The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Engine & Drivetrain (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   clinebarger, did I miss something? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=772707)

TexasT 10-06-2018 12:24 PM

clinebarger, did I miss something?

Seems he hasnt been on the site since april and sez "no longer here" in his name thing.
He was full of good info, and I got something out of his posts.
Did I miss where he passed, or got the ban hammer? TIA

cadillac_al 10-06-2018 12:59 PM

Re: clinebarger, did I miss something?

I miss him too. He got tired of the drama around here. I hope he comes back someday.

68gmsee 10-06-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadillac_al (Post 8358279)
I miss him too. He got tired of the drama around here. I hope he comes back someday.

Drama? I must have missed something also. I know there was a thing going with him and another member at one time but Clinebarger was the main man in my book. I don't mess with transmissions but I also hope he comes back. A lot of members profited from his knowledge.

truckster 10-06-2018 04:42 PM

He was absolutely the go-to guy for anything having to do with transmissions. I hope he comes back, too.

Tom 10-06-2018 05:43 PM

We really should have ran that one member outta here so clinebarger stayed. Dangit.

faribran 10-06-2018 07:40 PM

Funny I see this post. I was wondering the same thing. I play with 4l60e's and as mentioned HE is a world of dependable info.

mongocanfly 10-06-2018 10:21 PM

True...one bad apple spoils the whole barrel.....i cant say i blame him....im sure hes staying busy...he is missed on here though...

SunSoaked 10-06-2018 11:00 PM

Well if he went over to Pirate he'll be back soon. Talk about drama.

Captainfab 10-06-2018 11:36 PM

I agree that he is a wealth of knowledge particularly regarding transmissions. We can only hope that he will come back.

Clyde65 10-07-2018 11:53 AM

I have visited with him a few times about coming back. I think that one instance mentioned above was the breaking point, not the only time tho.

Boog 10-11-2018 12:16 PM

There are always going to be differences of opinion between folks. It’s how you handle those differences is what matters. Some folks just can’t leave a topic alone and has to have the last word and there lies the problem.
Few members know it but in your user control panel there is a place to block all posts by (insert name here) and you won’t have to read anything they post. I myself have used it some years ago.
It’s there for this very situation and might prevent good people from leaving our forums.

homemade87 10-13-2018 08:16 AM

This is good to know . Never new it existed . I do know who the poster is and just skip over there post in other threads as well with out reading . I think I will try it out .

Wish we had him back as well . There is a difference in difference in opinion and harassment . Clinebarger got tired of the latter .

GASoline71 10-16-2018 07:33 PM

He helped me a ton with the probs I was having with a 4L80E. What a good dude and a wealth of knowledge on GM transmissions. I really miss the BS sessions we had via PM's... :(

Gary

Chevyrestorerman 10-19-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8361820)
There are always going to be differences of opinion between folks. It’s how you handle those differences is what matters. Some folks just can’t leave a topic alone and has to have the last word and there lies the problem.
Few members know it but in your user control panel there is a place to block all posts by (insert name here) and you won’t have to read anything they post. I myself have used it some years ago.
It’s there for this very situation and might prevent good people from leaving our forums.

This works great, I wonder if one could do this by thread ?

User panel (insert this thread here)

Daaaanz67 10-20-2018 03:24 AM

Didn’t know he was gone, he was a real asset to this community. Really enjoyed reading the info that he would provide.

jamyers 10-20-2018 08:13 PM

Awww, man... He was a terrific help to me, his 700R4 thread is the best on the internet, bar none.

truckster 10-20-2018 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyrestorerman (Post 8367521)
This works great, I wonder if one could do this by thread ?

User panel (insert this thread here)

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you don't want to read a thread you can just skip over it. If you use Firefox, hovering over the link will let you read the first few lines so you know if it's something you're interested in.

Ironangel 10-25-2018 12:50 PM

I miss the heck out him and hope he's ok...He was a wealth of information and shared his experience freely and in great detail you dont find anywhere on the interweb. He taught me how to rebuild turbo 350's with insight that no manual has. Sure wish he'd come back because this forum aint the same without him...

crazy longhorn 10-26-2018 07:56 PM

When Cline talked, this old man listened ;) I hope he comes back also....Longhorn:chevy:

Dustytrix 10-26-2018 08:23 PM

He is on LS1Tech, but its hard to get a word in there edgeways. I sure could use some of his advice now and then.

solidaxel 02-11-2019 12:56 AM

Thanks for the help

68post 02-11-2019 07:48 PM

That's too bad he's gone, but I hope he can reconsider a return in the future. I trusted his experience completely.

toolboxchev 02-17-2019 03:32 AM

I would definitely agree, he IS a true asset to this community. Someone knows where he is and how he is doing.
He'll lets us know.