The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   NEW! Square Body StreetGrip (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=730632)

JohnJ@RideTech 02-17-2017 12:50 PM

NEW! Square Body StreetGrip

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1623421

For Immediate Release

February 16, 2017

With the values of 67-72 GM C/K pickups on the rise, some enthusiasts are turning to GM’s 3rd generation or “Square-Body” pickups. In production for 15 years, “Square Body” pickups are more plentiful than prior generations. The stylish body style also lends itself nicely to customization.
Today's "Square-Body" owner wants to enjoy driving their truck as much as they enjoy driving their new Camaro. You want ride quality. You want handling performance. You DO NOT want to spend weeks or thousands of dollars to accomplish this objective.

RideTech feels the same way! That is why the StreetGRIP suspension system was created! Now available for the squarebody GM pickups, RideTech's new StreetGRIP system offers the following benefits:
•Easy to install - direct replacement for factory suspension - no cutting, welding or other chassis modifications. One Box... One Solution!
•RADICAL improvement to ride quality and handling performance.
•Aggressive real-world lowered stance.
•Application-calibrated RideTech HQ Series Mono-Tube shock absorbers with forged bodies and rebound adjustment. 1,000,001 mile warranty!
•Application-specific coil springs and composite leaf springs offer the best of both worlds...ride quality and crisp handling.
•Delrin self-lubricating control arm and leaf spring bushings eliminate unwanted movement and stiction in suspension.
•Larger swaybar minimizes unwanted body roll through the corners.
•Drop spindles offer a 2.5" drop for that perfect stance without sacrificing suspension travel.

Check out the link below for installation photos and videos!
http://www.ridetech.com/info/2017/02...9957b-92839397

G8DAN 02-17-2017 01:10 PM

Re: NEW! Square Body StreetGrip

Nice! I was waiting for this kit to come out. Are we able to purchase items individually?

JohnJ@RideTech 02-17-2017 01:53 PM

Yes! Any of the items in the kit are available for individual purchase. Feel free to contact me directly at JJohnson@ridetech.com
Ill be more than happy to help you out.

JohnJ@RideTech 02-17-2017 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1623466

jbjburbs 02-13-2018 09:17 AM

Old thread, but does this setup work on the suburban? I assume the front is pretty straight forward, but the frames are little different in the rear. maybe close enough though? I know ridetech doesn't play in the world of close enough, but I was curious if it had been looked at all.

I'm talking about an 85 C10 Suburban, BTW.

JohnJ@RideTech 02-13-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjburbs (Post 8186746)
Old thread, but does this setup work on the suburban? I assume the front is pretty straight forward, but the frames are little different in the rear. maybe close enough though? I know ridetech doesn't play in the world of close enough, but I was curious if it had been looked at all.

I'm talking about an 85 C10 Suburban, BTW.

I don't believe that the spring rate on the composite leaf will support the weight. We've never actually tired it but my first inclination is no.
The front spring rate will be fine and good to go. I would say we would have to look into alternative methods to get the rear up to the correct ride height.

JohnJ@RideTech 07-25-2018 10:01 AM

See the newly released StreetGrip kit for the 88-98 C1500 platform under that section of the forum!