The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   '68 air ride. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=732765)

Travis-65lincoln 03-30-2017 12:40 PM

Re: '68 air ride.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Makeit (Post 7900918)
airbagit. airslamit. sound pretty close, you honestly shouldn't be surprised if folks confused the two. should have put a bit more thought into that, don't you think?

good luck. i think you're really gonna need it.

Honestly would it matter what name the company is? Because we are in Mesa or even AZ for that matter we would be put in the same category.

But it's all good my friend word of mouth now a days travels fast :)

hewittca 03-30-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis-65lincoln (Post 7901148)
Honestly would it matter what name the company is? Because we are in Mesa or even AZ for that matter we would be put in the same category.

I'm going to have to agree with Willie. From an air ride outsiders perspective currently looking into getting an air setup for my truck, I've heard of the bad reputation for airbagit. Knowing that they use a few different names, I automatically assumed airslamit was associated with them and didn't even bother looking into what your company has to offer because of that. That's going to be a hard misconception to shake for newcomers like me.

Travis-65lincoln 03-30-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hewittca (Post 7901212)
I'm going to have to agree with Willie. From an air ride outsiders perspective currently looking into getting an air setup for my truck, I've heard of the bad reputation for airbagit. Knowing that they use a few different names, I automatically assumed airslamit was associated with them and didn't even bother looking into what your company has to offer because of that. That's going to be a hard misconception to shake for newcomers like me.

It will just take time, and good thing is we knew this going in. Thanks for your input.

Willie Makeit 03-30-2017 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis-65lincoln (Post 7901148)

one of the best & most innovative air ride suppliers in the entire industry is in AZ and i have NEVER heard of anyone getting him confused with airbagit, airslamit, aircrapit or air-anything-it for that matter.

names matter bro.

negativity is the hardest thing to overcome for ANY business, much less a new business. regardless of whether it's true or not.

not trying to beat you up, only offering a perspective from a person who has purchased thousands of dollars in air ride components over the past 10 years or so. as a consumer, negative word of mouth travels much much faster than positive.

Travis-65lincoln 03-30-2017 02:30 PM

I agree with you to a point and this is a good conversation so no worries about beating me up. This is good info, look man the good can't come with out out the bad. The bad is telling you what you need to fix or improve on. So hearing anything from customer could and should be used to help move any company forward.

I do agree bad news travels very fast. But you have to remember the C10 "group" if you will is small and tight bunch compared to the rest of the industry. So it is a little easier to separate yourself or make waves...lol. Also Alot of big and small companies in AZ use us to buy accuair or Airlift products because we always stock deep.

andrewmp6 03-31-2017 03:14 AM

Travis you guys should look in to becoming on a vendor on here.We have a huge market on here with all the years trucks on here.

Travis-65lincoln 03-31-2017 12:04 PM

Your right. Im gonna look in to that. Run special for any member of this forum. Let me find out how to do that.

andrewmp6 04-01-2017 09:15 AM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/payments.php

Rochlow 04-06-2017 10:48 PM

You only spend 10k on Porterbuilt if you use the extreme level kits. If you use the entry level kits it will be comparable to other kits

Dwyert4 06-24-2017 10:07 PM

So, has anyone used the airmaxx kit? I'm just looking for a system more for lowering when parked and lifting while driving. Already have a 2-5 lowering kit but looking for a better stance and a little lower while parked.

azle 07-10-2017 02:04 PM

I would do it! I would also add this to the set up
https://store.airslamit.com/default/...ual-panel.html
Azle

Robznob11 07-31-2017 11:52 PM

For the OP.... you dont need a kit! Its not hard to bag a c10! Look at my bagged hot rod thread! Real deal top of the line equipment for cheap! If you know what to get then you can save money by shopping around! And for anyone wanting to ball on it cause its manual ....oh well thats what i wanted! I could have had the slam specialities manifold for $100 more but decided to keep it simple, accuair v4 would have only been $200 more😂