The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Project Eat Soot (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=575179)

DeadheadNM 07-13-2013 08:17 PM

Re: Project Eat Soot

Looks great - subscribed! How about some interior pics? Did you part with the original motor?

Eat Soot 07-16-2013 04:54 PM

Rgreat----I had my buddy fab that out of solid aluminum, bolts to firewall and you twist in the master cylinder worked out sweet.
I gave away the original engine that was in it.

bigblock68 07-16-2013 05:14 PM

looking good,going downtown on saturday??

Eat Soot 07-16-2013 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rick- got the rear bumper on. Came out good. Thanks

Eat Soot 06-09-2014 11:48 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello Gents, I have finally got around to try and finish things up on this thing. I have been mainly been working on interior. I'm also thinking about adding full trim to it. Here are some progress shots.

Eat Soot 06-09-2014 11:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
few more...some pics are way to dark and crappy.

Eat Soot 06-09-2014 12:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
few more

Dieselwrencher 06-09-2014 08:58 PM

The interior looks awesome! Great work. Nice garage and shop too! I think upper and lower trim will just add more to it and it will look great!

Eat Soot 09-09-2014 07:30 PM

All you experts have any thoughts on value of this thing?
May be tossing the idea around of moving it. I have no top for it at the moment.
Thanks

IwantaK5 09-10-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat Soot (Post 6836741)
All you experts have any thoughts on value of this thing?
May be tossing the idea around of moving it. I have no top for it at the moment.
Thanks

I don't know the value but i have seen people asking 18k-22k for junk frame on resto's. Your blazer is really nice! and the 12v is awesome.

Eat Soot 02-16-2015 01:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello again gents, Finally getting to do somethings to the Blazer to get it ready for Summer. The original top I had was is tough shape it had huge cracks and the rear hatch was duct taped together. Long story short put it on CL for free and it went bye bye. Thanks to BigBlock68, he had a nice top only a few mins from my house. I picked it up psi washed it, scotch brited and shot it with epoxy primer then single stage. Came out pretty good for my first paint job....Good thing it was textured! Got it installed over the weekend and cleaned up the winter dust film. Next up is to fix the front fender body gaps and install full trim. Also need to get the factory heater working again, my turbo is all over the heater core enclosure so I need to mount the turbo in a different spot. My install a intercooler while I'm at it. On to some pics.

Eat Soot 02-16-2015 01:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This one is after I scrubbed it some. Need to wax and polish wheels still.
The other pics were at a car show last year with the red K5 that we installed the LS engine and 4L60 trans.

rgreathouse 02-16-2015 01:58 PM

Eat_soot what's the paint code if you don't mine me asking?

Eat Soot 02-16-2015 02:37 PM

Rgreat...It's just the factory Medium Blue I believe the code is: 510

I have been watching you build as well....Keep it up looks awesome!

Eat Soot 06-17-2015 05:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello All, I wanted to change the looks some after driving it around a couple years. I hope add full trim soon. For now I switched the tires around for all you white letter fans out there....It looks much better...bringing 80s back
What you think? Good Bad?

ClassicStyle 06-17-2015 09:03 PM

I love your truck. I watched it on eBay, by far one of my favorite Blazers. If I could get a buyer for my hotrod I would of been all over it.

Eat Soot 06-18-2015 09:51 AM

Thanks Classic, Yes I have a bad itch for a 68 RS Camaro is why it was on Ebay for a bit. I have backed off some on that thought at the moment anyway.

ClassicStyle 06-18-2015 10:07 AM

Yea sometimes you just want something new, I've had a blazer itch for months now haha, finally broke down and decided if need to let something go to make it happen, wife won't let her caddie go so my 32' c5 vette is next lol

http://s18.postimg.org/fn74xoccp/image.jpg
free upload pictures

Eat Soot 06-18-2015 10:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WHOA! That's a sweet ride! Yes how come the wives always seem to have some issue with our plans? I had a 68 Camaro for years and sold it like a dumb ass.....here is a quick pic of it.

ClassicStyle 06-18-2015 11:11 AM

Thank you and I know, I don't see the problem with multiple cars for multiple situations haha. She does.

What a great looking camaro, what'd it have for a powertrain? A hotrod would look good in that driveway too ;)

Dieselwrencher 06-18-2015 04:06 PM

I like the look of white letters out on these trucks! Yours looks great that way too! I hear you guys on the multiple vehicles. I still have an itch for a manual trans muscle car again. I guess it'll have to wait a while. :lol:

Lieferson 06-19-2015 01:53 PM

a 12V swap and you're in Washington? I hope I get to see this rig some day! Very nice work. :thumbs:

Eat Soot 03-30-2017 02:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, Gents I'm back. After selling the "Blue Turd" towards the end of last summer. I've had the itch to build Blazer #4....The old K5 Cummins now lives in California under the sun.

Last week a 1969 K5 landed in my lap and I just had to have it! Its a factory CST Blazer as well so for me it makes it sweeter. Previous owner pretty much stripped it all down so next week it will get the tub sandblasted along with the frame, I already grabbed some 3/4 ton axle for it so hope to have it in epoxy and a rolling chassis soon as my 6" lift shows up. The tub is excellent shape as it has been stored inside for years. Very little rust repair that I can see, Hopefully after sandblasting I will have more the a windshield frame...Haha
Here is the plan so far...3/4 ton axles, 6" lift, 37" BFG (white out of course) 18" wheels, 6.0 LS swap with 4L80e......the Cummins was sweet but I plan to have a little more getty up on this one.

One to pics as she sits now. If i remember how.

Tom Vogel 03-31-2017 07:24 AM

Looks like a pretty solid body.

Eat Soot 06-15-2017 12:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well Gents finally getting some time into the old girl. Trying to get it back into a roller and get frame and axles finished so I can drop the body back on to do the body work. After building the last one I forgot how fun these are to do...haven't had to cuss too much yet....putting the Cummins in the last one I had a lot more of those conversations with myself....body, frame and axles sandblasted epoxy primered and painted. Anyway on to progress pics!