The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So why a Blazer??? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=735312)

eighteenninetytwo 04-12-2017 11:14 AM

So why a Blazer???

Was just adding to another thread and I was wondering why people chose Blazers / Jimmy's so I thought I'd start a thread to find out. Starting with me.

I chose a Blazer because I came here form England and used to own MG's over there and I like 1970's cars and wanted a convertible (as I'm now in CA). I was also toying with getting an old landrover for some off roady type stuff.

I put it off for a few years to get on my feet financially and then kids arrived, so when I started looking again I had to take them into the equation, so all of a sudden I'm looking for a 1970's convertible (or 4 x 4) with a back seat.

I quickly figured out that an MG was out and a Stag or Mustang would get Mega-Squished in an SUV accident so I had to look for something bigger and then... TA-DAAAH. When house hunting the kids saw an old Blazer parked by a house with stickers all over it and said "Look dad, a fun car" and there it was.....a 1970's classic convertible, holds kids, is big enough to be safe(ish) in an accident AND could be 4 x 4. I took about a year to investigate before buying.

buffydores 04-13-2017 02:53 PM

Re: So why a Blazer???

The Blazer is the first vehicle I remember from my toddler phase. It connects me to a time and place; and I get to share that with the people I love.

68Timber 04-14-2017 01:54 AM

My first car was an International Scout II, my second a K5, so I got hooked on 2-dr SUV's long before anyone started calling them that. I own two of them now. I like pickups equally, but appreciate the dry storage and back seat of the K5, kinda the perfect 'personal' utility vehicle. Plus they're shorter than a RCSB so they do feel sporty driving them, but you still have a full-size truck. I dunno, they just click with me.

PEDROSKI 04-14-2017 06:30 PM

I have kids and they can enjoy a nice cruise with me.

Have 3 K5 2wd's now

dbstepside 04-22-2017 08:42 PM

I had a 72 c10 and when going to local cruises I'd ask my wife and daughters if they wanted to go and my wife would always say there wasn't room for us all, so I bought my blazer to build something we could all ride in.

big d's red67 04-23-2017 03:44 PM

I have always loved square bodies, I think the blazer look the best.

special-K 04-27-2017 07:01 AM

I'm a truck guy, so K/5s are my car. I bought my first one after I hooked up with a gal who had two children...needed a back seat. Always had a Blazer, Jimmy, or Suburban ever since...as well as my trucks