The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   '60 GMC 4x4 Long Fenderside (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=433482)

FAT TONY 03-01-2012 08:38 PM

Re: '60 GMC 4x4 Long Fenderside

any updates?

chevy_man5 03-02-2012 12:09 AM

I haven't had time to mess around with the pictures yet. I did just pick up a spin on oil filter adapter from a board member. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=496864 So hopefully I keep the truck. If for some reason I don't keep it, then I'll re-sell it to someone else on here.

My kids and I have been going over and helping another board member work on his truck, so we can at least get some truck therapy in! LOL

The property division mediation is the end of next week, and the trial is at the end of the week after that, so i should know more soon! :metal:

FAT TONY 03-02-2012 08:23 PM

well hopefully it all goes well , ive been having trouble finding the thermostat housing i need, tomorrow im going to a pick-a-park a couple minutes from where i live hopefully i find something there and if not i will buy it off one of the board members or eBay depending on which one is in better condition

chevy_man5 03-08-2012 11:16 PM

:metal::metal: WOOOHOOOO :metal::metal:

I get to keep my truck!!!:metal::metal:

Had a settlement meeting today, and gave her half of my retirement account, so I could keep the truck and my Harley! She accepted! The attorneys approved it, we signed it, and it is already in the mail to the judge. As soon as he signs it, it'll be 100% over!!!

FAT TONY 03-08-2012 11:21 PM

good to know :D ..... although half of your retirement account sound like its alot , and when will u start progress on your truck again?

C@rnut001 03-08-2012 11:26 PM

That sounds great...I hope it works out well for you and you can get started working on your truck again real soon!

chevy_man5 03-08-2012 11:34 PM

Thanks guys!

Tony, we wiped out 3/4 of the retirement account last year for her "treatment" programs, so there wasn't much left anyway.

My son is at his mom's this weekend, so probably won't do much until next weekend when he can be here. I will be out puttering with it until then though! LOL

Dub_X 03-08-2012 11:40 PM

Congrats Jason! Real glad you get to keep the truck and the Harley. It would have been just wrong if she got that truck. Something you have kept around for so long, I can imagine why you didn't wanna let go. Glad to know you get to keep it. Can't wait to see how it goes down the road, man. Again, congrats. Starting a new build if you wanna check it out. It's starting with a Suburban. Actually, haven't done anything yet except bring the Suburban home. Go check out the thread and read up. Lol.

bubba327 03-09-2012 12:13 AM

Jason - I know you will be so relieved when all this is done!! I cannot even imagine what you have been through.
Was afraid that I was going to have to hide out that 383 of yours for awhile at my house:devil:
Boise roadster show is this weekend- I think we are going Friday night.

chevy_man5 03-09-2012 12:19 AM

Actually, she sold it for "living expenses" LOL Oh well, it's not like I can't build another! I already have a .030 over block in my garage now.

I am going over to help Murdoc with his '50 tomorrow night after work. Thinking about heading over there this weekend sometime though.

bubba327 03-09-2012 12:24 AM

I admire your spirit through all this!
What are you and nick working on? Did he find a 50 truck?? When he already has a boatload of 60-66 stuff???

chevy_man5 03-09-2012 12:34 AM

The '50 was the first vehicle he bought. He is tired of it at this point, and wants to clean it up and sell it. My kids and I have been helping him the last few weekends with the sanding and masking, so he can get a coat of primer on it, and "pretty" it up.

I needed some wrenching time, and he volunteered his truck. LOL

bubba327 03-09-2012 12:43 AM

Five window or three??? I gotta ask -- even though I DO not need any more projects, but I gotta know.................. it really is a sickness you know-------------

Alan's Classic 03-09-2012 12:44 AM

Happy for ya!! Glad things are working out.

chevy_man5 03-09-2012 12:49 AM

Its a 3 window Bubba. PM me your cell number if you want, and I'll send you a picture tomorrow night.

I told him to put a build thread on here, so everyone could see it. But he just wants to get rid of it. It's pretty solid, and the skilled sanding it is receiving probably makes it worth 2 or 3 dollars more. LOL

Hmmm I did notice that you capitalized DO. LOL

I understand the sickness. LOL

Thanks Alan!

bubba327 03-09-2012 12:55 AM

I better sign off here before I consider this too much- My kid wants to go to college pretty badly. I need to get some other projects cleaned up my self.
But I will have a 5 window someday. that is my bucket dream
Maybe we will see you at the roadster show !!

Captainfab 03-09-2012 02:25 AM

Congrats to getting to keep your truck and your Harley Jason. I know it will be a relief to be able to put this all behind you soon.

chevy_man5 03-09-2012 09:05 AM

Thanks Captain!! It is a tremendous relief already. When I actually have the paper in hand it will be even better!!

chevy_man5 03-09-2012 09:17 AM

The first project will be to get her running and driving. It turned over and fired earlier, so I have high hopes!!

The clutch seems to be stuck disengaged, and there is no pedal at all. I was going to bleed the clutch slave, but could not find a wrench the right size. I tried SAE and metric, and nothing fit quite right. I didn't spend much time on it though, so will get back into it now.

The master cylinder had leaked almost dry, so the line is probably full of air, but wouldn't that stick the clutch engaged?

Then on to getting her to stop better. My son and I bled the brakes before, and got some decent pedal, but I want to do it again, to make sure all is well.

Hope to have it terrorizing the neighbors shortly! LOL

duallyjams 03-09-2012 10:01 AM

Glad you finally get to move on.

j.kirn 03-10-2012 11:01 AM

Thanks for the nomination for the calender and hope to see some progress on your truck, i will be watching

McMurphy 03-11-2012 03:49 PM

Congrats on the light at the end of the tunnel!
I know EXACTLY how you feel about not wanting to exhale until you get the paper in your hand, my divorce was the same way.

Weren't you doing a build with your stepdaughter? What is the status on that one, in the crapper I suppose....

Sorry if I am poking a sore spot, but you spend enough time reading these boards you cannot help but develop a bit of a connection to the people that post the progress, as well as the bumps in the road of life.

Looking forward to more on your build, and pics !!

chevy_man5 03-11-2012 07:18 PM

Thanks McMurphy! I had a friend ask me if I knew why divorces were so expensive. I told him no, why, expecting a joke. He said it's because they are worth it. LOL So very true!!

Yep, my Step-Daughter and I were building her a 65 C-10. The link to that build is in the first post of this one. It is a sore spot, but no worries. It sucks more for her (she paid for everything, and got nothing back). Hopefully she will be able to have her dad help her, or a boyfriend or something.

She still has the truck, and all the parts. We had most of the difficult stuff done, and were ready to start re-assembling.

Didn't have much time this weekend, but got the fuel pump on the truck, and cleaned up around the oil filter adapter. I purchased a spin on style adapter from another board member, so was prepping to take the canister style one off, and put on the new one.

Here is the adapter. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=496864

Must have scrapped 20+ pounds of caked on oil and grease off around the oil filter. This thing is going to go faster just because it is MUCH lighter. LOL

duallyjams 03-11-2012 07:51 PM

When I changed my V6 to a spin on I just bought some gasket material and made my own gasket.

chevy_man5 03-11-2012 08:04 PM

I have a full gasket set for the engine, and it has 2 different gaskets in it for the oil filter mount to block, but neither of them will fit. The bolt holes line up, but the oil passages are different.

What gasket material did you use for yours duallyjams?