The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wish I hadnít sold it? (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=802884)

1968C30 03-18-2020 04:54 PM

Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
5 Attachment(s)
Here is the only one I sold that I wish I hadnít. It was a 69 Camaro convertible. I was the third owner The second owner had the car since 1970. It had a LM1 engine, automatic with console, air conditioning with a power top. Also had a factory 12 bolt rear end with 2:56 gears. Here are some photos. Share yours if you have any.

72c20customcamper 03-18-2020 05:20 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
3 Attachment(s)
Never regretted selling a car. But then again I have cars I've owned since 1977. Longest 2 that I have owned my Chevelle since 1984 and the AMX since 1977.

Killer Bee 03-18-2020 08:32 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
the story is more tragic than just a simple sale, but left a void I'll never forget :(

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/p9pjsumm4yt...front.jpg?dl=0

all three sold to fellow sailors, regret them all..

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zlgxhi165m4...20C20.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/62bx5448idr...20C20.jpg?dl=0

1968C30 03-18-2020 09:07 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8697516)
Never regretted selling a car. But then again I have cars I've owned since 1977. Longest 2 that I have owned my Chevelle since 1984 and the AMX since 1977.

Thatís awesome you still have the Chevelle and the AMX

1968C30 03-18-2020 09:11 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
[QUOTE=Killer Bee;8697658]the story is more tragic than just a simple sale, but left a void I'll never forget :(



all three sold to fellow sailors, regret them all

Sure were nice rides.

hotsam 03-18-2020 09:13 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8697658)
the story is more tragic than just a simple sale, but left a void I'll never forget :(

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/p9pjsumm4yt...front.jpg?dl=0

all three sold to fellow sailors, regret them all..

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/zlgxhi165m4...20C20.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/62bx5448idr...20C20.jpg?dl=0

Good looking GOAT bee !!! I own a 67' Ive had it almost 20 yrs. !! I need to get a pic on here.. My dads first ride was a 66' 389 tri-power 4 spd.

Matt Man 03-18-2020 09:32 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
I am only 28 so my vehicle is a lot newer but I really with I had my 06 back. I foolishly sold it to buy a 4 door truck with payments... Only had the v6 in it but it was a great truck. Sold it back in 2011.

https://i.imgur.com/WkIJnq5.jpg
After the wheels I put on it. I should have put 20's instead of 22's.
https://i.imgur.com/IltVMT8h.jpg

davischevy 03-18-2020 09:48 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
3 Attachment(s)
I had a 70 Chevelle SS 396 for 17 years. I sold it in 1988 and bought this SS 454.

A friend of mine bought this one new. Cowl Induction, factory air, tilt, tach, posi, AM/FM stereo, buckets and console.

FleetsidePaul 03-19-2020 06:48 AM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Cars are a lot like girlfriends. You split up for whatever reason. And then think about it for years.

Why did I do that? :crazy:

special-K 03-19-2020 07:04 AM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
I've never bought a vehicle I didn't want to keep. I wish I could still have them all.

Jrainman 03-19-2020 09:41 AM

Re: Wish I hadn’t sold it?
 
I get what you all are saying , but really imagine if you had kept all those special cars and trucks in your life , the room alone you need to store them and up keep them becomes a PIA and then if you really think about it for what ,use them once in a while and the time it takes to do the little things like just keeping the mice away, keeping them clean and stored properly and then replacing small parts or restoring parts, it get to be a lot time .

I know this because I still have my first car , I would have had my 72 blazer but it got totaled in 76, I have my first new truck I ever bought , I have my first new car I ever bought, also my first new motorcycle I ever bought, and 5 other motorcycles , and also my 69 c10 and my 68 c10 , its a lot of up keep . now that I am retired ,somtimes I think of selling everything and just sit on my porch with my old dog, a drink and just play my guitar. the problem is I would have to sell all my tools all the parts I have, and knock the garages down because, if I dont knock them down and sell my tools I would fill them up again with more crap for that plan to work and again that is just to much time and work, So sometimes I feel stuck care taking all this crap.

67ChevyRedneck 03-19-2020 09:58 AM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
I knew I was going to regret selling this, but the $4,500 I got from it was a big chunk I needed to buy my 65 Mustang. The wife also had me on a "car number" limit. I have since sneaked one more home :)

My "Little Red Bastard". 99 S10, 2.2L, 5 speed, owned from 2006-2012. Had stupid low miles, something like 90K when I got it and like only 130K when I sold it. I put leather Blazer buckets and console in it, dropped it, "94" mirrors, changed up the lights. I really enjoyed driving it.

I've never sold anything that would be considered a classic. I've only ever sold 3 trucks and sent another to the crusher.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1291591850

special-K 03-19-2020 10:04 AM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
That's why I was alright with reducing my years long collection when the need arose. I was also entering a later phase of life. Over the years there was either an economic reason, the lack of proper storage, or just space. But that doesn't change that I wish I still had them all. I always regret selling my stuff. Other than wishing I still had them all, I wish I had the buildings to keep them all in, a full shop to maintain them in, and the money to easily give them upkeep. Using them would not be an issue. If I had that much money I wouldn't even want to own a new vehicle

jchav62 03-19-2020 11:32 AM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I never really technically 'sold' it, but I chose a different vehicle and boy do I regret it! My dad had this '55 Belair 2-door HT saved for me. :(

FleetsidePaul 03-19-2020 12:20 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
There are so many that I regret selling. #1 My 68 Charger R/T. #2 My 71 Yamaha RD200. #3 My 70 GMC. That probably explains why I have seven cars now. I don't sell anything. Well I did sell my Ranger but I really didn't care about it.

It was really never about money. It was more about space. I just didn't have the room. I'm running out of room for my junk now. I have around 400 model car kits and probably as many diecast vehicles. They take up a lot of space. But I can't part with them.

So I'm going to check this out this weekend. And see if I can reclaim my garages. I have a 2 car and a 3 car and they're both full of stuff.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/shed2.jpg

Somewhere in my 3 car garage is a pool table buried under boxes. I'd like to use it again. I have neon signs that I'd like to hang but I can't get close enough to the wall to do it. The trailer ought to hold a lot of stuff. I know that I should sell some things but I just can't do it.

davischevy 03-19-2020 12:40 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
3 Attachment(s)
I would buy this one back in a minute. I got it right out of high school. These pictures were taken in 1988 just before I sold it.

Boog 03-19-2020 12:44 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Yeah. That old hind sight thing again. Would you buy it back for the investment or only sentimental reason? It was a very pretty car.

Boog 03-19-2020 12:50 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8698010)
There are so many that I regret selling. #1 My 68 Charger R/T. #2 My 71 Yamaha RD200. #3 My 70 GMC. That probably explains why I have seven cars now. I don't sell anything. Well I did sell my Ranger but I really didn't care about it.

It was really never about money. It was more about space. I just didn't have the room. I'm running out of room for my junk now. I have around 400 model car kits and probably as many diecast vehicles. They take up a lot of space. But I can't part with them.

So I'm going to check this out this weekend. And see if I can reclaim my garages. I have a 2 car and a 3 car and they're both full of stuff.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/shed2.jpg

Somewhere in my 3 car garage is a pool table buried under boxes. I'd like to use it again. I have neon signs that I'd like to hang but I can't get close enough to the wall to do it. The trailer ought to hold a lot of stuff. I know that I should sell some things but I just can't do it.

So where is the line between collector and hoarder? :lol:

Tom 03-19-2020 12:54 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Read this kind of stuff way too often as a kid. So I kept my first vehicle I ever had. Still have it 22yrs later.

dajn 03-19-2020 01:00 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 8697922)
I knew I was going to regret selling this, but the $4,500 I got from it was a big chunk I needed to buy my 65 Mustang. The wife also had me on a "car number" limit. I have since sneaked one more home :)

My "Little Red Bastard". 99 S10, 2.2L, 5 speed, owned from 2006-2012. Had stupid low miles, something like 90K when I got it and like only 130K when I sold it. I put leather Blazer buckets and console in it, dropped it, "94" mirrors, changed up the lights. I really enjoyed driving it.

I've never sold anything that would be considered a classic. I've only ever sold 3 trucks and sent another to the crusher.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1291591850

I have a soft spot for the last model s10 also. They are fun to drive especially with the manual. And such a simple basic design. Last year I found an 03 s10. 4 cylinder manual transmission. Only had 45 thousand miles. Looked like new. The guy was asking $4500. I regret not buying it. I have an 01 standard cab long box. V6 automatic. Rusty.

LockDoc 03-19-2020 01:36 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
3 Attachment(s)
-

First one is the one I wish I had kept. Not necessarily because it is desirable but because it is pretty rare in this condition. Black 1933 Ford Sedan Delivery. I actually had two of them at the same time.

I DIDN'T get rid of this one. Since 1960. This is the third time I have rebuilt it but first time off the frame. First picture is when I got it in June of 1960 and second picture is last summer right after I finished it..

LockDoc

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 03-19-2020 03:09 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
2 Attachment(s)
Sold a 1969 Gran Torino GT for $550, no rust to speak of. It was the same year and color as below. I still remember my freind's words "this will never amount to anything". Yeah right, what a beautiful car. The turn signals on the hood scoop were cool, but it is a Ford;)

Can we include "Wish I hadn't wrecked it" too? I had a 1971 Mazda RX2 Coupe with a 4-speed. Same color as below. Funnest dang car to drive, beautiful interior, a great a$$ end and Brap Brap Brap! I would love another, but where would you find parts. I buried the speedo many times 140-145 MPH, it had a newer Wankel.

Here's one just like my old car. Nice intro all the way around. I haven't seen an RX2 over many many decades. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rywD5tOQTI0......................."the replacement engine had pistons, blah blah blah, we don't care":lol:

1968C30 03-19-2020 06:43 PM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8697840)
I've never bought a vehicle I didn't want to keep. I wish I could still have them all.

I like this answer!! So true

FleetsidePaul 03-20-2020 03:57 AM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8698023)
So where is the line between collector and hoarder? :lol:

I think I'm dancing on that line right now. :lol:

Yep...Pretty sure I am.

FleetsidePaul 03-20-2020 04:19 AM

Re: Wish I hadnít sold it?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 8698094)

Can we include "Wish I hadn't wrecked it" too? I had a 1971 Mazda RX2 Coupe with a 4-speed. Same color as below. Funnest dang car to drive, beautiful interior, a great a$$ end and Brap Brap Brap! I would love another, but where would you find parts. I buried the speedo many times 140-145 MPH,

My friend had an RX2. It didn't look like it. But that was one fast little Mofo.

The funnest part about that car is when he would shut it off. Give it about 30 seconds to a minute. Then BANG! It would backfire. It was like someone shot off a gun. :lol: Scared the cr@p out of people.

I remember the first time I heard it. I jumped. He didn't tell me. He just smiled and said "Wait for it" Then boom! :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...od_day_sir.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com