The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Squarebody Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Shop truck build (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622194)

StorminNorman 01-22-2018 01:56 AM

Re: Shop truck build

What thickness rotors are those belltech spindles for ?.
I ask cuz I have recently ordered set of belltech spindles and they look like they were made in the crappiest foundry on earth. No part numbers or ID at all.

Whamo 01-22-2018 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by StorminNorman (Post 8167039)
What thickness rotors are those belltech spindles for ?.
I ask cuz I have recently ordered set of belltech spindles and they look like they were made in the crappiest foundry on earth. No part numbers or ID at all.

I have the 1 1/4" rotors...Belltech part #3100...I got mine through Summit since they offer free shipping and I usually get my parts the day after I order them...Summit's part # is BEL-3100.

Man that sucks and is concerning...I've crawled under a crazy # of trucks in the last couple years to check out different set-ups and have seen nothing but super quality out of Belltech...Did you get them from Summit or Belltech?

Here is a closer pic of the spindle

Woodyboat 01-22-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whamo (Post 8165647)
Benefit #12 of living by yourself...nobody complains about the gas tank in the kitchen...
#lifewinning

EXACTLY!

All my so-called friends wonder what is wrong with me and why I have not remarried after my divorce in 2010. Somehow telling them it's because "I don't want to..." isn't good enough. They seem to feel that, as a man, I owe it to some woman somewhere to become her meal ticket and provide for her while she completely wrecks my life, my hobbies, my interests, my dreams .... and of course, my Big Dooley.

Whamo 01-23-2018 06:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
My crew and I are back in the groove and we are cooking with cow chips!

Here are a few pics of the front end with the new steering components before the new spindles go on...

Whamo 01-23-2018 07:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Soooo...my Pop is retired and has been without a hot rod for a couple years...I got this txt from him the other day...Bored. Need a project. Bring me the bench seat, I'll recover it. Well, as a good son, if my Dad needs a project it is my responsibility to help him out!!

Whamo 01-23-2018 07:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Very pleased at how little rust was under the floor mat...just a bit surface crust here and there on the driver's side...scrubbed it the wire brush and slapped on the POR 15...I was quite surprised at how watery this stuff is...covered great be is definitely going need a second coat.

The plan is DynaMat Everything before laying the carpet (Annabelle ain't gonna know how to act with all this fancy stuff)...any of you fellers have experience with DynaMat? Comments? Suggestions? Pics?

flashed 01-23-2018 07:49 AM

I used Peel n Seal from Lowe's ,worked good and much much cheaper .

daddyjeep 01-23-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8167983)
I used Peel n Seal from Lowe's ,worked good and much much cheaper .

x2.... I did the peel and seal with some bubble wrap type duct insulation over top. It really did a nice job and cost a fraction of what dynamat costs.

StorminNorman 01-23-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whamo (Post 8167071)
I have the 1 1/4" rotors...Belltech part #3100...I got mine through Summit since they offer free shipping and I usually get my parts the day after I order them...Summit's part # is BEL-3100.

Man that sucks and is concerning...I've crawled under a crazy # of trucks in the last couple years to check out different set-ups and have seen nothing but super quality out of Belltech...Did you get them from Summit or Belltech?

Here is a closer pic of the spindle

Yeah I have the 3100's as well, also from Summit. But mine look way rougher than yours. Im not sure what to do. Had these for 3-4 months now.
Made my own thread on it :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...12#post8168712

Whamo 01-31-2018 08:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not much progress in the last week...Dad and I did manage to get the new seat covers on...probably should've bought a new seat pad, but it is a dramatic improvement...

Whamo 02-03-2018 07:48 AM

After a bunch of research and some guidance from dieseldawg142 I ordered 50 sq ft of Fatmat's Mega Mat...I'll pic detail the install...

Whamo 02-07-2018 07:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Happy to report that we slapped the slick new spindles on and hooked up the drop shackle and hanger kit - all Belltech...I DIG IT!! The stance is exactly what I was hoping for...

Woodyboat 02-07-2018 08:18 PM

WOW! I LOVE IT!

That is exactly the stance I want for my Crew Cab Dually.

Whamo 02-07-2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodyboat (Post 8180895)
WOW! I LOVE IT!

That is exactly the stance I want for my Crew Cab Dually.

Thank you!
I can't believe how nice and how easy the Belltech stuff is...

Palf70Step 02-08-2018 11:14 AM

Stance looks great on the truck.

Whamo 02-09-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 8181417)
Stance looks great on the truck.

Thank you Bill!

Whamo 02-09-2018 10:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Update on a few little things...

decided to do some cosmetic surgery on the Ole Girl’s dash and grill...🤨 Doing this operation myself cause last time I paid fer some bolt on’s her warranty ran out before they did...

Cut a bunch out of the grill and gonna fix up some gutter grabber mesh behind it...

Don’t know what I’m doin with the dash yet

rip2174 02-09-2018 11:36 AM

What size are the wheels and tires?

Whamo 02-10-2018 09:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Cut up, glued up, waiting to be cleaned up...yes, that is Play Doh don’t judge...

Whamo 02-10-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rip2174 (Post 8182159)
What size are the wheels and tires?

18 front, 20 rear...245/45r20, 275/45r20

HunterRotten 02-10-2018 05:14 PM

Wasn't too sure how that grille would look, but wow it looks pretty darn good!

Whamo 02-11-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterRotten (Post 8184235)
Wasn't too sure how that grille would look, but wow it looks pretty darn good!

Thank ya Rotten!

As I mentioned, the grille was already busted up and so it was a great piece to test out some ideas. That applies to just about everything on this truck and it's rebirth. She was busted up and tired and needed some love. I do not have the time or finances to restomod her the way I would soooo love to. This girl will be a workin shop truck, so this build can be categorized somewhere between rebuild and Roadkill...I like to call it a rattle can resto...

Here is Her backstory...

I got this truck in 2009 for $1600 off Ebay. I was in a real bad spot in life and I was buying her as my only means of transportation. My situation continued to be ugly and for a short while she was not only my truck but my house as well.

Things got better...got a dually for biz and a regular ride for daily duty and started thinking about tearing Annabelle down for a rebuild...then the following happened (and this is the Reader's Digest version):

...Got rear ended on the interstate by a waterhead in a tuner that sent me bouncing between 2 semis like a pinball...Insurance totaled her and I bought her back.

...went through 3 jasper long block 4.3's...yes, 3! The 4.3 stinks and so does Advance Auto Parts!

...traded my dually for a vortec V-8 and a paint job...when I got the truck back it had a tired 350 from a 75 donor in it and the fella shot the whole truck with rhino guard...Said fella had screwed several people over and had bolted to AZ to hide out on a reservation. I could write a novel on how bad a job that cat did - I think an 8th grade shop class would've done a better job.

...after a month of peeling off rhino guard, removing all the V6 bracketry and parts that nimrod tried to make work on the V8...and removing all the bolts that nimrod had welded to the exhaust and then to the bottom of the bed of the truck as support (yeah, that idea didn't work!), I'd had enough and started fixing her up myself - when I had time - which is rare.

This build ain't near as exciting as most that I follow (and you guys are doing some killer work!) and she ain't gonna be all that purdy, but with some Hillbilly Handlin, hopefully she's gonna get around ok and not look too shabby...

Whamo 02-12-2018 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's the little things in life...like a new black t-shirt...Roadkill gives me hope for our future....

Palf70Step 02-12-2018 08:43 AM

:metal:

Woodyboat 02-12-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whamo (Post 8184829)
...the fella shot the whole truck with rhino guard...

...after a month of peeling off rhino guard ....

Well.... by my quote you can see that people actually DO read your posts. LOL

I've seen a couple of trucks around lately that I would have like to make deals for but they were painted all over in that stuff. So I have to ask, just how difficult it this stuff to remove?