The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729469)

undertaker72 02-11-2017 10:46 AM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

5 Attachment(s)
a lot of guys wanted pictures of the black Cheyenne super stepper, here is what I have on file

undertaker72 02-11-2017 10:48 AM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

5 Attachment(s)
more pics

undertaker72 02-11-2017 10:55 AM

5 Attachment(s)
more pictures

randy500 02-11-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertaker72 (Post 7855215)
here is one of my sierra grandes 1/2 4x4 ill get better pics as wheather right now is terrible , these were from last fall

Ochre is fine...its growing on me. Beautiful truck you have there and love the parchment interior.

randy500 02-11-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertaker72 (Post 7855228)
more pictures

Very unusual super with stepside, so weird with no trim. Very Nice!

72 Super 02-11-2017 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undertaker72 (Post 7855220)
a lot of guys wanted pictures of the black Cheyenne super stepper, here is what I have on file

Would love to have that truck.

Ray

Already Gone 02-11-2017 04:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Okay Mark, here is a GMC Sierra Grande C30 Longhorn that was on EBay last year.

Already Gone 02-11-2017 04:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Another unique Super that I would love to own.

Already Gone 02-11-2017 04:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
A C20 with nice colors and equipment. Was on Craigslist last year.

Already Gone 02-11-2017 04:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Mark, one you went and looked at for me.

jocko 02-11-2017 05:00 PM

thanks for posting those! That white/orange one here in TX was pretty darn nice and extremely original. I don't remember that black n white bucket Super - oh my goodness, that is an AWESOME truck. Super and Custom Camper, buckets and big block... that's just about the top of the food chain as far as I'm concerned.

I love buckets, but I'm always torn - prefer the fabric seat cover so much more to actually sit on, so I guess I'd always go bench. If didn't mind not being stock, I do know there are custom cloth bucket aftermarket covers that are very nice upgrades.

undertaker72 02-11-2017 05:10 PM

that longhorn sierra grande , is a super fine truck , and its loaded , thanks for sharing

allchevy58 02-11-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7855008)
dats a spiceya meataball! that's really nice and a 558 paint code to boot.
gmc question - I don't recall seeing "houndstooth" seats in Sierra Grandes - Allchev (or anyone) did the Sierra Grandes get the same type of seat cover a Custom Deluxe gets in a chev? It looks like it - I think the Custom Deluxe fabric is a GREAT looking seat cover - prefer it very much over a Cheyenne or Sierra all vinyl. It's right up there with houndstooth for me, if not even a little nicer. Just curious - not too up to speed on how the gmc's were outfitted interior-wise.

I don't believe GMC's had Houndstooth, I was going to do it with Houndstooth until I saw the cloth from SMS Auto Fabrics. Bought the material and had a shop in Reno do it for me.

tommys72 02-11-2017 10:46 PM

I don't remember that black n white bucket Super - oh my goodness, that is an AWESOME truck. Super and Custom Camper, buckets and big block... that's just about the top of the food chain as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. Super cool truck there.

geunther 02-11-2017 11:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
72 Super. Original interior and sheet metal.

jocko 02-12-2017 12:12 AM

Beautiful example geunther, that is really sharp and it looks completely original just like you pointed out - and you live in CHEYENNE!! That's SUPER!

Chevyland 02-12-2017 12:30 AM

Man, there sure are some nice trucks showing up here.
Thanks for starting this thread jocko
I never get tired of looking at them!

68 50th 02-12-2017 03:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wanted to post this pic, it might be of interest to someone. I just have the glove box door, not the entire truck. The odd thing is that it have CHEYENNE SUPER EQUIPM typed out but with Z84 option code, not YE9. Could this be a typo or have anyone seen another one like this?

jocko 02-12-2017 02:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Not a typo - it's a Canadian thing (ohsawa build). RPO code is what you should reference - so a Z84 would actually be a Cheyenne trim truck, despite the wording. Am guessing the glovebox door in your post does not have woodgrain??

We've also seen some that have BOTH the Z84 and YE9, and they are indeed Supers.

Anyway, for reference below is a Cheyenne (Canadian built) with the same SPID nomenclature - just like the one above. It's not a Super.

Already Gone 02-12-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 50th (Post 7856105)
Wanted to post this pic, it might be of interest to someone. I just have the glove box door, not the entire truck. The odd thing is that it have CHEYENNE SUPER EQUIPM typed out but with Z84 option code, not YE9. Could this be a typo or have anyone seen another one like this?

Interesting to see the "U18 Kilo Speedometer " RPO Code. I don't want to go off the rails on this as this is a Post your Super thread but in Canada metric speedos were not mandatory until 1977/78. Please no discussion or comments on this in this thread. Okay I didn't realize the member posting the spid was in Sweden. That truck must ave been built and exported to Sweden when new or the speedo would have been in MPH.

Graham57a 02-13-2017 04:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a little super my dad has been working on. Saving up parts to do a full factory frame off one of these days

68 50th 02-13-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7856494)
Not a typo - it's a Canadian thing (ohsawa build). RPO code is what you should reference - so a Z84 would actually be a Cheyenne trim truck, despite the wording. Am guessing the glovebox door in your post does not have woodgrain??

We've also seen some that have BOTH the Z84 and YE9, and they are indeed Supers.

Anyway, for reference below is a Cheyenne (Canadian built) with the same SPID nomenclature - just like the one above. It's not a Super.

Thanks for reply.
Correct, the actual glovebox door does not have woodgrain so I guess the truck is not considered to be a real Super despite the wording.
I have also seen some GMC trucks with RPO Z84 Sierra Grande while most have RPO YE9 Sierra Grande. Same Canadian thing I guess.

Already Gone 02-13-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham57a (Post 7857278)
Here's a little super my dad has been working on. Saving up parts to do a full factory frame off one of these days

Interesting the engine is still listed as a 396 and the truck is a 1971. It was built in Atlanta and if it was an early 1971 model build say in September 1970, did Atlanta still put 396 on their spies for the 1971 model year.

Graham57a 02-13-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 7857378)
Interesting the engine is still listed as a 396 and the truck is a 1971. It was built in Atlanta and if it was an early 1971 model build say in September 1970, did Atlanta still put 396 on their spies for the 1971 model year.

Yea that's a good point, I honestly never noticed that until I made this post. I thought I remembered the glovebox emblem having the 1972 scroll behind the word Cheyenne which made me believe it was a late production run. I could be wrong though

engineer_gregh 02-14-2017 05:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I'll add a couple of mine. First up is my 71.