
The "after" was worse than we imagined. There does not appear to be any damage to the frame. Apparantly our family member just spent quite a bit of money putting a lowering kit on. Not sure why the salvage yard took the tires off...maybe they thought we would just leave it there.
We would like to sell it just for parts, if anyone would be interested in taking it off our hands. We have the stereo in a box, new AC parts never installed...
Have posted an ad in trucks for sale.

Matt Man 07-25-2020 03:58 PM

Good lord must have been quite a tumble!

hatzie 07-25-2020 05:19 PM

Kinda looks like they started taking more than the wheels off the truck before it was retrieved.

The missing dash pad and the driver seat dumped unceremoniously in the cab tells me you lost more than a few parts to the thieves at the salvage operation that "stored" it.
If the dash pad was FUBAR it would still be there crunched up on top of the dash.

I never let the tow trucks take a wrecked vehicle anywhere other than my property. I have a 10,000 lb trailer and a front end loader for moving severely damaged stuff like that truck around.
If the insurance company totals it and I don't buy it back... they have to get their property off mine in short order or pay storage fees.

Scottsdale Doc 07-27-2020 03:50 PM

From what we were told, the first responders had to do something with the seat to get him out via a window.
You're right about the salvage yard, the truck was nearer to our house than their yard. They phoned the last day and said if not collected it was theirs and they had removed the wheels to make it more awkward.
We now have it behind the house, and hope to find someone who can use it for parts. We have $32K in the truck....and only want to recover $2500.

heartattack 07-28-2020 09:34 AM

If its located in Prentiss, Mississippi I would like to come take a look at it to see if there is anything I can use. I am only 30 to 45 minutes away. Just let me know.

Scottsdale Doc 07-28-2020 10:05 AM

HeartAttack - sent you a PM, happy for you to view.