The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Dumb Dumb Video (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=741381)

special-K 07-01-2017 07:14 AM

Dumb Dumb Video

What a bunch of knuckleheads. You'd think between them all one of them would know all he had to do was get right up on that log and short-chained it. You don't need no Cummins (that seems to not want to idle...ha ha) dually to pull that log, but half a brain would help. I remember when it was guys with common sense who drove trucks. The rest drove cars. Poor truck could walk that log across that property without a sweat with less than a fool at the wheel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24RljvnSfhc

68panelman 07-01-2017 10:33 AM

Re: Dumb Dumb Video

Very sad to say the least, these guys are what I call " Boys with beards", all to common today. Think he just likes to hear himself hitting the throttle. I own a nearly identical truck and would never have to abuse it like this fool to pull out a log. Imagine having these clowns for neighbors??? Geez

CG 07-01-2017 11:05 AM

Well Tim you sent me off on a two hour adventure of watching videos over to the side of this one. Motor Trends Dirt Every Day is actually a really fun series to watch ... Thanks!

snj8198 07-02-2017 11:41 AM

We need these types out there, they are economy stimulaters!

flashed 07-02-2017 11:56 AM

What a DUMMY .

RANDY COX 07-03-2017 06:56 PM

I bet if you hooked that up right you could've pulled that with a heavy garden tractor...LOL...

special-K 07-05-2017 02:02 PM

My ole lady coulda rolled that log up on her hair rollers blowing her blow dryer sooner'n them buncha wombats done it and she ain't really all that smart. Reckon that's what I love about 'er :mel:

LOL! Economy stimulaters!

Mark, I don't use You Tube much, but when I do I often find myself on an odyssey.

That's what I'll say (or think) when I hear someone constantly tapping the gas going no where, "Won't it idle?", like I'm serious.

Heeyuck heeyuck. My buddy gotta twelvowv pulls logs! I swear I seen it an put it on YouTube and all like that and everthang...yup (heeyuck heeyuck) I did

jimmyjammoto 07-17-2017 11:00 PM

I don't get it... it wasn't even that big lol!!

stenbrin 07-20-2017 12:07 AM

More traction, less stacks

andrewmp6 07-20-2017 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7980904)
Well Tim you sent me off on a two hour adventure of watching videos over to the side of this one. Motor Trends Dirt Every Day is actually a really fun series to watch ... Thanks!

You never heard of dirt every day tell now,I love that show and roadkill both make me laugh hard.But back to the video he probably had it in 4 wheel high and as much as it was spinning those are probably bald street tires and he kept it floored a lot.All i can do is shake my head at them.

andrewmp6 07-20-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stenbrin (Post 7995337)
More traction, less stacks

I never understood the whole lets put smoke stacks in the bed of a pickup.They make bigger exhaust kits for diesels that will out flow a stack and you still got a useable bed on the truck.

special-K 07-21-2017 06:30 AM

Yeah, Seems like some confusion going on with the young boys these days. Kinda like the cowboy hat with white sneakers look. Stacks are a big rig thing same as west coast mirrors, extra lights, mudflaps, etc. All these things detract from a 4wd's off road ability. Big rigs are built for the hiway and are cab & chassis, not pickups. They run "hiway" tires. Trucks are a versatile realm of specific designs for specific purposes and you get these monkeys mixing it all up.

First thing you do is learn how to use your truck and this guy (and apparently his friends) ain't there yet.

andrewmp6 07-22-2017 03:42 AM

I guess im getting old i haven't owned a pair of sneakers since high school,All i wear is work boots.