The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=456163)

flips72 02-12-2012 06:32 PM

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

any word on the tailgate?

chad64chevy 02-12-2012 08:29 PM

it was a no go clyde65 had an appt. with him at 4p.m. and he told clyde65 when he called that mourning that there was a guy coming at 3p.m. to get everything and he didnt want to just sell the tailgate an hood, what a jerk!! its ok i'll just spend that money elsewhere, lol!! but things like this is why its taking me a lil longer to get my truck back together!! my tailgate is O.K. for a driver, i just wanted to get a nicer one for when i get ready to paint it all!!

57truckguy 02-14-2012 01:56 AM

Hey too bad about the tailgate.. I've got one only $12999 comes witha running truck,, LOL

chad64chevy 02-19-2012 03:30 PM

well much much done on the truck, had a long talk with my moms attorney last week! as to why its taking him almost 5 yrs. to settle from her accident!! he had some papers for my mom to sign on last monday and is suppost to have some papers from her insurance company this next week, this attorney sucks!!

on a side note i did get a floor shift column thats for a 65 chevy truck, now i can take the 60's chevelle column out! it had worked for moving it around and didnt need to be cut, just change the rag joint for another one i had to make it work!! i'll get some pictures of the column up tomorrow, i'll find out something about the tailgate today or tomorrow, i'll keep you posted!!

McMurphy 02-19-2012 05:27 PM

Sorry to hear about your mom's attorney woes.
Not to advocate anyone's business officially but up here in Fairbanks there is this:
http://slowdownalaska.org/

On the radio Ward Merdes voice starts with "Hello I am Ward Merdes and for 20 years I have been representing Alaskans smeared in automobile accidents..."

One of their spots goes to say "Parents looking to buy their children their first car often ask if they should choose the economy car or the 1972 pick up truck. While we cannot make this decision for you, what we can tell you is that when the compact car meets the 72 pickup, it is usually the truck that wins."

There is another in the series that talks about insurance companies jerking people around on their claims. It is great stuff, I wish I could record them!!

Just some funny stuff on the subject if you need a smile or two....

57truckguy 02-23-2012 01:59 AM

You know I've been telling my kids to slow down for years.. doesn't seem to work, my daughter is a nurse in the trama center where all the cops go who've been shot or injured on the job and she says they wouldn't dare give here a ticket.. LOL she's been stopped at least 10 times in the last 5 years and no tickets.. one of them was a former patience of her's a couple of years ago... I guess she may be right.. You know I made my daughter drive a pick up so here friends would'nt want to ride with here... worked wonders... They always drove...

McMurphy 02-23-2012 02:38 PM

That is funny 57, what you said about getting your daughter a truck....
I been noticing that 4door cars are really popular with the younger generation these days. My best friend always said he would never own a 4 door because 4 door cars were only good for Taxis and Cop Cars, and he didnt want to be in either one of those !!

He told me that about 30 years ago and I never forgot it.

giles70chevy 02-23-2012 11:37 PM

Hey Chad64chevy,

I just found your build. Looks good.

I also live in Poteau, well actually in Shady Point now, but.... Wish I had found this build earlier. My brother has alot of this year model parts. If you need something, let me know.

chad64chevy 02-24-2012 12:51 AM

thats cool i live by the wal-mart in poteau, but my trucks in bokoshe! would your bother happen to live in shady point too?? i heard from a guy at work theres a few trucks as your getting into shady point turn left at the gas station and about 2 miles down that road theres a few trucks and the guy owns a yellow stepside thats really nice!!

giles70chevy 02-24-2012 06:39 PM

No, that's not my brother, but I know the place you're talking about. I also live out that way.....out on Calhoun road.

My brother lives in Broken Bow.

There's a guy I go to church with that might have some 64-66 C10 stuff. If you need anything, let me know.

PM me if you ever need anything......

57truckguy 02-25-2012 02:34 AM

Well a big ten4 on not wanting to be in a cop car or a taxi.. went to NY a few years ago and took a taxi, Lets just say it was not a good experience, I felt as if I needed a bath after the 20 minute ride.. LOL lll not really funny. but you know what I mean...

chad64chevy 02-29-2012 06:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
ok so a small update, i got my carpet samples in the other day! had them send me 3 samples of blue, i then i asked the wife what color she liked, then my 3 yr. old wanted to see so i asked her what color she liked, and then i asked my 2 yr. old boy want color! the funny thing is none of them were in the room with each other and all 3 picked the same color blue! we picked the middle color blue cause the left color is a hair lighter and i still have to clear coat it, it might be hard to tell in the picture, but anyways heres some pictures!!

on a side note: have you ever heard it happens in 3's?? well my water heater went out, then my cell phone (so i couldn't take pictures), and then my computer crashed and i had to get a new power supply that costed $65 and took three days to get here, but only took 5-10 mins. to connect wires and put 3 screws in, lol!!

57truckguy 03-01-2012 02:12 AM

Why did it take 3 days to get there ,,,l??? Just go to the local Best Buys and get it and put it in... No Problemo... ?????

Well now I understand.. Looked it up on mapquest... your town is about the same size as mine.. New Palestine, Ind... at least you have two interstate off/on ramps.. LHa Ha

padresag 03-01-2012 02:26 PM

you mean this one?
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3114/fueltankp.jpg
By rondavid at 2012-02-29
ron

57truckguy 03-02-2012 02:13 AM

yes I agree the one on the right is too dark for your truck. and the one in the middle appears correct..

Must be the orginal crotch rocket

57truckguy 03-04-2012 01:33 AM

Chad did you get any of that weather that went through a couple of days ago.l.. ???? You may have seen in Indiana a town was almost wiped off the map// I'm from just 40 miles west of there.. Mom still lives there... she was OK..

chad64chevy 03-04-2012 04:01 PM

ya 57truckguy, i seen thats on the news this weekend!! i'm glad you and your mom are ok and that nothing happened to you guys!!

chad64chevy 03-04-2012 04:06 PM

i was at the inlaws up in tulsa this weekend, when i first got there i had my wifes brother go with me to the scrap yard! i had went through 10-12 jeep cherokee's just to find 2 sets of the door checks, that werent tore up or broke! i was going to get a few sets and put them in the for sale section on here

McMurphy 03-05-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5229781)
i was at the inlaws up in tulsa this weekend, when i first got there i had my wifes brother go with me to the scrap yard! i had went through 10-12 jeep cherokee's just to find 2 sets of the door checks, that werent tore up or broke! i was going to get a few sets and put them in the for sale section on here

Damage.... I would have been your first customer!
those are on my scavenger list too, as well as the relays. At -20* like today and thigh deep snow (I am 6ft tall) junk yards just are not as much fun right now.
Drop a tool in 4 feet of snow, and either spend a large part of your time digging for it, or tell it good bye!

LOL

awbrown 03-07-2012 06:25 PM

and we are at 65 degrees and sunshine here in Michigan ,bet we get that cold back in a few days ... fells like one of those days you just cant help but work on your truck...

McMurphy 03-07-2012 09:39 PM

We just finished with a snow storm that dumped another 12" of winter wonderland on us.
Not good for working outside, but we are going to be doing a lot of skiing for the next few weeks until it is too slushy to be fun.

flips72 03-08-2012 11:24 AM

just got caught up on your thread, good choice on the carpet.it will look great. sure am glad i dont live in alaska Mcmurphy is one tough son of a gun:metal:

chad64chevy 03-09-2012 06:37 PM

thanks flips for the comment! i'm hoping to get the big back window and carpet and all weatherstripping in before or by summer, then the inside of my cab will be pretty much done and soild!! anyways glad to hear from you

57truckguy 03-13-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5229776)
ya 57truckguy, i seen thats on the news this weekend!! i'm glad you and your mom are ok and that nothing happened to you guys!!

thank you it blew over mons but no damage..

chad64chevy 03-26-2012 04:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well its been about two weeks, and not alot to call progress! but i did do something this weekend, i started to cut down my steering column! to make it shorter and have a lil more room in the cab! i copied "shrunken66storker", and i have been looking through the 60-66 truck pics trying to find a truck close to the same color i want to paint mine, or a plain jane that i could have had photoshopped the way i want my truck to change my avatar!! anyways i found a truck, i dont know whos it is but if there on here i would like more pictures!! i like the way the truck looks but instead of all the chrome, i'm painting mine silver, and there wont be any white on mine and as far as custom trim im just going to have the cab sail and that will be painted silver too! i also got a rc truck like mine and i started painting it i will get pictures in the next couple days! i need to but it back together, atleast that way i will have one truck done the way i want, lol!! anyways hers a few pictures!! first two pics are of shunken66storkers, i had to cut 3" out of it!!